No announcement yet.

2008 Sleeper/Homer Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Although this one ups him:

Originally posted by DChess View Post
    malcolm jenkins will emerge as the number 1 corner in the nation
    Doubtful. Check out Aqib Talib sometime or Antoine Cason.

Some other players that will probably break out:
    Jonathan Hefney (S Tennessee)
    Terrance Taylor (DT Michigan)
    Brandon Graham (DE Michigan)
    Robert Rose (DE tOSU)
    Sergio Kindle(LB Texas) (I hope where the **** did he go)
    Brandon Flowers (DB Vatech)
    Last edited by snuff; 05-02-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
      As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Although this one ups him:

Some other players that will probably break out:
      Jonathan Hefney (S Tennessee)
      Terrance Taylor (DT Michigan)
      Brandon Graham (DE Michigan)
      Robert Rose (DE tOSU)
      Sergio Kindle(LB Texas) (I hope where the **** did he go)
      im actually extremely big on cason, but i would put paul oliver infront of talib, anyone who can shutdown cj, is good in my book.

also cj spiller, is amazing. biggest mistake of his life though, signing to clemson and not florida. wouldve started right away for them, now he has to split time

also, kindle will be starting this eyar, have no idea why he wasnt before but this year he is

Comment

TE Travis Beckum for the Wisconsin Badgers. He really emerged as the Badgers top receiving threat for John Stocco at the end of the year and he should continue to progress and be a star after converting from LB.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post

#14 Anthony Morelli
          I hope your right...If Justin can stay out of jail I'll go with him.

Maurice Evans as well
          Last edited by DeathbyStat; 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
            im actually extremely big on cason, but i would put paul oliver infront of talib, anyone who can shutdown cj, is good in my book.

also cj spiller, is amazing. biggest mistake of his life though, signing to clemson and not florida. wouldve started right away for them, now he has to split time

also, kindle will be starting this eyar, have no idea why he wasnt before but this year he is
            I say Spiller has a better shot at cracking 1,000 yards at Clemson ( traditional running team) then at Florida (a spread option). I think Clemson will better prepare him for the NFL also. If he wanted to win a NC and be close to his daughter, then year he should have chosen UF. But Clemson will do him fine because him splitting will still result in multiple 1,000 yard seasons.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Richard Murphy RB LSU

Comment

You meant Keiland Williams RB LSU right?

This guy?

The guy you mentioned didn't even touch the ball last season...
                Last edited by snuff; 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                  I've said it a few times already, I think David Ausberry is going to blow up this year. I think he'll have a better college career than Turner.

Yeah but most fans are not overly impressed with Turner. I will Kyle Moore at DE. He's a freak of a player.

Comment

underhyped guys that im extremely high on and think will develope into househould names or all american type players

lets start off with my team

Marcus Ball OLB Florida State

would have been a five star recruit if not for injuries and grade problems. He was having a dominant year (as a BACKUP) as a freshman before getting injured for the year. He has shown flashes to be special, and every bit as good as Lawrence Timmons

Everett Griffen DE Florida State

reminds me of a younger Kam Wimbley. Will start at DE this year and was very productive as a freshman. Quick burst off the line and has the size of most of FSU's past rush ends

Caz Piurowski LT Florida State

Was recruited as a bit time TE prospect. During recruiting season he told coaches he planed to move to OT. He started at TE as a true Freshman last season (along with Brandon Warrenn) and was very quick for a big tall TE and blocked very well. Now with the coaching a Trickett (one of the best OL coaches in the country) I think he will develope into an all Star OT. He is already 6'7 285 and now just has to get stronger and learn the posistion. By the end of 2008 he could be one of CFballs premiere up and coming Olineman. Is only a true Sophomore but is taking a page out of Tony Boseli, Robert Garrery, Eric Winston, Joe Thomas, and Joe Staleys playbook by starting off as a TE and moving to tackle.

Jamie Robinson CB Florida State

was a top notch recruit and has the ideal size and speed combination you look for. Antonio Cromartie called him "the next" in a long line of standout Seminole defensive backs. Is 6'2 and all he needs to do is continue to become a better cover corner.

now on to other players across the nation

Cornelluis Ingram TE Florida

almost transfered because of his lack of chances to play at QB but slowly he became s very solid TE this past year. By the end of the year he was on of Florida's main targets. I can only see him getting better and should be one of cfballs best pass receiving TE's. Outstanding size and speed.

