2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Joey, give me a prediction for next week.
    When FSU has the ball:

Our defense bounces back and has a great game against you guys. Since you can't pass the ball to save your life, you will not be able to exploit our biggest weakness which is our CB play. Our pass rush and LBs will be all over your very average OL and will cause turnovers and miscues all game from what might be the worst QB situation in D-I. We will hold you under 10 points. Antonie Smith gets held to less then 50 yards rushing.

When Miami has the ball:

Your defense is top 10 in the nation. You will focus on Cooper limiting him to the same 50 or so yards that Smith will get. You will get pressure on the QB at times but will also have trouble to recover when Marve takes off and starts making plays with his legs. After being heavily critized, Nix will take a couple more chances downfield and we will be able to get a score or two. You will hold us under 14 points and Epps much like last season will be a huge factor in the game. Wouldn't be surprised for you guys to force our young guys into a rookie mistake that leads to an easy score.

Overall:

Looks like we have another wide right looming. Both teams have very good defenses and are working out the kinks on offense. I think the difference in this game is that Miami has a QB and FSU doesnt. That should allow Miami to do just enough to pull out the win in a hard fought, low scoring ball game. I'll say final score is 17-14 Miami.

Comment

• What in the F is wrong with the Miami fans?

Ok one, they were stupid to leave the Orange Bowl because even if it was a dumb it was a COLLEGE stadium.

The Minnesota Gophers made that same mistake, destroyed a stadium on campus that was pretty sweet, moved into the metrodome and all know how that turned out. Sure we got a new stadium now but man those years in the dome were rough...

Now Miami does the same thing, moves into the Dolphins stadium, wonderful IF they did not have that damn baseball field on the field. I HATE that watching a football game.

Not to mention the horrible crowd. Ok people did not always go to Miami games in the Orange bowl, now they really won't go!

PS I must say Joey it is looking like Cooper is quite a special back, I never said he wasn't talented but last year and this year he is like a different player. A lot bigger this year it seems and it shows in how hard he turns.

Comment

• There was 35k there which is about the norm for an average game for UM. UM doesn't have the student population like most schools to have a packed stadium all the time, as far as I know they're busing kids from school to the stadium and from my experience it's much easier to go to Dolphins stadium than the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was a great place for historical purposes but it was a piece of crap and needed a lot of renovations that weren't going to happen. Next week it will be a packed house and then the week after it will probably be back to normal (though a bit more since UCF people will come down, including me yay). Looks a lot worse now than before though because of the stadium set up.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

• I love it at Dolphin stadium.

Ozzy have you been to a game there yet? It's great.

I will miss the OB but man we just traded in a ricer for a Bentley.

The games so far have had the same turnout you would expect for Canes games. We are getting the same 35K that we were getting at the OB.

But damn, it's nice to be able to see replays on the HD screens, it's great to have concessions all day instead of running out at halftime. Heck it great just to have a damn seatback so I don't have back pains at halftime.

The look and feel at Dolphin stadium is great. They completely change the layout around so literally everything is orange and green. It comes out really nice and it's sweet to heard the roar of the speakers and music during the game instead of having those stupid OB speakers that sounded like it was coming from a car in the parking lot.

Come next week for FSU, that place will be rocking and nobody will have a single complaint about not being the OB when they get to see the huge hits replayed in HD.

BTW...What did you expect out of Coop? I pretty much figured this was how he would look. He was a true freshman last season. He bulked up this year so he could take the pounding. His running style hasn't changed, he's just bigger so now when he hits people he can keep going instead of getting dragged down.

Comment

• Do the Canes plan to build a stadium on campus? Yes I have been to a game in the Orange Bowl, it was Florida vs. Maryland in the Orange Bowl, Spurrier's last game on Florida and the start of the downfall of them being a cool team once.

Yes the Orange Bowl is nice but it is not a college stadium, and the worst part easy is that mother Fing baseball field, it looks so horrible. I hate when the Dolphins have to play on it and I hate when the Canes have to play on it. From a fans perspective in the stadium it is probably way better. From a fans perspective watching the game, the Orange Bowl is **** because one cannot see the big screen, they are not sitting down and they are not buying food.

It will help with in game recruiting but their on TV look has really went down. The Orange Bowl was a classic great college stadium, and now they destroyed all of that history. Why not renovate the piece if it was that bad?

Again fans perspective great change, on TV perspective horrible change.

BTW...What did you expect out of Coop? I pretty much figured this was how he would look. He was a true freshman last season. He bulked up this year so he could take the pounding. His running style hasn't changed, he's just bigger so now when he hits people he can keep going instead of getting dragged down.
            Because Cooper went down like a bag of dirt last year and it was partly because he was so small. Showed potentially but never really proved it on the field. So maybe, just maybe they have a star RB on that team for the first time in a few years.

