Clear All

• Glenn Cook better ball so my #3 jersey will be useful. :D

(It was on sale, don't judge me).

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
      The spring roster is out. Some interesting weights. As mentioned Bailey is at 287. Arthur Brown is at 230 (and wearing #11). Glenn Cook is up to 235. Jason Fox is at 306. Forston is 309.
      Fox at 306? WOW. He could keep the trend alive if he plays well under that weight.

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
      Thrilled to have King Arthur as number 11 tho. It'll give my old Dorsey Jersey some significance again.
      Buddy, you don't even know how thrilled I am...haha! Arthur's my favorite player and I was gonna switch to whatever number he wore but now I don't have to cause I wore 11 last year. It's like fate....or he's spying on me, lol.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• does anyone know which freshmen will be redshirting? And how is the depth chart looking, particularly at D-line and linebacker?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
          does anyone know which freshmen will be redshirting? And how is the depth chart looking, particularly at D-line and linebacker?
          I have an idea who might be redshirting, but there's no way to tell who's redshirting for sure. Taylor Cook is the only one you can be sure of because he's raw and we're not keeping 4 QBs actively.

Here's the depth chart as it stands right now in spring:

DE: Eric Moncur, Adewale Ojomo
          DE: Steven Wesley, Allen Bailey
          DT: Antonio Dixon, Joe Joseph
          DT: Josh Holmes, Marcus Forston

SLB: Sean Spence, Arthur Brown
          MLB: Glenn Cook, Spencer Adkins
          WLB: Darryl Sharpton, Kylan Robinson

Obviously these lists are very tentative. McCarthy and Hendricks are both injured and will probably start when healthy. Our DLine will have a healthy rotation but Bailey should beat out Wesley. Spence has beaten out King Arthur in the mental aspects of LB but come fall it'll be tough not to start Brown. After the injuries to our box last year it's nice to see some depth.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I wouldn't be shocked to see Wesley beat out Bailey. Wesley got a lot of praise last spring and summer and is a lot more developed at DE than Bailey. Also while Spence and Brown will both get a lot of PT I'm sure McCarthy will get the first nod at OLB.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked to see Wesley beat out Bailey. Wesley got a lot of praise last spring and summer and is a lot more developed at DE than Bailey. Also while Spence and Brown will both get a lot of PT I'm sure McCarthy will get the first nod at OLB.

I'd be mildly surprised if Bailey isn't starting come next season. He is just such a talent. You have to have him on the field as much as possible.

Based on what I've read from spring practices this is were I think we stand as of now not counting the freshman that are coming in June.

DE-Moncur, Ojomo
              DT-Holmes, Hendricks
              NT- Dixon, Joseph
              DE-Bailey, Wesley
              OLB-McCarthy, Brown
              MLB-Cook, Sharpton
              OLB-Spence, Adkins
              CB-DVD, Johnson
              CB-Grant, Armour
              S-Berry, Nicolas
              S-Phillips, Reddick

QB-Marve, Harris
              RB-Cooper, JJ, Thomas, Chambers
              FB-Hill
              TE-Epps, Gordon
              WR-Shields, AJ, Hill, McKenzie
              LT-Fox,
              LG-Franklin
              C-Shannon
              RG-Figeroa
              RT-Youngblood

There a host of other OL that are fighting but the starters look set at this point. Gunn, Horn, Pipho, Trump, Symonette are all likely to get backup slots.

Any way, it's nice to look up and down this list and see talent and potential playmakers. Didn't get that feeling at all looking at last years roster and that isn't even including the guys coming in June.

Heard Aldarius is looking out of this world, he is making plays, breaking tackles, and looks like the best player on the field during practices. Also heard that Spence looks like a man amongst boys out there.

Hearing good things about King Arthur too. Although I'm hearing they love his talent but they wanna give him a little more time to grow and understand the defense.

I'm hearing tho that Forston is struggling out there (notice he wasn't on my Depth Chart). He isn't the strongest player out there anymore like he was in the AAA game and he needs work on his technique to help him over come that. The speed and all world talent is there but they are gonna need to give him time to bulk up and learns the ins and outs of playing the position the right way.

Comment

• Interesting to see you plug Shannon in at C. I know he has the experience but I thought Pipho has the inside track right now. The shortest guy on that line would be what...6'6?

Figueroa is gonna be a beast this year. If he improves his mental game he could rise up boards as a 1st rounder like Branden Albert/Phil Loadholt.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't see Spence starting over Sharpton. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if McCarthy, Cook and Sharpton weren't the starters next year, at least the beginning of the year. If one of them didn't start, I'd think it'd be McCarthy, not Sharpton.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

I don't see Spence starting over Sharpton. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if McCarthy, Cook and Sharpton weren't the starters next year, at least the beginning of the year. If one of them didn't start, I'd think it'd be McCarthy, not Sharpton.
                    WOW! That's crazy talk right there. Colin is our best linebacker IMO. I GUARANTEE he starts next year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• He definitely did not out play Sharpton last season when Sharpton was healthy. He made a lot of plays but he needs to play a lot more disciplined and not get caught out of position as much. He has the most potential but he's definitely not there yet. I'd take Cook over both though.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

I don't see Spence starting over Sharpton. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if McCarthy, Cook and Sharpton weren't the starters next year, at least the beginning of the year. If one of them didn't start, I'd think it'd be McCarthy, not Sharpton.
                        I think our backers will start out as McCarthy, Cook, Sharpton. As the season progresses I think we will work in Brown and he will beat out Sharpton.

Remember how Tavares Gooden was always about average at OLB but injuries forced him to play MLB where he got a huge increase in production? I see the same thing with Sharpton...if he's not playing the middle he's got a tough chance of starting. Also keep in mind that Brown and Adkins are probably our most explosive backers (I exclude Spence because he's not even 205 yet) and could be outstanding blitzers on 3rd downs.

What's important is that even if we are hit worse by injuries on defense than last year we will still have a solid box to work with.
                        Last edited by etk; 03-05-2008, 08:47 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Right now (I know it's early). They have Spence locked in at one spot and they are rotating Cook and Sharpton between the MLB and other OLB spots. Spence has been the most impressive LB in practice and right now has a job locked up.

Brown is running with the 2nd team and seems to be a few steps behind the starters. I think you'll definately see a lineup that includes McCarthy and Spence outside with Sharpton or Cook in the middle and the other being a sort swing LB and spot starter when someone goes down with injuries.

Comment

• That could be more so Spence only has to worry about learning one spot at the moment. Last spring every linebacker lined up at every spot. Spence is only playing SLB which is McCarthy's position. Not saying it won't happen, but I don't think Spence and McCarthy both start.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

That could be more so Spence only has to worry about learning one spot at the moment. Last spring every linebacker lined up at every spot. Spence is only playing SLB which is McCarthy's position. Not saying it won't happen, but I don't think Spence and McCarthy both start.
                              I think your gonna see alot of Spence this season. People keep discounting him behind Brown. Spence is by far the best LB we brought in. People just sleep on him cause of his size. Randy loves him and he has been a 1st teamer all spring so far.

I think alot of people will be surprised when they see Spence starting next season. Sharpton looks like the odd man out to me.

Comment

• Spence has rare football smarts for his age and experience, but he doesn't even measure up to Brown in natural talent. Spence looks like the next Xavier Adibi, Brown looks like the next Patrick Willis. I think we'll see a lot of Spence on specials, but do you really think we're going to start a 202 lb. true frosh SLB? Once McCarthy comes back Spence will become an afterthought.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information