USC Players and there pro potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
    what round do you think brian cushing will go in?
    Most likely round 1 cuz hes a PERFECT fit for a OLB in a 3-4 defense. hes an absolute animal.

Comment

Cushing is Merriman 2.0.

Comment

I'm not really calling him overrated, just a bit overhyped. I just don't have him pegged as a superstar. He can be a quality back, but I think comparing him to Reggie Bush is a bit much.

Comment

I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.

Comment

I dont know, I think Rey will still go first round. I think he is one of the most talented linebackers to come out in a long time.

Im not sure about Mcknight being overhyped or not because he was wicked in high school but i have to see what he can do against college teams before i really form an opinion.

USC is going to be a great team this year but i am concerned about where the team might be after this year. There will still be a solid offense with Sanchez, Turner, Hazelton and all the running backs but we will definately have a lot of holes to be filled on defense

Comment

plus, the team is going to have to play ohio state...

Comment

yeah, that will be a fun match up though. it actually might be a pretty even match up after we lose some of the guys on defense. not sure where ohio states defense will be in a year though. USC will still have a solid offense though. Secondary should be pretty experienced too, its the rest of the defense that will need new players to step up

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.

Are you being sarcastic or????

Comment

basically the entire 2-deep has first day potential
                    I'm a state.

Comment

Is the question about draft potential or NFL potential, as in success in the NFL?

If it is the former there is no question everyone listed is either a first or second rounder.

The latter however is a different story. I do not see very many of those guys being successful in the NFL.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.
                      Maybe a first day starter, definitely will be successful

John David Booty, QB, Sr.
                      I Can not see him being better than an average QB who does what is asked of him, definitely not a franchise QB, maybe not even a first string QB.

Brian Cushing, LB, Jr.
                      Get some time and will finally make the starting line up down the road, I dont know about instant success like Merriman.

Sedrick Ellis, DT, Sr.
                      Good player, somewhat successful do what is asked of him

C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.
                      Potential is very high, could be a Willie Parker, a RB who is made first string a few seasons after rookie season

Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.
                      I dont know, in the mold of Williams, and Jarret could be a good player but nothing extraordinary

Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.
                      Very good, has the intangibles dont know about understanding though, a good coach and he could be pro bowl

Taylor Mays, S, Soph.
                      In the mold of Sean Taylor, could be pro bowler shortly after comming out

Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.
                      lost in the RB shuffle

Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.
                      good player, dont know about NFL success however.

Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.
                      Better of the two QB's, but with the NFL's new character flags that begs the question. He could be an NFL starter.

Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.
                      start immediately, big play ability, sure hands, and good routes.

Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.
                      good RB, special teamer, not a frachise RB though.

Comment

call me a homer but i think most of the guys on that list will succeed in the nfl with the exception of a few who may be just "ok"...most have starting potential in the nfl

Comment

504 to ATL, your analysis is horrible.

Comment

allen bradford hit, watch closely...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MlDrF8t3vM
                            Allen Bradford is a beast. Kinda short though...

Comment

504 to ATL, your analysis is horrible.

well if we are going by draft potential I would have to side with every other person on this thread and say most of them are surefire locks for the first round.

If we are talking about NFL success I am just speaking my opinion, I dont think many of them other than the ones I discussed will pan out a "successful" career in the NFL. Granted it is far too early to tell for many of the players since they are just beginning their respective college careers.

Comment

someone said patrick turner is a DJ clone? be serious

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information