Anthony Schriotto S Penn State

Big time hitter and playmaker that should help Penn State form one of the better secondaries in the big 10. He was one of the most impressive platers I saw in all of football by the end of the year and it woulld shock me if he doesnt have an All American type year. Was only a sophomore last season, so he can only improve. I think he will eventually be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick

Mike Jenkings CB South Florida

VERY underated and truly one of the best CB's in the country. Has fantastic size and good speed and reminds me alot of Derelle Revis from Pitt. Plays the run very well and just has to become more smooth in his backpedal.

Dexter MCCluster WR Ole Miss

does not have the size or straight ahead burning deep speed you like in a smallish receiver, but he is a playmaker. Was one of Ole Miss's few bright spots as a true freshman. He should eventually turn into a Steve Smith type receiver.

I'll do a few more later on

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I forgot this guy...

Brandon Spikes LB Florida.

Comment

No doubt those are great players, but what have they done as far as shutting down bigtime receivers? Not to mention they were Juniors as opposed to Sophomores like Jenkins.

Just to list guys Jenkins has made irrelevant...

1. Mario Manningham (was burning Antonio Smith early on, coaches switched to Jenkins 1/3 of the way into the game and Manningham did nothing afterward)
                        2. Limas Sweed..
                        3. Derrick Williams
                        4. James Hardy

It's not extremely impressive, but considering he's never really been burned badly in a game as a true sophomore speaks volumes to his ability. I can't say how good Cason or Talib are since I haven't watched them all that much, but if they're as good as Jenkins, they must be pretty damn special. Jenkins is the best OSU cornerback since Nate Clements and is going to have a long and good career in the NFL...
                        Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Mario gave Jenkins the drop step move and was completely gone.... But Henne over through it.

Not sure how good Jenkins would have to cover Limas Sweed as Mccoy sucked in his 2nd game ever...

Not sure how good he had to cover Derrick Williams since Derrick Williams didn't have a QB and didn't do anything last year.

Not sure how good he did against Florida as they put up 800.

I am not even sure who covered him the rest of the game Manningham the rest of the game.

I am not sure Cason covered all these people, but hey who knows.Dwayne Jarret(36 yards), Jason Hill(21 and injured I think), Dwayne Bowe(65 but a blowout), Desean Jackson(131 =/), Steve Smith(9), Derrick Hagen(47) and so on.

Not sure if you would consider any of them bigtime, but yea... More impressive than your hommie.

Also:
                          Ohio States line > Arizona and Kansas
                          Ohio States Safeties > Arizona and Kansas
                          Last edited by snuff; 05-02-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Kenny Britt WR Rutgers.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

my homer selections would be Andre Brown, Toney Baker, and Dajuan Morgan.

Impact freshman from around the ACC:
                              UNC - Marvin Austin(DT)
                              Duke - lol
                              NCSU - Markus Kuhn(DE/DT)
                              BC - Will Thompson(LB)
                              Clemson - Marcus Gilchrist(CB)
                              FSU - Bert Reed(CB)(i'm REALLY high on this guy, he's going to be special)
                              GT - Josh Nesbitt(QB)
                              Maryland - Lansford Watson(WR)
                              Miami - Kayne Farquharson(WR)
                              UVA - J'Courtney Williams(LB)
                              VaTech - Tyrod Taylor(QB)(MV pt2)
                              Wake Forest - Doug Weaver(OT)

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                              Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                                my homer selections would be Andre Brown, Toney Baker, and Dajuan Morgan.

Impact freshman from around the ACC:
                                UNC - Marvin Austin(DT)
                                Duke - lol
                                NCSU - Markus Kuhn(DE/DT)
                                BC - Will Thompson(LB)
                                Clemson - Marcus Gilchrist(CB)
                                FSU - Bert Reed(CB)(i'm REALLY high on this guy, he's going to be special)
                                GT - Josh Nesbitt(QB)
                                Maryland - Lansford Watson(WR)
                                Miami - Kayne Farquharson(WR)
                                UVA - J'Courtney Williams(LB)
                                VaTech - Tyrod Taylor(QB)(MV pt2)
                                Wake Forest - Doug Weaver(OT)
                                well if he does, it will have to be at WR, since it has been confirmed by coaches and himself that he will be a receiver. I think our top impact Freshman will be Brandon Paul

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information