Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Best Regions for positions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Regions for positions

I don't have any statistical data backing this up, but does it ever seem like certain regions or states are particularly ripe with a certain position?

Yea yea, the SEC honks will come out and say "The best players from every position come from the south!" But I for one think that Quarterbacks grow on trees in California. The last couple years, Louisiana is where the stud DT's are at. Texas always has the best beefy O linemen.

I'm trying to find out which other regions are the best for certain positions, so feel free to chime in.

quarterbacks come from PA...if im not mistaken..marino,montana,jim kelly..and i think there are 2 more really big names from there 2...but all those guys are old

Comment

Cant argue with DT from Louisiana, nor Guards/Tackles from Texas.

The Penn region/Big Ten country are the LB's.

Florida producing some good WR's lately.

I dont know the which regions dominate for today's/present RB's or DB's?

QB is definitely debatable.

Comment

I would have to say that the South puts out the best RBs...

Past RBs: Earl Cambell (Texas), Eric Dickerson (Texas), Jim Brown (Georgia), Walter Payton (Mississippi)

Current RBs: Cedric Benson (Texas), Adrian Peterson (Texas), LT (Texas), Warrick Dunn (Louisiana)

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
          quarterbacks come from PA...if im not mistaken..marino,montana,jim kelly..and i think there are 2 more really big names from there 2...but all those guys are old
          Dan Marino
          Broadway Joe
          Montana,
          Jim Kelly
          Johnny Unitas
          George Blanda.

That's what I got so far.

Comment

Hard to argue with PA for QBs. Terrelle Pryor is the next big PA quarterback.

I'd say Florida is a good place for LBs.

Comment

Henne is gonna be added to that list of great PA quarterbacks.

Originally posted by supermario86
              Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                Dan Marino
                Broadway Joe
                Montana,
                Jim Kelly
                Johnny Unitas
                George Blanda.

it must be somethin in the water

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                  Dan Marino
                  Broadway Joe
                  Montana,
                  Jim Kelly
                  Johnny Unitas
                  George Blanda.

All from the Pittsburgh area.

Comment

Between Ohio and Pennsylvania are tons of great linebackers. Seems like every single year a great LB comes out of those 2 states. (just look at the history of great LBs at Ohio State and Penn State.)

Comment

WRs come from Virginia.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                      Record: 7-3

Comment

Athletes in Florida and Georgia, and some good QB's came outta FL too.

Comment

Originally posted by DWilliams2IndyColts View Post
                          WRs come from Virginia.
                          And so do scrambling QBs right? Allen Iverson, Aaron Brooks, Michael Vick, Marcus Vick, EJ Manuel.

Comment

Anybody read that article in an ESPN Mag about some area in FL where WRs come from?

It was really cool...these kids learn to run by chasing rabbits (to kill them for their skins and sell for a small amount of money) on corn fields with all kinds of tar on them.

One of my favorite sports features i have ever read

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                              All from the Pittsburgh area.
                              Yeah, I actually have family in Pittsburgh, and best friend from college lives is from there as well, and I hear about all these qbs all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information