Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Horns 09 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns 09 Recruits

Mack has already picked up committments from Garrett Gilbert, Chris Whaley and Greg Timmons for the 09 class. Good Start!

I really hope Mack does not offer Shepard playing time at QB. He needs to be honest with the kid and tell him that if he comes to UT the chances that he snaps at QB are not going to be good. Russell needs to come to Michigan.

Originally posted by supermario86
    Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

i dont think they are offering shepard as a QB, i have heard that they are offering him as an athlete and that is why he hasnt already committed

Comment

Gilbert is a pro style qb, so im not exactly the happiest about picking him up...If he isnt a threat to run we might as well take out the zone read option, I liked what I saw from him but in our offense I always prefer guys who have athleticism to make plays, let me see how John Chiles can throw the ball before we ruin his career on the bench, otherwise he needs to be moved to rb or db...

But the class is starting off on the right foot, we would need a few big classes to pass up OU.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I have been impressed with Chiles and think he will be the guy after colt, there are a lot of WRs coming in this year and another committ for 09 so if chiles cant get them the ball gilbert is a nice option to have

Comment

So far Mack just offered him as an ATH. They want him but at what cost will they go to get him. The kid is unreal on film and is a definite Top 5 player in the 2009 class. I have heard that GG had a tremendous playoff this past year and said he has become a legend because of it. What happend? The kid is good but Shepard is on another level. The dude looks like Mike Vick without killing dogs and all.

Originally posted by supermario86
            Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
              So far Mack just offered him as an ATH. They want him but at what cost will they go to get him. The kid is unreal on film and is a definite Top 5 player in the 2009 class. I have heard that GG had a tremendous playoff this past year and said he has become a legend because of it. What happend? The kid is good but Shepard is on another level. The dude looks like Mike Vick without killing dogs and all.
              Shepard loves Texas, and he said he'd be willing to play another position if they asked him to. However, he also really loves Rich Rodriguez and believes he can be the QB at Michigan from day one.

Here is an exciting article:

I would say Texas is still up there, but Michigan is really at the top of my list, especially if they dont get Terrelle Pryor, he told the paper. I feel like I could go there and play right away. Im also looking at Florida and LSU. Both of those schools have pretty good depth-chart situations for me.
              http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS06/80210062

Comment

Apparently his Girlfriend goes to LSU so who knows where he will wind up. It seems like a horse race between Mich, and Texas. While LSU is a very distant third.

Comment

Mack has generally always said that for the most part, he lets ATH recruits pick the position they want to play to start with, and then they'll move them accordingly if it doesn't or won't pan out. If Shepard commits, it'll probably be him and Gilbert battling for the QB job in the spring after Colt's SR season. Just not sure if I see John Chiles sticking at QB long-term, though I guess he'd have to be in that QB competition when Colt graduated... If Shepard wins the position in the spring, there's his QB job. If he loses, at least he got a chance.

Kid has always said he'd be willing to change positions to play at Texas, so I think right now he's probably still a slight Texas lean. Obviously, it'll hinge pretty heavily on what Terrelle Pryor decides to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                    Mack has already picked up committments from Garrett Gilbert, Chris Whaley and Greg Timmons for the 09 class. Good Start!
                    Thats it? :)

Comment

haha definately excited about Chris Whaley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUpwJujEHw

Comment

Ive talked to Shep personally and he told me Texas is still his fav school and they offered him but havnt said anything about QB they just offered him didnt say what position and he said he was confused, he said he wont go to a school that wont edleast offer him a chance to play QB, he might come back to texas jr day on the 23rd other than that he wont make a commitment for a good month or two

Comment

Russell will follow the poon. Oh he will follow the poon.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            Shepard loves Texas, and he said he'd be willing to play another position if they asked him to. However, he also really loves Rich Rodriguez and believes he can be the QB at Michigan from day one.

Here is an exciting article:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RTS06/80210062
                            PL, save yourself the time and heartache. If Shepard isn't a Horn, I'll eat my shoe. I wear a size 17, so you know I am pretty darn confident in that.

The reality of it is, Shepard wants to be a Horn and the Texas coaches know it as well. That is why you normally only see a few select offers go out to Texas kids each year, especially early.

Comment

I would of prefered Shephard anyway, but if that is the case Chiles needs to be featured in the offense somewhat because Id hate to see him as a career backup, he probably could of been the qb at A&M after Mcgee, but its no point in taking two 5* qbs in the same class, somebody will end up transferring(javon snead).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information