Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Predict your class 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
    There were 3 people who told the staff they would verbal on the spot if offered early in the year, Jake Golic was one of them.

    The Irish staff will be visiting Love this month and will probably give Love an offer, we'll see what he does after.
    A lot has changed in the begining of the year.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
      *=Already committed

      QB- Russell Shepard*
      QB- Chris Garrett*
      HB- Mike Ford*
      HB- Dexter Pratt (I love him)*
      HB- Trent Richardson or maybe Christine Michael/Eddie Lacy
      WR- Kenny Bell
      WR- Reuben Randle
      WR- Andre DuBose or maybe Kraig Appleton (not sure if we take three, but its possible if either one wants to commit)
      OL- Josh Downs* (listed at DT but I think he'll play Center)
      OL- Chris Faulk
      OL- Carneal Ainsworth
      OL- Possibly Xavier Sua Filo
      OL- Henry Orelus*
      DE- Michael Brockers*
      DT- Chris Davenport
      DT- Darrington Sentimore or JaMarkus McFarland
      LB- Kevin Minter*
      LB- Willie Ferrell*
      LB- Tahj Jones
      LB- Barkevious Mingo
      LB- John Bostic/Chris Williams. We're taking 4 for sure, maybe 5
      CB- Janzen Jackson
      CB- Drayton Calhoun

      Those are the guys I'm thinking we have a legit shot at right now. We'll end up with 20-23 scholarships this year, so I'm thinking this class is going to fill out rather nicely.
      Looks like Miami and LSU are gonna be in some recruiting battle this year. Orelus, Randle, Bostic if I remember correctly have us both in the top 5 for each and we both are in good position with all 3 of those guys. Could go either way there.

      Plus we are both in on DeBose (I think FSU tho) and Xavier Sua Filo (USC). Should be interesting.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
        1.) Bryce Brown (5*) RB
        2.) Ruben Randle (5*) WR or NuKeese Richardson (4*)
        3.) Olivier Vernon (4*) DE
        4.) Luther Robinson (4*) DT/OG
        5.) Antwan Lowery (4*) DT
        6.) Billy Sanders (NR/should be 3*) TE/DE
        7.) Michael Carter (4*) CB
        8.) Brandon McGee (4*) CB (he's ours keylime)
        9.) Tevin McCaskill (4*) S
        10.) Lamar Miller (4*) RB
        11.) Orson Charles (4*) TE
        12.) A.J. Highsmith (NR/Should be 3*) ATH
        13.) Deron Dye (4*) DE
        14.) Riley Spencer (NR/Should be a 3*) OT
        15.) Jamal Reid (NR/Should be a 3*) CB
        16.) Logan Thomas (4*) TE
        17.) Anthony Steen (NR/Should be a 2*) OT
        18.) Jon Bostic (4*) LB
        19.) Rantavous Wooten (NR/Should be 4*) WR

        That's 19 which is the number we are said to be targeting at this point. The only ones on this list that have yet to recieve offers are Logan Thomas and NuKeese Richardson but both seem to be pretty big Miami fans that we are slow playing and will get in on heavier as things start taking shape later. We'll see how it plays out.
        This is a pretty solid list, I know we are looking for 3-4 TE this year according to Hurtt.

        McGee is going to be a tough get, as will Randle. I do like the brother connection to UM there, but we will have to see.

        I would be more than happy with that class.

        Also, Michael Carter could prove to be a huge battle, I think we have the inside track but Minnesota has some leeway with him as his cousin won the Thorpe Award there.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
          What are you talking about? He's been to just about all our camps this summer, he comes on campus all the time just to chill with the other players, he's great with the coaches and we've already offered him a scholarship. If we didn't really want him, we would not have offered him at all, much less this early in the process. Outside of Lamar Miller, he's probably the 1 kid that has yet to commit that Miami feels most confident about that will end up in our class.
          I agree with you, but reading what other Miami fans say, they're treating him like PSU fans treat Savage.

          Also, agreed about Love. He wants ND.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
            Looks like Miami and LSU are gonna be in some recruiting battle this year. Orelus, Randle, Bostic if I remember correctly have us both in the top 5 for each and we both are in good position with all 3 of those guys. Could go either way there.

            Plus we are both in on DeBose (I think FSU tho) and Xavier Sua Filo (USC). Should be interesting.
            Miles has definitely shown that he loves to dip into Florida and Texas, especially after Saban cut off that Mobile pipeline we had for a while.

            I'm thinking Orelus will de-commit to be honest. Something about him strikes me as really funny.

            Bostic would be really, really great to have, and I believe he thought about committing to LSU after the spring game last month. Long way to go with him though.

            Sonny on our Scout site likes our chances with DeBose (I think it'll depend on whether we take Ray Ray Armstron or Dye as well), but its tough to get such an electric player out of Florida.

