Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    Feeling pretty good about our odds if we are battling Temple

But on a more serious note, whats the deal with Brennan. He just recently got offered and expressed some serious interest right back but that's all I've heard so far.

He's a fairly new name for us.
    I think it maybe because Miami is the only big name program offering him...out side of the NE area.

Comment

• What are the chances that Lache Seastrunk ends up with the U

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        What are the chances that Lache Seastrunk ends up with the U
        Not very good right now.

Comment

What are the chances that Lache Seastrunk ends up with the U
          Our involvement with Seastrunk can't even be considered a recruitment. He's just one of those kids you offer and send mail to because he's a top talent. But we aren't actively trying to land him.

Comment

Our involvement with Seastrunk can't even be considered a recruitment. He's just one of those kids you offer and send mail to because he's a top talent. But we aren't actively trying to land him.
            Thats what I could never understand. Im not talking about Seastrunk, but il use that as an example. If u read the rivals article with Keion Payne, why would we go after him that hard, meanwhile we back off guys like Demar Dorsey? Just like Dallas Lloyd. As interested as he sounded in us, it seems if we would have recruited him hard, at the very least he would have waited till he came on a visit before committing.
            Last edited by fresssh; 06-03-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
              Thats what I could never understand. Im not talking about Seastrunk, but il use that as an example. If u read the rivals article with Keion Payne, why would we go after him that hard, meanwhile we back off guys like Demar Dorsey? Just like Dallas Lloyd. As interested as he sounded in us, it seems if we would have recruited him hard, at the very least he would have waited till he came on a visit before committing.
              Keion Payne is a much much better football player then Demar Dorsey. Dorsey is all potential and measurables. Payne is a football player. Every person that follows Broward football can tell you that. Not to mention, our staff prioritizes very well. Why would you go after a kid like Dorsey, who has already committed to UF and is planning on decommitting because he is scared of competition, and the next schools on his list are places like Tennessee and Bama who are all SEC schools? Get where I'm going with there right? He doesn't have the grades for the ACC.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Dallas Lloyd. We recruited him harder then any other QB so far this year, we didn't miss on him for lack of effort.

Lastly, you really wanna waste time on Seastrunk? There was never any chance he came here. Why would you waste resources on him instead of targetting the guys you want and know you have a legit shot at?

Comment

• I was not talking about Seastunk cus I never heard him list us in a top 10 or anything like that. I was just using an example. I know everyone thinks Gholston is a lock for Michigan State but hes listed us in his top 5 from the start and just did again a couple days ago. I just hope were going after the elite guys like Luc and Gholston as hard as everyone else. Guys that show us hard interest.

Comment

Going against the grain with that prediction huh?

(Note the sarcasm)
                  Hey, some people think they'll continue to be cellar dwellars. Look at UCLA, great talent, ****** team.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                    I was not talking about Seastunk cus I never heard him list us in a top 10 or anything like that. I was just using an example. I know everyone thinks Gholston is a lock for Michigan State but hes listed us in his top 5 from the start and just did again a couple days ago. I just hope were going after the elite guys like Luc and Gholston as hard as everyone else. Guys that show us hard interest.
                    What makes you think we haven't been recruiting Luc and Gholston hard?

We've been on them pretty much since day one and I haven't heard anything of us backing off of them.

BTW... your looking to much into Gholston naming us. He has yet to trim his list. He has like a top 12 still. Find me a school he doesn't keep naming repeatedly. LSU, Bama, MSU, UM, OSU, USC, UF, UNC and us are all named constantly in his interviews. He has visited a majority of those places, he cancelled his visit here. Says alot.

Luc is a guy we've been on from the get go. It's a matter of talking to his parents and letting them know all the details about the school. That can't happen til later in the process.

Comment

• Joe Brennan is my #1 choice for QB this year anyways. I'd put his film up with any QB recruit in the country right now, dude has a rocket for an arm, is accurate and even has some nice moves when on the run. This is the kind of guy who goes to the elite 11 camp or something similar and moves up to a top 5 prep QB in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        Joe Brennan is my #1 choice for QB this year anyways. I'd put his film up with any QB recruit in the country right now, dude has a rocket for an arm, is accurate and even has some nice moves when on the run. This is the kind of guy who goes to the elite 11 camp or something similar and moves up to a top 5 prep QB in the country.
                        Nooooooo.......

Comment

• Here is the film on Brennan btw

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...lights-1-49472

Comment

Nooooooo.......
                            With you on that one.

He's got some redeeming qualities but damn his release is funny, he had to wind up on every damn deep pass. One of the slowest releases I have seen on a deep ball. His feet look stone legged in the pocket. Didn't see him step up into many throws. And he's rail thin.

On the plus side, he's tall, seems pretty accurate, and seems to have some arm strength and touch. He's got some upside but damn you'd think he just learned how to play QB yesterday. Literally some of the worst looking mechanics Ive seen.

Can judge his ability to read a defense either his his entire tape was either a busted play or a wide open WR.

This is exactly the type of guy you expect teams to target when they miss on their top QBs. Shows you the situation we are in for that spot right now. I like Brandon Hill much, much better as a prospect. Brennan looks to me to be rated perfectly. A mid 3*.

I really hope they decide to offer Brandon Hill.

Comment

With you on that one.

He's got some redeeming qualities but damn his release is funny, he had to wind up on every damn deep pass. One of the slowest releases I have seen on a deep ball. His feet look stone legged in the pocket. Didn't see him step up into many throws. And he's rail thin.

On the plus side, he's tall, seems pretty accurate, and seems to have some arm strength and touch. He's got some upside but damn you'd think he just learned how to play QB yesterday. Literally some of the worst looking mechanics Ive seen.

Can judge his ability to read a defense either his his entire tape was either a busted play or a wide open WR.

This is exactly the type of guy you expect teams to target when they miss on their top QBs. Shows you the situation we are in for that spot right now. I like Brandon Hill much, much better as a prospect. Brennan looks to me to be rated perfectly. A mid 3*.

I really hope they decide to offer Brandon Hill.
                              Give me the guy throwing tight spirals 30-40 yards away with accuracy in an ugly way over the guy throwing floaters with decent mechanics every time. Brennan is a player, his film actually reminds me of Rex Grossman, except Brennan has a couple inches on him.

Comment

• Yea I like Hill more than Brennan too. Hill is pretty prototype. Joey's assessment of Brennan is pretty spot on, some positives, but he is a while away.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information