Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
    you mean walls who has already returned
    Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".
    Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.
      His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bama9507 View Post
        2 time defending recruiting champions
        What?

chars

Comment

• Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
          Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".
          that was one player, Justin Boren. Mario,Adrian, and Mallet were all gone no matter who was the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.
            I have heard he looks pretty bad on the O-line so yea..congratulations Illinois on getting a damn fine looking DT prospect.

That is going to be a recurring theme this year BTW, teams across the country are going to be getting some outstanding prospects from South Florida due to the high number of D-1 recruits here this year and the number crunches by the big three.

Hell, I could see a team like FIU sneaking into the top 50 recruiting classes, which I gotta think is pretty unheard of for a Sun Belt school.

Comment

Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.

Comment

• I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                  I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.
                  He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.

Comment

• Well what can you say, he seems to be a die hard Bama fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.
                      Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.

We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.

Zion Babb, Patilla, Kates, Artis Chambers, Mixon, Mallet, James McKinney, Alex Mitchell, ect. All gone, apparently none man enough to handle Barwis's work outs.
                      Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

Comment

• From what I can infer from the Rivals article, Mack Brown named Florida as his leader

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.
                          Part of me wants to congratulate him, he is rising in neg rep faster than I ever did. Heck, soon he will surpass me.

Comment

Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.
                            And you have information to the contrary? I find it hard to believe that some Notre Dame homer knows more about the Michigan program than insiders with connections to the program. Andy Moeller wasn't there to coddle Boren and Rod and his staff "pushed" him too hard and swore a few too many times. Rod and his staff don't baby their players like Lloyd and his staff did. Most of the guys had a real hard time adjusting between the two regimes. Boren couldn't take it anymore and had to go home crying to daddy. Sorry, but if Boren wants to be pampered like a princess then he'll fit right in at Ohio State.

We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.
                            McGuffie transfered back close to home to be close to his 16 year old brother, who he was trying to help raise. He had nothing but great things to say about Michigan when he left and said it was hard for him to leave the program. But yeah, let's not let facts get in the way of our personal agenda.

Zion Babb,
                            Babb was kicked off the team for violating team rules.

Patilla,
                            He left because the new staff didn't baby him, like Boren. The difference between him and Boren is that he pretty admitted why he left. He was moved to fullback and got pissed.

Kates,
                            This was a grades issue. Rod can't do these kids homework or take their test. He didn't leave because he didn't like Rod, he left because he did have the grades to legally play.

Chambers, Mixon
                            No one really knows why they left.

Mallet,
                            There were rumors that Mallet considered transfering before the spring of his freshman year. This is before Rich Rod got to Michigan while Lloyd was still coach. When Rod got there he asked Mallett to stay and told him he'd build his offense around him. Well Mallett left anyway...

James McKinney,
                            He left before Lloyd's last season, but keep pulling names out of your ass.

Alex Mitchell,
                            This is the one guy who really was fat and couldn't handle Barwis' workouts. He got up to 360 lbs and told the new staff their workouts were "too hard."

If you have any evidence that disproves anything I said, post it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              you mean walls who has already returned
                              Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.
                              Last edited by CC; 02-06-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC View Post
                                Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.
                                reuland transferred for more playing time, carufel the same and gary gray will be returning to the team in the summer. so if you try and show that weis is a sob by naming 2 guys who left 2 seasons ago looking for more playing time yay you.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information