            I like our chances with Sua Filo because of Gary Crowton's influence in Utah. He coached at BYU, hes from Provo..they love him there and he'll probably be going hard after Sua Filo and John Martinez. I believe Sua Filo has us on the top of his list.

            If we get one of them I'd bet it'd be Sua Filo..Martinez is definitely going to USC.

            Comment


            • #21
              Most likely to be in our class:

              Jacobbi McDaniel
              CJ Mizel
              JaJuan Harley
              Willie Downs
              Brandon Jenkins
              Chris Thompson
              Xavier Rhodes
              Gerald Demps
              Lonnie Pryor

              Good feeling:
              Hunter Poole
              Andre Debose
              Andrew Carter
              Ryne Giddens
              Jawanza Starling
              Ed Stinson
              Corey Addison
              Petey Smith

              Ehh feeling:
              Eugene Smith
              David Oku
              Nick Alajajian

              Comment


              • #22
                QB - Nathan Scheelhaase ****
                QB - Jordan Reed ****
                RB - Brad Rogers ***
                RB - Brandon Wegher ****
                WR - Vondrae Tostenson ***
                WR - Keenan Davis ****
                WR - Cameron Gordon ****
                WR - Brady Brown ***
                OL - David Barrent ****
                OL - Brett Van Sloten ***
                OL - Kyle Koehne ***
                DL - Darris Ford ***
                DL - Jordan Stepp ****
                DL - Nosa Egaue ****
                LB - Denicos Allen ***
                LB - Ka'Lial Glaud ***
                LB - Tyrone Sellers ***
                CB - Demontrae Hurst ***
                CB - Phillip Harvey ***
                CB - Brodrick Jenkins ***
                S - Josh Evans ***
                S - Tyree Watkins ***
                ATH - Jordan Cotton ***

                Comment


                • #23
                  09 Texas Longhorns Recruits

                  Already Committed

                  QB Garrett Gilbert *****
                  RB Chris Whaley ****
                  WR Greg Timmons ****
                  WR Marquise Goodwin
                  TE Barrett Matthews
                  TE Trey Graham
                  OL Thomas Ashcroft ****
                  OL Garrett Porter ****
                  OL Mason Walters ****
                  OL Paden Kelley
                  DE Alex Okafor ****
                  DE Dominique Jones
                  DE Kyle Kriegel
                  DT Calvin Howell ****
                  DT Derek Johnson****
                  LB Tariq Allen ****
                  LB Patrick Nkwopara
                  DB Marcus Davis ****
                  DB Eryon Barnett ****
                  DB Kenny Vaccaro
                  Last edited by cdub11; 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    PSU = Verbal

                    QB- Tate Forcier
                    QB- Antone Exum
                    RB- Tavon Austin
                    WR- Justin Brown
                    WR- Jaleel Clark
                    WR- Todd Thomas
                    OL- Mark Arcidiacono
                    OL- Ty Howle
                    OL- Nate Cadogan
                    OL- Brennan Williams
                    DL- Deonte Arnett
                    DL- Sean Staley
                    LB- Glenn Carson
                    LB- Dan Mason
                    DB- Darrell Givens
                    DB- Stephen Obeng-Agyapong
                    DB- Derrick Thomas
                    DB- Malcolm Willis
                    DB- Stephon Morris
                    DB- Jordan Love
                    ATH- Gerald Hodges
                    ATH- Curtis Drake
                    ATH- Jelani Jenkins
                    ATH- Travis Hawkins
                    Last edited by reigle9; 05-15-2008, 03:27 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                      PSU

                      QB- Tate Forcier
                      QB- Antone Exum
                      RB- Tavon Austin
                      WR- Justin Brown
                      WR- Jaleel Clark
                      WR- Todd Thomas
                      OL- Mark Arcidiacono
                      OL- Ty Howle
                      OL- Nate Cadogan
                      OL- Brennan Williams
                      DL- Deonte Arnett
                      DL- Sean Staley
                      LB- Glenn Carson
                      LB- Dan Mason
                      DB- Darrell Givens
                      DB- Stephen Obeng-Agyapong
                      DB- Derrick Thomas
                      DB- Malcolm Willis
                      DB- Stephon Morris
                      DB- Jordan Love
                      ATH- Gerald Hodges
                      ATH- Curtis Drake
                      ATH- Jelani Jenkins
                      ATH- Travis Hawkins
                      Quoted so I can update verbals to PSU or otherwise.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                        Miles has definitely shown that he loves to dip into Florida and Texas, especially after Saban cut off that Mobile pipeline we had for a while.

                        I'm thinking Orelus will de-commit to be honest. Something about him strikes me as really funny.

                        Bostic would be really, really great to have, and I believe he thought about committing to LSU after the spring game last month. Long way to go with him though.

                        Sonny on our Scout site likes our chances with DeBose (I think it'll depend on whether we take Ray Ray Armstron or Dye as well), but its tough to get such an electric player out of Florida.

