No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey, why no Godfrey? And where do you see him ending up at?

***Prays for Michigan***

Comment

• I hope we give Whipple one recruiting assignment: Find a QB. Search the nation for a QB that you like, make him your #1 target and bring him to Gables.

Also, I don't think Baty sniffs an offer, it's not even a sure thing that he starts for STA at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Joey, why no Godfrey? And where do you see him ending up at?

***Prays for Michigan***
        No Godfrey because he isn't a primary option at QB for us. We are recruiting him as a ATH. We will allow him to take a crack at QB but will likely look to move him to CB very quickly. He knows that and he wants to stick as a QB in college, although this isn't a Denard Robinson, he is open to other spots if there aren't many QB offers.

Top that off with him wanting to play with his teammates. Brandon Gainer almost committed to the Noles last weekend and Joshua Reese is very lightly recruited by us.

On the plus side Earl Little is the DC at Central and is heavily involved in the process for these kids. He is pushing them to Miami big time.

If we miss on a couple WRs and a RB, there's a real good chance we put the full court press on for Godfrey's teammates to fill those spots and Godfrey will no doubt come with them.

In a nutshell, Godfrey and his teammates were left off because we seem to be looking elsewhere ATM, but if we decide to make a push, we should be able to land them fairly easily.

But to answer your question, Michigan is a legit option for Godfrey, but I can't see him ending up there. His desire to play with his teammates outweighs his desire to play QB and his teammates aren likely staying in state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          I hope we give Whipple one recruiting assignment: Find a QB. Search the nation for a QB that you like, make him your #1 target and bring him to Gables.

Also, I don't think Baty sniffs an offer, it's not even a sure thing that he starts for STA at this point...
          If he doesn't start, he doesn't get an offer. But for some reason the staff really likes him. So for now, he's there as the top QB target.

I'm hoping we can do better then that tho.

I really, really like Strauss but we aren't showing much interest. He's very underrated tho and he has alot of tools for Whipple to work with.

But I'm starting to get the feeling that we will still end up with Godfrey at the end of the day. Too fluid of a situation with him tho to make me comfortable picking him right now. Baty seems like the main target ATM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            although this isn't a Denard Robinson, he is open to other spots if there aren't many QB offers.
            Thanks. You're not a big of fan of Denard Robinson as a QB. Why is that?

Comment

If he doesn't start, he doesn't get an offer. But for some reason the staff really likes him. So for now, he's there as the top QB target.

I'm hoping we can do better then that tho.

I really, really like Strauss but we aren't showing much interest. He's very underrated tho and he has alot of tools for Whipple to work with.

But I'm starting to get the feeling that we will still end up with Godfrey at the end of the day. Too fluid of a situation with him tho to make me comfortable picking him right now. Baty seems like the main target ATM.
              I wouldn't mind Godfrey because 1. He can help at a different position 2. I am higher on Taylor Cook than most, think he can be a very productive D1 QB and 3. The #1 recruit in the country next year is a QB at our pipeline school. Let's just hope the reports about MLB being interested in him aren't true...

Comment

Thanks. You're not a big of fan of Denard Robinson as a QB. Why is that?
                It's not that I'm not a fan. I think he could do ok in the right system.

I was just saying, he was dead set on going to a school as a QB last year. At all costs. Not the case with Godfrey, Godfrey would like a shot at QB but it isn't a deal breaker to change positions for the right school.

I think Robinson will do ok for you guys. Although I think he'll make a better CB. He just doesn't have a great arm and isn't really a great pure QB. He's an athlete and can get by with his arm. I think he'll need a few years of work before he'll ever be ready to play as a QB but I think he could be a decent QB for as a RS JR and SR for you guys.

His upside is at CB tho.

Comment

It's not that I'm not a fan. I think he could do ok in the right system.

I was just saying, he was dead set on going to a school as a QB last year. At all costs. Not the case with Godfrey, Godfrey would like a shot at QB but it isn't a deal breaker to change positions for the right school.

I think Robinson will do ok for you guys. Although I think he'll make a better CB. He just doesn't have a great arm and isn't really a great pure QB. He's an athlete and can get by with his arm. I think he'll need a few years of work before he'll ever be ready to play as a QB but I think he could be a decent QB for as a RS JR and SR for you guys.

His upside is at CB tho.
                  I really doubt he's going to redshirt, if only because he's blazing fast and can be used immediately and because of the fact that Nick Sheridan would remain the backup QB if Forcier gets hurt.

Maybe if it doesn't work out for him at QB, he can move to CB.

Comment

I really doubt he's going to redshirt, if only because he's blazing fast and can be used immediately and because of the fact that Nick Sheridan would remain the backup QB if Forcier gets hurt.

Maybe if it doesn't work out for him at QB, he can move to CB.
                    Your better off with Sheridan then throwing Robinson to the wolves. His passing is nowhere near ready and teams will just stack the box against you. At least Sheridan gives you a passing threat (somewhat).

Robinson would just be another HB his freshman year.

What happened to Feagan?

Comment

• I am kind of dissappointed were not going to take Gore. I want kids that want to be a Hurricane, he wants to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                        I am kind of dissappointed were not going to take Gore. I want kids that want to be a Hurricane, he wants to be.
                        You can change him out with Bernard if you want. It's really a flip of the coin as to which one we end up with.

But the staff really wants bigger RBs so it might be awhile before he ends up here.

Comment

• Any chance we will take 3 runningbacks? With Bryce not coming this year we have a scholarship open?

Comment

Your better off with Sheridan then throwing Robinson to the wolves. His passing is nowhere near ready and teams will just stack the box against you. At least Sheridan gives you a passing threat (somewhat).

Robinson would just be another HB his freshman year.

What happened to Feagan?
                            Well, with Sheridan breaking his leg, Feagin is taking some snaps at both QB and slot receiver. He's supposed to be a slot from now on but Sheridan got hurt and Cone's having problems throwing the ball (shoulder, I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                              Any chance we will take 3 runningbacks? With Bryce not coming this year we have a scholarship open?
                              There's a chance but I'm doubting it right now.

The scholly for Bryce will likely go to another position.

Remember, we were only gonna take 2 RBs last year. We just couldnt turn down a chance to get James, Bryce and Miller.

Comment

New mock class:

QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
                                RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                                RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                                WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
                                WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
                                WR- Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                                TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
                                TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                                OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
                                OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                                OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
                                OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)
                                OL- Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Monsignor Pace

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
                                DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
                                DE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                                LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
                                LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
                                LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County
                                CB- Terrence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon
                                CB- Steven Clark, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson
                                CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250)
                                S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
                                K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

1 5* and 14 4* players all in the top 250. Out of hand. Plus Nix and Ogletree have a chance to jump up to 5* players and some of the Unranked guys will get 4* rankings. What a class this is shaping up to be. Would have to be in the top 5 and in the running for number 1.

Here are the rest of the options ATM...

QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver
                                QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
                                RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
                                RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals250)
                                TE-Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg
                                OL- Colton Odom, Rockledge (FL) Rockledge
                                OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington
                                OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto
                                DE- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St Johnís Catholic Prep (4* Rivals100)
                                LB- Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                                CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100)
                                CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (4* Rivals250)
                                CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills
                                CB- Penial Jean, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
                                CB- Khalid Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                                CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                                S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
                                S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
                                K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington

FWIW...I want Strauss as our QB in this class.
                                Kind dissapointed on LB (If Ogletree does stay at safety) and still CB. And to the D line I wud hope to add Calvin Smith. I didnt really like Chase and I think Isaac Dixon looks more impressive. Whats our chances with Dorsey?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information