No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harland has been playing RG for two years working and prepping...he'll be fine, I think he gets good reps this year at RG.

Last I checked in, he tried center back in the day, but had trouble with snapping.

Fox / Jones or Johnson
    Franklin / B-Wash
    Trump or Horn
    Figs or Gunn
    Pipho or misc. player

Kinda worried about the right side, hoping Gunn steps up. I'm not a big Pipho fan, but he is kind of the default guy right now. Would hope one of those young bucks step up their game with the quickness over the summer.

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    Current Mock Class:

RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely
    RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
    WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
    WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
    TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
    TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
    TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
    OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
    OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western
    OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
    OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
    DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
    LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
    LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
    LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
    CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
    CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines
    CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
    S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
    K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Plus one of:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
    QB- Jake Heaps, Sammamish (WA) Skyline (4* Rivals250)
    QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250)
    QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
    QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver

That gives us 24 in this class. Just slightly over the 22 Hurtt said we are looking at. I say in the end they don't pass on taking a 3rd DL like Lemonier and I say they decide on taking a 2nd RB.

If for some reason we sign any more then that, I'd look for them to be at WR and LB. So Reese, Dunbar, Williams, and Taylor would be the most likely candidates at those spots.
    JJ and myself have been riding the Darion Hall bandwagon. JJ pointed him out to me and I loved what I see. Don't forget about Tevin Drake. Kids film is nice and he is a guy that can pound, I think we need those types. Hall is a one-cut and go type. Big right now too, room to grow into that 6'1" 230 type. Clements is the APB as is Jak.

Sticks is my favorite WR in the class right now. Love what he does. Reminds me of Todd Pinkston in college. Grades though...gotta watch out for those. Harris is going to surprise some people this year...gotta remember he is still developing.

I think we have a chance with Demar Dorsey if we get on him and not think hope is lost. Lots of guys that know whats up with the gates seem to think he can be persuaded.

We'll see, still a long way to go.
    Last edited by Larry121283; 04-24-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• J Have u heard anything else on Dorsey that you got him in your mock, cus what I seen he doesnt sound that high on Miami. I seen how hes looking around cus hes worried about FLA's depth but for some reason didnt sound high on Mia, where at CB he would have the most opportunity. I really hope we can land him, hes one of my favorite recruits.

Comment

• I like Bernard over Clements. IDK what the rage is about Clements...he looks like an average scat back to me. The only part of his game that's really impressive is his receiving ability.

Fox/Washington/Trump/Figueroa/Franklin
        Pipho and Gunn for depth

4.23 for McGee is insane. I thought he was quicker than fast. That's like icing on the cake in terms of the tools he has to work with.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Allen Bailey 4.65 (40)
          Allen Bailey 39 (vert)
          Allen Bailey 405 (bench)
          Allen Bailey 565 (squat)
          Allen Bailey 375 (power clean)

Holy ****.
          Allen Bailey is a god.

Comment

• The vertical is the number that makes me SMH. He's 290 lbs! I wanna see it on video.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just seen that Terrence Mitchell is waiting for an offer on us? He said we haven't offered, but we were his favorite school growing up.

5'11" 160, Scout has him number 5 overall in CB's. Way to early to stay there because there projections aren't complete yet.

http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=2&c=859151

Comment

• tolnaballa: Mitchell is pretty much done to FSU at this point. Pretty sure he was really close to committing like 2 weeks ago.

fressh: Demar Dorsey is looking at us, FSU and Tennessee. Could end up at any of the 3. I know the staff likes him alot. Just a matter of getting in there and trying to close it. We have a real good relationship with Boyd Anderson HS.

etk: Clements is the number 1 rated back on our coaches board. And he's got alot more upside then Bernard.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

etk: Clements is the number 1 rated back on our coaches board. And he's got alot more upside then Bernard.
                  I know that....I've been keeping up with the updates. I just don't see him having the same impact as Bernard. Bernard is compact, cat-quick and has great vision. He's a very versatile back that can replace Cooper.