                        I like our chances with Sua Filo because of Gary Crowton's influence in Utah. He coached at BYU, hes from Provo..they love him there and he'll probably be going hard after Sua Filo and John Martinez. I believe Sua Filo has us on the top of his list.

                        If we get one of them I'd bet it'd be Sua Filo..Martinez is definitely going to USC.
                        I've been saying for a long time that Orelus will decommit. It's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's going to either Miami or Florida.

                        I don't know exactly how hard Miami is going after Bostic because they have offered alot of LBs and are only taking 1 but he is from an area that's all Miami and if Miami pushed hard enough I'm sure they could land him fairly easily. I just don't think they are as interested in him as some others.

                        I have heard LSU and FSU for Debose but FSU is clearly the leader and I don't think it's all that close to be honest. He's just having fun with it but he'll be a Nole in the end. I don't know if you've heard anything on Dye but I'd be shocked if he ended up anywhere but Miami. Armstrong is the most open but I'd say Florida has the best chance.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                          I've been saying for a long time that Orelus will decommit. It's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's going to either Miami or Florida.

                          I don't know exactly how hard Miami is going after Bostic because they have offered alot of LBs and are only taking 1 but he is from an area that's all Miami and if Miami pushed hard enough I'm sure they could land him fairly easily. I just don't think they are as interested in him as some others.

                          I have heard LSU and FSU for Debose but FSU is clearly the leader and I don't think it's all that close to be honest. He's just having fun with it but he'll be a Nole in the end. I don't know if you've heard anything on Dye but I'd be shocked if he ended up anywhere but Miami. Armstrong is the most open but I'd say Florida has the best chance.
                          I really want that Armstrong kid. Dye would also be really nice. I don't think there's any chance Orelus stays an LSU commit. He's a Cane all the way!

                          Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            REDO!

                            Jordan Whiting-LB
                            Storm Klein-LB
                            John Simon-DT
                            Jack Mewhort-OL
                            Adam Homan-FB
                            CJ Barnett-CB
                            Chris Fields-WR
                            Jamie Wood-S
                            Dorian Bell-LB
                            Jordan Hall-RB
                            Melvin Fellows-DE
                            Corey Linsley-OL
                            Zach Boren-FB
                            James Jackson-WR
                            Reid Fragel-TE
                            Corey Brown-CB
                            Bradley McDougal-S
                            Carlos Hyde-RB
                            Vladimir Emilien-S
                            Jaamal Berry-RB
                            Duron Carter-WR
                            Brandon McGee-CB
                            Pat Muldoon-DE
                            Jonathan Newsome-DE
                            Marcus Hall-OL

                            that's the full 25. wouldn't be surprised if that's the exact 25 we take, we'll be mostly done with our class before the season starts.

                            Chris Watt, DJ Hunter, Dominic Clarke, EJ Banks, Corey Adams and a few others might be in there instead of some possibly.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Updated:

                              QB - Jordan Reed ****
                              QB - Dolapo McCarthy ***
                              RB - Brandon Wegher ****
                              RB - Brad Rogers ***
                              WR - Keenan Davis ****
                              WR - Vondrae Tostenson ***
                              WR - Tyree Watkins ****
                              TE - ??
                              OT - Brent Qvale ***
                              OT - David Barrent ****
                              OT - Kyle Koehne ***
                              OG - Drew Clark ***

                              DE - Nosa Egaue ***
                              DE - Tyrone Sellers ***
                              DT - Adam Repogle ***
                              OLB - Jake Weiss ***
                              OLB - Denicos Allen ***
                              CB - Demontrae Hurst ***
                              CB - Phillip Harvey **
                              ATH - Nathan Scheelhaase ****
                              ATH - Jordan Cotton ***

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ok, I wasn't going to do one until a little later but I think I have enough info to make an early educated guess. I used Scout's rankings because Rivals was down.

                                QB
                                Kevin Newsome (5*)
                                Shavodrick Beaver (4*)

                                RB
                                Teric Jones (4*)
                                Fitzgerald Toussaint (3*)


                                WR
                                Bryce McNeal (4*)
                                Kenny Bell (4*)
                                Jeremy Gallon (3*)

                                OL
                                Brennan Williams (4*)
                                Michael Schofield (3*)
                                Zack Martin (N/R)
                                Adam Gress (N/R)

                                DT
                                William Campbell (5*)
                                Josh Boyd (4*)

                                DE
                                Sam Montgomery (4*)
                                Keenan Graham (4*)

                                LB
                                DeDe Lattimore (3*)
                                Jordan Barnes (3*)
                                Isaiah Bell (N/R)
                                Brandin Hawthrone (N/R)

                                CB
                                Darius Winston (5*)
                                Justin Turner (4*)
                                David Gordon (3*)

                                S
                                Mike Jones (4*)
                                Dennis Thames (3*)

                                K
                                Anthony Fera (N/R)

                                I feel pretty good about a lot of these guys and not-so-great on some others.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information