Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best Conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • best Conference

    An age old debate it seems, this became a popular subject in the Mathis/Ginn discousson so I made an official thread for it.
    IMO its the SEC...
    These guys continue to beat up on eachother and every year theres always one suprise, but teams like Florida and LSU stay on top.
    After SEC...
    Big 10
    ACC
    Pac-10
    Big 12
    Big East
    CUSA
    WAC
    MAC
    MWC
    Sun Belt
    Last edited by neko4; 04-15-2007, 05:12 PM.



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

  • #2
    Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
      Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.
      Care to explain that?


      "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

      Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
      Donít quit, donít even quit.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
        Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.
        how??? Is it that they had 6 ranked teams, more than any other conference?

        1) Florida
        3) LSU
        9) Auburn
        15) Arkansas
        23) Georgia
        25) Tennessee

        Pac-10
        4) USC
        14) Cal
        21) Oregon State

        Big 12(Off year IMO)
        11) Texas
        13) Oklahoma

        Big 10
        2) tOSU
        7) Wisconsin
        8) Michigan
        24) Penn st

        Big East
        6) Loovile
        10) West VA
        12) Rutgers

        ACC(Another off year conference)
        18) Wake Forest
        19) V Tech
        20) BC

        Mountain West
        16) BYU
        22) TCU

        WAC
        5) Boise St
        Last edited by neko4; 04-15-2007, 05:17 PM.



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          always has and will be the Pac-10

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
            Every year we hear how "dominant" the SEC will be. Then once the season goes on, it looks like a terrible confrence.
            What the????

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dcboys94 View Post
              always has and will be the Pac-10
              please explain, just saying means nothing



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll take the Big Ten.then the SEC.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  how??? Is it that they had 6 ranked teams, more than any other conference?

                  1) Florida-Best team in the confrence/country, No question
                  3) LSU- Second best team in the confrence
                  9) Auburn- Many picked them to go to the National Title. They were an average team
                  15) Arkansas- McFadden and Jones are their whole offense
                  23) Georgia- Georgia was terrible last year
                  25) Tennessee- Another average team

                  Pac-10
                  4) USC
                  14) Cal
                  21) Oregon State

                  Big 12(Off year IMO)
                  11) Texas
                  13) Oklahoma

                  Big 10
                  2) tOSU
                  7) Wisconsin
                  8) Michigan
                  24) Penn st

                  Big East
                  6) Loovile
                  10) West VA
                  12) Rutgers

                  ACC(Another off year conference)
                  18) Wake Forest
                  19) V Tech
                  20) BC

                  Mountain West
                  16) BYU
                  22) TCU

                  WAC
                  5) Boise St
                  See above.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And some how a ranked team is bad? And who cares if they only had two good offensive players, a good team is a good team and teams ranked for a reason. Also the only reason Auburn wasnt in the N'tl champs game is because they lost to Arkansas and UGA...two Conference oppponets. This only backs up what i said about SEC teams beating up on eachother. Only Tennessee and Arkansas were the ranked SEC teams to lose out of conference games.

                    Also Kentucky, South Carolina and Bama all had bowl bids



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Last year the SEC was the best. The year before the Big Ten was the best followed by the Big 12. Changes from year to year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can confidently say the SEC. There are only 2 teams in the conference that look like locks to miss bowl games (Mississippi and Mississippi State), and they should both be much improved.

                        I think the Pac-10 is gonna surprise a lot of people this year, though. USC is the team everyone talks about, but UCLA could just as easily win that conference. Cal is still solid, Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State and Washington State look like good teams, and Washington is on the rise, as is Arizona. The only real "bad' team in the conference is Stanford.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                          I can confidently say the SEC. There are only 2 teams in the conference that look like locks to miss bowl games (Mississippi and Mississippi State), and they should both be much improved.

                          I think the Pac-10 is gonna surprise a lot of people this year, though. USC is the team everyone talks about, but UCLA could just as easily win that conference. Cal is still solid, Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State and Washington State look like good teams, and Washington is on the rise, as is Arizona. The only real "bad' team in the conference is Stanford.
                          I cant definatly see Pac-10 moving to 2nd or possibly 1st in the next few years



                          Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As I've posted before in countless threads...

                            1. SEC
                            2. Big Ten
                            3a. Pac 10
                            3b. Big 12
                            5. ACC
                            6. Big East
                            7. MWC
                            8. CUSA
                            9. WAC
                            10. MAC
                            11. Sun Belt
                            I'm a state.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                              As I've posted before in countless threads...

                              1. SEC
                              2. Big Ten
                              3a. Pac 10
                              3b. Big 12
                              5. ACC
                              6. Big East
                              7. MWC
                              8. CUSA
                              9. WAC
                              10. MAC
                              11. Sun Belt
                              I really dont think the Big12 is better than ACC, ACC had a down year but they typically have better teams.



                              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information