2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
    Jamal Reid and coach Mcgriff said that Reid will start at safety. Kind of disapointed cus I thought we was a CB that cud have come in and contribute. Im guessing Prince Kent is A Safety too, so were pretty dam thin at CB, with a load of safeties.
    Kent is starting at CB.

Comment

• So Kent's starting at corner and Reid's starting at safety? That sounds backwards to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiDLer80 View Post
        So Kent's starting at corner and Reid's starting at safety? That sounds backwards to me.
        You and me both. Although, I haven't seen anything to the Reid news. Is there a link? I know the staff recruited him as a CB.

Comment

• http://insidetheu.com/news/viewnews.php?v=4a31d92274c86
          Last edited by draftguru151; 06-13-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• You can't post quotes from premium sites.

Comment

• Yea, just post the link next time, you can't copy the article.

I'm assuming then you subscrbe to ITU?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                Yea, just post the link next time, you can't copy the article.

I'm assuming then you subscrbe to ITU?
                Yea I did but I just switched to rivals. Where did u see Alec Olgletres' film, cus the 1 I seen on rivals wasnt impreesive at all.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyZ8iXveAk

Thats the main tape Ive seen on him. Has outstanding closing speed, squares himself to contact, has plenty of speed to burn and is extremely instinctive out there. I like him significantly more as a LB then as a S because I think he'd be much better covering TEs and RBs then WRs but he has all the tools. Good burst, fluid hips, good reads and a great frame.

His rivals video is much less impressive tho. Not sure why. Maybe just an off night on that tape?

BTW...good call moving away from ITU. Worst site out there. Constantly wrong on everything and the writers have zero connections whatsoever. Rivals just reported 2 days ago that Reid is playing CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyZ8iXveAk

Thats the main tape Ive seen on him. Has outstanding closing speed, squares himself to contact, has plenty of speed to burn and is extremely instinctive out there. I like him significantly more as a LB then as a S because I think he'd be much better covering TEs and RBs then WRs but he has all the tools. Good burst, fluid hips, good reads and a great frame.

His rivals video is much less impressive tho. Not sure why. Maybe just an off night on that tape?

BTW...good call moving away from ITU. Worst site out there. Constantly wrong on everything and the writers have zero connections whatsoever. Rivals just reported 2 days ago that Reid is playing CB.
                    Yea thats the 1 I always seen, I just was hoping rivals would have more tape. Im with u, I love him at LB, but wouldnt mind him at safety either.

Demtre Bakers film is up. Excellent speed, and shown nice flashes, but plays too high. Looks like he has nice potential to me tho. Hard hitter.

Comment

• Ogletree projects very well to OLB in college. You guys overanalyze these tweeners way too much imo. Ogletree and Matt Elam are top prospects.

I wouldn't mind having a player in the mold of DeAndre McDaniel w/o the legal issues.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yesterday the film I couldnt stop watching was Tony Jefferson, and today he is on Miami's front page. I know we dont have a chance, but dude is hands down my favorite recruit this year. The only thing that I thought looked good for us is academices, since he committed to standford and now has ND and Penn St. in his final.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Ogletree projects very well to OLB in college. You guys overanalyze these tweeners way too much imo. Ogletree and Matt Elam are top prospects.

I wouldn't mind having a player in the mold of DeAndre McDaniel w/o the legal issues.
                          I love Ogletree. No over analyzing that. I just think he's a better LB then S prospect. Much like I did with Cookie 2 years ago.

But Elam I think is overhyped. He's gonna have the same issues Telfort had last year, but at least he produces.

I don't see the any issues with Ogletree. He's another Ray Ray Armstrong.

Comment

• We sure didnt get a lot of top talent that showed up at the camp from what I heard. I was glad tho to hear that Michael Tayor showed up.

Comment

• I'm just hoping we have a good year. Schedule is not that easy, especially in the beginning

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                                We sure didnt get a lot of top talent that showed up at the camp from what I heard. I was glad tho to hear that Michael Tayor showed up.
                                We had tons of talent there.

3* CB Keion Payne, NR CB Cliff Coleman, 3* LB Tyrone Cornelius, 5* CB LaMarcus Joyner, 4* RB Eduardo Clements, 3* QB Michael Strauss, 3* QB Brandon Hill, 3* QB Joseph Brennan, 3* CB Darius Robinson,3* LB Michael Taylor, 3* RB Tevin Drake, 4* CB Merril Noel (who got offered and now lists us in his top 5), 4* LB Javarie Johnson, 3* CB Tony Grimes, 4* WR De'Joshua Johnson, 3* LB Darius Davis amongst a ton of others.

Not to mention, there would have been more if the Jacksonville crew could make it down.

And remember, we haven't heard alot of news because the media isn't allowed at these things if they are affiliated with the school. Plus we rarely hear much from DL and OL at these camps.

It was a good day for us. Tons of talent and tons of good prospects that we either got closer to closing with or got our foot firmly in the door.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information