Comment

• Well baseball season is done so that's going to be gone (not sure if it's going to be this week or next week though). The cost to renovate the OB was too big and they tried for a while but couldn't get it done. And even then with the renovation it wouldn't have been anywhere near what Dolphins stadium is. The OB had history, Dolphins stadium has everything else. The OB was turning into a negative for recruiting while Dolphins stadium is a huge plus.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Having a baseball diamond in the middle of the field for 2 games is not at all a big deal. I seriously doubt that the Cane brass looked at all the upgrades, in terms of montary gains, recruiting gains, as well as fan comfort and said, nah, let's pass, there's a baseball diamond on it during the Charleston Southern and UNC games.

Comment

• Can't wait till next year, fellas.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• This sure as hell doesn't feel like Miami-Florida State week. I guess we've truly fallen that far.

Comment

• "We played a bad game and still had control of that game throughout against a halfway decent football team. That says something about the talent level of our kids that our OC was clearly putting us in a hole all game long and yet we still had that game not only in our grasp but in our clear control until the final drive. Once our kids grow up and we get rid of some of the older players (Grant, Farq, Jones, Johnson, etc.) that are just not playing up to par, we will take another step. This is still a work in progress. We have more talent but we are still lacking at some spots (CB was the obvious one today) and we still need to mature, play more consistent and get a new OC.
                      "
                      Totally agree with this. but farquharson is actually playing up to par. I still wish we would have redshirted him last year. All he needed was one year of coaching and he would be ready. Aldarius is just rediculous as well for a freshman.

Also I cant wait till Bryce Brown gets here.

(JJ, Coop, Bryce)

Amazing three headed monster run game.

And Coop is tearing it up this year. =)

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                        This sure as hell doesn't feel like Miami-Florida State week. I guess we've truly fallen that far.
                        I dunno what you are talking about.

We've been hyped for this game for a month and we've had the tailgate planned since Monday. We are gonna be there at 11 30 in the morning.

It sure feels like FSU-Miami to me. And alot of Miami fans down here are talking about it because this is a huge test to see how we bounce back from our worse game of the season.

Maybe it's just because you aren't in Miami to feel the atmosphere here but alot of people are hyped for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                          I dunno what you are talking about.

We've been hyped for this game for a month and we've had the tailgate planned since Monday. We are gonna be there at 11 30 in the morning.

It sure feels like FSU-Miami to me. And alot of Miami fans down here are talking about it because this is a huge test to see how we bounce back from our worse game of the season.

Maybe it's just because you aren't in Miami to feel the atmosphere here but alot of people are hyped for this game.
                          It has lost a little bit of the luster it has had in previous years when we were both powerhouses, but eiter way I'm still PUMPED!!

Because I hate FSU so much, that if we lost the remainder of our games, but beat FSU, the season would still be largely a success for me! Although I really hope that doesn't happen (losing the rest of out games, of course!)
                          Last edited by thebow305; 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            It has lost a little bit of the luster it has had in previous years when we were both powerhouses, but eiter way I'm still PUMPED!!

Because I hate FSU so much, that if we lost the remainder of our games, but beat FSU, the season would still be largely a success for me! Although I really hope that doesn't happen (losing the rest of out games, of course!)
                            Oh course it lost some lusted nationally. The rest of the nation doesn't wanna watch 2 down programs.

The Red Sox/Yankees rivalry was non exsistant to anyone outside of NY or Boston this year because TB ran away with the division.

It's the same situation here. But the FSU and Miami fans are still pumped and will be out in full force.

Comment

• Game Day Baby! I'm Pumped!! Go Canes!!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• We played a heck of a game. Here are some quick points:

-Nix was vastly improved from what I have seen of him in the year and a half he's been here. He wasnt afraid to take chances. He threw the ball downfield alot, and he was very inventive with the screen to LT Jason Fox and a TD pass by RB Greg Cooper. He still needs to learn to use the middle of the field more.

- Plain and simple reason why we lost this game. Our defense simply in no way shape or form has been able to stop a team on 3rd down. If we get off the field on 3rd down, this game is won.

-Love seeing the team bounce back in the 2nd half and a great job by the coaching staff and players all the way around.

-This team is gonna explode before the year is over. We are simply too talented and have progress every game regardless of result and the coaching staff has even impressed me with how they have adjusted and improved from game to game.

-Bottom line: As long as our upperclassmen suck, we will be medicore. In 2 years, we will be where we need to be. Our freshman are great but they aren't to the point where they can make up for Upperclassmen like Khalil Jones Farq, Sam Shield dropping passes. Xavier Shannon, Chris Rutledge and Tyrone Bryd missing blocks, Bruce Johnson, Chavez Grant and Lovon Ponder blowing coverages, and Joe Joseph and Dwayne Hendricks getting shoved around.

That list of SRs and JRs above are all by and large playing below par and we cannot win games like that. Our freshman and sophomores are the only reason we are even competitive in these games.

Guys, our future looks bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information