Fred Rouse........He's back!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else? Very rare that will ever happen.
    MR. RANDY MOSS HIMSELF OF COURSE

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. He entered a plea of guilty to battery, and received probation along with a 30-day suspended jail sentence.[4] Notre Dame subsequently revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[5] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season. He was red-shirted in his freshman season.[5] While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash while only Deion Sanders, with a 4.23 40-yard dash, had achieved better.[1]

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[5]

Ultimately, Moss transferred to Marshall University, about an hour's drive from his home. Because Marshall was then a Division I-AA school, NCAA rules allowed him to transfer there without losing any further eligibility. In 1996, he set the NCAA Division I-AA records for most games with a touchdown catch in a season (14), most consecutive games with a touchdown catch (13), most touchdown passes caught by a freshman in a season (29), and most receiving yards gained by a freshman in a season (1709 on 78 catches), record which still stands. Moss was also the leading kickoff returner in Division I-AA on the season, with 484 total yards and a 34.6 yard average. Marshall went undefeated and won the Division I-AA title in its last season before moving to Division I-A.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskerNation View Post
      How can you make a statement like that when Rouse is a soph. and higgins is a graduating senior who is 3 years older with more experience? Idiotic stuff man....
      UHHHHH...... I'm saying he will be no better than Higgins when it is all said and done.... Idiotic stuff man. :p

My reply was idiotic? This whole THREAD was idiotic!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by SHOWTIME View Post

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. He entered a plea of guilty to battery, and received probation along with a 30-day suspended jail sentence.[4] Notre Dame subsequently revoked his scholarship, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[5] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season. He was red-shirted in his freshman season.[5] While at Florida State, Moss ran a 4.25 40-yard dash while only Deion Sanders, with a 4.23 40-yard dash, had achieved better.[1]

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was let go by Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[5]

Ultimately, Moss transferred to Marshall University, about an hour's drive from his home. Because Marshall was then a Division I-AA school, NCAA rules allowed him to transfer there without losing any further eligibility. In 1996, he set the NCAA Division I-AA records for most games with a touchdown catch in a season (14), most consecutive games with a touchdown catch (13), most touchdown passes caught by a freshman in a season (29), and most receiving yards gained by a freshman in a season (1709 on 78 catches), record which still stands. Moss was also the leading kickoff returner in Division I-AA on the season, with 484 total yards and a 34.6 yard average. Marshall went undefeated and won the Division I-AA title in its last season before moving to Division I-A.
        Hey congratulations you can copy and paste from Wikipedia! That's impressive

Comment

OK so of all the guys that transfer from a top division 1 school to second tier programs, the only player you can think of is Randy Moss.

I hate it when people think they are smart by posting this stuff. Just because one guy did it, does not make it likely. Randy Moss is the exception, not the rule. For every Randy Moss that makes it, there's hundreds or thousands that don't.

And to top it off, it figures the only guy you can find is one of the best WRs of our time. Rouse isn't anywhere near that level. I watched him play 1st hand. He faded into the background every chance he got.

BTW... Randy Moss was still running 4.25 40's while all this was going on. Rouse ran a 4.7. But your 100 percent right, if Randy Moss can do it, so can Fred Rouse. Please think before you copy other's info and post it on here.

Comment

OK so of all the guys that transfer from a top division 1 school to second tier programs, the only player you can think of is Randy Moss.

I hate it when people think they are smart by posting this stuff. Just because one guy did it, does not make it likely. Randy Moss is the exception, not the rule. For every Randy Moss that makes it, there's hundreds or thousands that don't.

And to top it off, it figures the only guy you can find is one of the best WRs of our time. Rouse isn't anywhere near that level. I watched him play 1st hand. He faded into the background every chance he got.

BTW... Randy Moss was still running 4.25 40's while all this was going on. Rouse ran a 4.7. But your 100 percent right, if Randy Moss can do it, so can Fred Rouse. Please think before you copy other's info and post it on here.

i think he only posted that becuz someone asked when is the last time somethin like that happened...i dont thnk he posted it tryin to say that rouse would make it cuz moss did

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
              i think he only posted that becuz someone asked when is the last time somethin like that happened...i dont thnk he posted it tryin to say that rouse would make it cuz moss did

I was the one that posted when was the last time something like that happened. It wasn't meant for a literal anwser. The fact that he had to go all the way back to Randy Moss proves my point that the chances of Rouse making it are slim to none.
              Last edited by Joeyjr09; 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I was the one that posted when was the last time something like that happened. It was meant for a litteral anwser. The fact that he had to go all the way back to Randy Moss proves my point that the chances of Rouse making it are slim to none.

ok well like i said he answered ur question...randy moss was the last one to do it...no where in his post did he say rouse was gonna do it..he just said moss was the last

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                  ok well like i said he answered ur question...randy moss was the last one to do it...no where in his post did he say rouse was gonna do it..he just said moss was the last

exactly my point :-) thanx. i doubt the guy will even get through a full semester of college, doesnt seem dedicated enough. i was just making a point that it has been done before
                  Last edited by SHOWTIME; 05-21-2007, 02:33 AM.

Comment

exactly my point :-) thanx. i doubt the guy will even get through a full semester of college, doesnt seem dedicated enough. i was just making a point that it has been done before
                    We all know it has been done before. That point of the question was to show that it does not happen very often. The question was not mean to be taken in a literal sense. If you read it in the context of the rest of the post instead of just taking out the question, you would see that I was merely using it to point out that those situations rarely pan out.

When asked the question, people should think, notice they can't find a person off the top of their head and then understand my point more clearly that these situations rarely pan out. Obiviously, you did not understand that as you took the question in a literal sense. Learn how to read in the context of what's going on with the rest of the post instead of taking every sentence literally.
                    Last edited by Joeyjr09; 05-21-2007, 05:10 AM.

Comment

somebodys taking this a little personal huh lol bro this is just a thread and not who wants to be a millionare. so chill out, your not going to lose any lifelines if your wrong :-)
                      Last edited by SHOWTIME; 05-21-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

somebodys taking this a little personal huh lol bro this is just a thread and not who wants to be a millionare. so chill out, your not going to lose any lifelines if your wrong :-)
                        Who wants to be a millionaire? If your gonna try to be clever, make sure it's gonna be funny.

Comment

[QUOTE=Joeyjr09370128]When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else?

Randy Moss?[QUOTE]

Comment

[QUOTE=Joeyjr09;370128]When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else?[QUOTE]

Randy Moss?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tyler Ashley;411447][QUOTE=Joeyjr09;370128]When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else?

Randy Moss?
                              We've already been over this.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

[QUOTE][quote=Tyler Ashley;411447]
                                When was the last time you've seen a top prospect get kicked out of school and actually turn into a superstar somewhere else?
                                Eric Wright?

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information