I have Clements below Bernard and our 2009 signees. There are a lot of things that bother me about him:

- height and weight....he's short and skinny
                  - runs tall and upright
                  - bends at the hips sometimes....reminds me of Jaamal Berry here
                  - good feet but doesn't make natural cuts and gets tangled/slows down to cut
                  - slows on contact

He's a very natural receiver and has good speed and explosion, but he's small for a RB and plays like a converted slot. I don't see him as much more than a potential KR/slot/3rd down back. TBH....FSU can have him. He fits in the mold of guys like Booker, Washington and Smith that did next to nothing for them.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    tolnaballa: Mitchell is pretty much done to FSU at this point. Pretty sure he was really close to committing like 2 weeks ago.

fressh: Demar Dorsey is looking at us, FSU and Tennessee. Could end up at any of the 3. I know the staff likes him alot. Just a matter of getting in there and trying to close it. We have a real good relationship with Boyd Anderson HS.
                    Yea i Know i live like 5 minutes from their maybe il try to spot him and convince him to go to Mia lol. Hes definitely 1 of my favorite prospects. I got a few more questions tho.
                    Dior Mathis
                    Delvin Jones(Why the hell arent we recruiting him?)
                    Shariff Floyd (Just offered)
                    Perry Miklejohn

And are you that high on Robinson? The only ST. Thomas kids I really like are Joyner and Linder for the college level.

Comment

• BAHHH you're crazy. Robinson is sick. Explosive in short-areas. Secure tackler that can lay the wood. Great range in run support. Decent zone coverage ability. He'll be a stud at SS.

I don't see what's not to like about Riggs or Bernard either.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Man I agree with etk on this one again, I think we just have the same taste in RBs. First our Mike James love now this...but yea I'm not that high on Clements, he looks like a Mid Level BCS WR playing RB; I just don't see it with him and think he will be a huge bust at the next level.

I do think he ends up at UM though fwiw.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                          Yea i Know i live like 5 minutes from their maybe il try to spot him and convince him to go to Mia lol. Hes definitely 1 of my favorite prospects. I got a few more questions tho.
                          Dior Mathis
                          Delvin Jones(Why the hell arent we recruiting him?)
                          Shariff Floyd (Just offered)
                          Perry Miklejohn

And are you that high on Robinson? The only ST. Thomas kids I really like are Joyner and Linder for the college level.
                          Mathis is gonna be a tough pull and he's somewhat back burner. Coaches want bigger CBs.

Delvin Jones has no chance of ever getting offered. Zero grades. Hugh ego.

Floyd is fairly new so I have to check what I can find but I doubt it give we alreayd have Glenn, Nix and Chandler.

Miklejohn is a backup. Linder and Wilson are the 2 final targets at OL and they both appear likely to end up here.

Comment

• I'll pretty much echo what Joey said.

Dior isnt a typical 'Cane corner, although I think his ball hawking could be nice as a nickel in our system. He is from Michigan's Miami Northwestern, so...take it FWIW. I think, while he likes the 'Canes a lot, he'll ultimately sign with the rest of his buddies in Michigan.

Delvin Jones probably won't get an offer. Even if he did, not sure if he'll come here. Grades are meh. I think he is a potential player though. Got a great body already (/nohomo).

Don't have much on Floyd.

Doubt PM gets an offer...we look real good on the OL right now with our potential class. McDermott, Feliciano, Glenn is a swing DT/OT, and Linder and Wilson fill out a fantastic local class. 3 guards, 1 C/LT and one RT/DT. Worst case is we didn't come away with any tackles, but we could possibly have two. You never know who else finds themselves in the fold, especially if you want to count Glenn as a DT.

One thing will be said for this class, we'll have quite a few versatile players that might be able to have looks at several positions.

An add on, that STA class has some real special players on it. Joyner is just an icing on the cake player, but you have to remember, Joyner hasn't played corner yet. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in that situation at STA. Cody Riggs is probably a better CORNER RIGHT NOW than Joyner, just because LJ has played linebacker (at Southwest they kept him close to the line) and Riggs is high end D1 talent. Gio Bernard is, too. His backup, James White has some real nice offers at BCS schools like Clemson and BC. Might make noise at that level. Brian Robinson is a REAL nice player. Real underrated considering the major studs at DB in the state this year. Considering Miami has focused on a lot of tweener strong side safeties lately, Robinson is a classic strong side type. Their QB, Turner Baty might be UM quality by the end of his senior year...we'll have our peepers on him all season. Vinny Mauro, their LB has mid D1 talent, but will probably go into the armed service (Navy, IIRC). Mikey Palardy is a top flight kicker and STA always puts out stud kickers. We are still kicking ourselves for missing out on Blair Walsh.
                            Last edited by Larry121283; 04-24-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Clint Hurtt is the man. The last 2 answers in that Canesport III article....priceless.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                                Clint Hurtt is the man. The last 2 answers in that Canesport III article....priceless.
                                Haha that was great.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information