No announcement yet.

Best College Football Stadium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be a bit more interesting if folks would actually post a reason or two as to why their stadium should be considered among the best. I mean, we're all homers when it comes to this topic, but at least back it with some substance.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      That's why I said "post rennovation" and the tailgaiting hasn't been good because our team has sucked the past 4 or 5 years. With some expectations now, it'll be much better. I think I'm going to the Michigan Game though, which should be pretty awesome.

When the rennovations get done at Memorial, it's going to look pretty nice. It won't be the best stadium, but it'll be much improved.
      You really think that's gonna be a fun game to go to?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Home of the Sooners baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

since we are all just touting our homer stadiums, I'll go with Kyle Field:

But that is an older pic, it shows the old video screen at the bottom, what it's not showing is the 110 foot tall video board they built before this season, which contains 590,000 pixels on 154 video panels with a screen size of 74 ft by 54 ft:

I just think ours is the best because people here will cheer non-stop and they stay the whole game, even if we are losing by like 30 points.
          Last edited by Brent; 05-06-2007, 12:37 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Beaver Stadium

107,000 + capacity, 2nd largest in America behind only the Big House.

Tailgating is very good but I dont' think it's the best in America. Homefield edge is very good however as the Lions win about 80% of all there home games.

Took down alot of good teams at Beaver Stadium, most recently in 2006 the OSU team lost there shot at a national title after falling to the Lions in primetime 17-10.

Comment

I dont think there is any stadium which can be labeled "best stadium in the nation."

To have the best stadium it all depends on the atmosphere, and that is completely dependent on the fans. The best stadium to me would have to be which ever one is loudest and most distracting to the opposing team.

raucous and rambunctious fans are what make college football, be it their tailgating before the game to celebrate a great american tradition, college football, or just the pride and school spirit they posess.

From a historic standpoint the historic college institutions which take great pride in their football must be among the top. As for noise and sheer volume that is another question.

From a personal standpoint I can say that going from capacity Clemson is one of the loudest stadiums in the nation, they dont have the most fans but are still louder than most stadiums out there. The Swamp is another great place to visit if you are a Gator fan, otherwise you team is in for some trouble.

LSU has some great tailgating and SEC games there are deafening. Heck how many other schools can claim to cause seismic readings due to a football game?

Since I am a southern boy I have not had the pleasure to visit the rest of the nation's stadiums, dont be offended if I did not include some of the preeminent stadiums it is only because I have not visited them in person.

Anyway thats my two cents for what makes a great stadium, comments appreciated.

Comment

I'd love to go to a game a Kyle Field, its on my list of things to do.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State)

Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn)

Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV)

Honolulu Stadium (Hawaii)

Comment

Beaver Stadium- Penn State Nittany Lions!

Voted the best place in college football by SI.

Comment

3 reasons why I'd vote for Notre Dame Stadium

TOUCHDOWN JESUS! ITS LIKE REGULAR JESUS, BUT BETTER!

THE GROTTO! BLOW OUT A CANDLE AND HOPE THAT COACH TUBBY DOESN'T HAVE A STROKE BEFORE KICKOFF!

PRETTY MUCH THE MOST AWESOME DOME IN THE WORLD!

In all seriousness, the history/intanglibles (grotto, basilica, bookstore, etc.) at ND are what make it the best IMO. The seats are small and the fans are fat...not the best combination, and the crowd is mild at best...noise wise they are easily bested by SEC stadiums (and i'm sure by Big ten, twelve, whatever...i've just only experienced SEC games outside of ND).

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Penn state holds the most

^ bantx
                        Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                        **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                        Originally posted by Jughead10
                        I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Just out of interest, what is the biggest/best high school stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Forzy View Post
                            Just out of interest, what is the biggest/best high school stadium?
                            I have no idea, but it would be a safe bet to assume it's somewhere in Texas. I'm interested to find this out as well. I just tried google, but didn't come up with anything. I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                              Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State)

Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn)

Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV)

Honolulu Stadium (Hawaii)
                              IMO, one of the best stadiums out there.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Neyland Staduim and the Horseshoe.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                                i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                                who dey?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information