2008 Sleeper/Homer Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Sleeper/Homer Player

It's a bit early...I know. But, I have a very good feeling that this guy is going to be an absolute stud next year.

Branden Ore...#28. Runningback, Virginia Tech. 5'11" 202 pounds. He runs between a 4.4 and a 4.5, and is considered somewhat of an all-around back. For a guy of his weight, he throws around a lot of force...and he still has good breakaway speed. Here are his stats thus far.

Not too shabby. Especially considering that he missed 2 games this past year. Can he catch the ball? Yes. Unfortunately, our passing game was somewhat lacking this year...but watch for that to improve as well.

Why is Ore a sleeper? The past 2 years, Virginia Tech's offensive line simply hasn't been that good. But, after a couple excellent recruiting classes, we have a solid OL for next year that includes Sergio Render(Freshman All-American) and a few other solid younger guys. What excites me the most about our O-line, though, is that they practice against one of the premier DL of the nation every day.

Last year Ore averaged 4.7 YPC, had 1137 rushing yards, and 16 rushing touchdowns. Here's what I expect next year.

5.2 YPC, 1550 rushing yards, 18 rushing touchdowns. It's going to be a good year for Branden Ore.

VT student, Buccaneer fanatic

malcolm jenkins will emerge as the number 1 corner in the nation

Comment

Shawn Crable all day baby....I think I still Troy Smith's helmet ringing

Comment

I've said it a few times already, I think David Ausberry is going to blow up this year. I think he'll have a better college career than Turner.

Comment

Marcus Freeman #1 OLB tOSU
          Robiskie and Hartline
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
            malcolm jenkins will emerge as the number 1 corner in the nation
            Agreed, alot of people are sleeping on Jenkins right now.

Comment

IMO, 'Dre is by far the most underrated player in college football, mostly against the SEC

6'5 240

Comment

Marcus Ball, Florida State

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Darius Heyward-Bey
                  Keon Lattimore
                  Lance Ball

Comment

So many VTech fans are high on Ore......like winning the Heisman high.......like you're smoking a blunt high.

Comment

#14 Anthony Morelli

Comment

Ben Tate, RB Auburn....yes another good rb from AU

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

How about some people that actually haven't totally been heard of yet?

Sam Shields- WR for the U is going to burst onto the national spotlight. His game is a lot like Manningham, and he was probably Miami's best receivers last year as a freshman.

Dominique Douglas- WR for Iowa. Another fast freshman stud who was one of the best receivers Iowa had as a freshman. Should be one of the best in the big 10 next year.

Demarco Murray- RB Oklahoma... once again, some talk about him, but he's never started. Should get the bulk of the carries for OU this year.

Jeff Cumberland- TE Illinois. Played very well as a frosh. Measurables are quite freakish. IMO he's the illini's best player along with Davis. He'll shine this year.

Kurt Coleman- Ohio State Safety. Reminds me a lot of Donte Whitner. Undersized, but is extremely instinctual, and is the definition of a playmaker. He outplayed all OSU's safeties in the spring including Jamario Oneal, and a few upperclassmen. Him along with Anderson Russel should be a formidable combo.
                          Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Drew Kelson- Both Scout and Rivals had Kelson rated the #1 Safety in the Nation back in 2004. Got moved to OLB because Chizik wanted speed at LB, but never really did a whole lot there.

He will move back to Safey this season and hopefully he can be the player that earned him that #1 position ranking.

Comment

Malcom Jenkins... So good he can get to the quarterback and catch the throw before it leaves his hand...

lol idk what the **** cupito is doing...

clearly he isnt a sleeper anymore because so many people acknowledge the fact he was probably a first round corner this year...

but he is a homer player of mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information