Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry for the triple post, but U-M also offered Jordan Hicks. That one looks like a losing effort though...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      anbody have any info on any of these recruits?

      Brandon Willis, DE/DT
      Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
      Christian Green, QB/WR
      A.J. Derby, QB/WR
      Darius White, WR
      Chaz Green, OT
      All I know of AJ Derby is that he's grown up in Iowa City, is a Hawkeye fan but not so much that an offer from the big boys wouldn't tear him away. Last season was his first year at QB, pretty much was a Tebow-like athlete. He is said to be very raw at QB, but still has potential to play there in college. Rumor that at the AAA camp for juniors or whatever, he had one of if not the strongest arm. Also, his HS Iowa City High plays in the top Iowa level of competition, not that it's saying a lot. I've heard him mentioned as a QB, S, LB, and TE, never heard WR though.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        All I know of AJ Derby is that he's grown up in Iowa City, is a Hawkeye fan but not so much that an offer from the big boys wouldn't tear him away. Last season was his first year at QB, pretty much was a Tebow-like athlete. He is said to be very raw at QB, but still has potential to play there in college. Rumor that at the AAA camp for juniors or whatever, he had one of if not the strongest arm. Also, his HS Iowa City High plays in the top Iowa level of competition, not that it's saying a lot. I've heard him mentioned as a QB, S, LB, and TE, never heard WR though.
        Got it from USC's rival site, said he has good "hands". The only thing I read about is that he is similar to tebow.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          Got it from USC's rival site, said he has good "hands". The only thing I read about is that he is similar to tebow.
          Yea, the Tebow comparison is obviously there but should be taken with a grain of salt. They are similar in build, speed (Derby runs a 4.6 reported, idk about Tebow in HS), Derby punishes the D by running all over them, but can also throw. But like I said, his passing game is far from polished, he just has a really huge arm. I don't remember what Tebow was like coming out, but I'm pretty sure Derby won't be as big a prospect obviously. That said, I've read many scouts/analysts/etc. feel with more experience his senior year and some work at the next level, he definitely could play QB at the next level.

          I really hope he isn't star struck by all the big boys and stays home, but I have a feeling he's going big time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            Yea, the Tebow comparison is obviously there but should be taken with a grain of salt. They are similar in build, speed (Derby runs a 4.6 reported, idk about Tebow in HS), Derby punishes the D by running all over them, but can also throw. But like I said, his passing game is far from polished, he just has a really huge arm. I don't remember what Tebow was like coming out, but I'm pretty sure Derby won't be as big a prospect obviously. That said, I've read many scouts/analysts/etc. feel with more experience his senior year and some work at the next level, he definitely could play QB at the next level.

            I really hope he isn't star struck by all the big boys and stays home, but I have a feeling he's going big time.
            I would personally like if he went to Iowa aswell, It'd be nice to see them with a big-time skill position prospect. My sister is a Iowa alum, so they would be the Big10 team I'd root for.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
              I would personally like if he went to Iowa aswell, It'd be nice to see them with a big-time skill position prospect. My sister is a Iowa alum, so they would be the Big10 team I'd root for.
              You can still root for us. ;) That is, until we finally make a Rose Bowl to play USC. Weird, the year we faced USC, it was a BCS bowl outside the Rose.

              But Derby is the keystone for Iowa's '10 class, along with Andre Dawson. Hopefully, the fact we've been in on him earlier than anyone else, he goes to school literally 2 blocks from the football stadium, and he will have the opportunity to play any position he wants will persuade him to stay.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                You can still root for us. ;) That is, until we finally make a Rose Bowl to play USC. Weird, the year we faced USC, it was a BCS bowl outside the Rose.

                But Derby is the keystone for Iowa's '10 class, along with Andre Dawson. Hopefully, the fact we've been in on him earlier than anyone else, he goes to school literally 2 blocks from the football stadium, and he will have the opportunity to play any position he wants will persuade him to stay.

                I root for them in games, but it's nothing serious and I don't show the passion that i do when I root for the USC Trojans (my eldest brother's alma-mater), Clippers (my B-ball team), Lions (my football team). all my siblings are half siblings, but i have a good relationship with my brothers. My sister was never really involved in my life like my brothers, until the last ten years, and SC is one of the home town schools (UCLA being the other) so it just seemed natural. It's funny because at one time I used to root for three losers (loser is too strong a word for the 90's trojans, but UCLA was king of LA at the time, and people that rooted for the trojans were looked at as losers, just like how UCLA fans are looked at now:p ). Now I only root for two losers.....:(

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
                  I'm not sure what to think about PA DT Sharrif Floyd, says PSU is recruiting him, coaches have been by the school and I quote, 'I'm cool with Penn State, I like them a little bit'...
                  Where's that from?

                  Comment


                  • I think Sharrif Floyd will be in the top-3 of DT's of this class when all is said and done.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                      anbody have any info on any of these recruits?

                      Brandon Willis, DE/DT
                      Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
                      Christian Green, QB/WR
                      A.J. Derby, QB/WR
                      Darius White, WR
                      Chaz Green, OT
                      Darius White was in Austin over the weekend and picked up an offer but has not committed.

                      Comment


                      • Seastruck, White, and Nelson would all be graet to land. Either way 10 commits, nice day.
                        Whats up buttercup!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pokeys View Post
                          Seastruck, White, and Nelson would all be graet to land. Either way 10 commits, nice day.
                          would also like to get Jeffcoat & Wilson

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                            anbody have any info on any of these recruits?

                            Brandon Willis, DE/DT
                            Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
                            Christian Green, QB/WR
                            A.J. Derby, QB/WR
                            Darius White, WR
                            Chaz Green, OT
                            I've heard that Christian Green and Chaz Green will be at UF if they are offered (teammates).

                            Willis is all FSU.

                            Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there. Everyone is in on him.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JoeyJr09;1484634[B
                              ]I've heard that Christian Green and Chaz Green will be at UF if they are offered (teammates).[/B]

                              Willis is all FSU.

                              Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there. Everyone is in on him.
                              Figures...who is the better prospect out of the two?


                              Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there.
                              Oh boy, do i like the sound of that. Is he looked at DE or DT with most schools?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                                Figures...who is the better prospect out of the two?




                                Oh boy, do i like the sound of that. Is he looked at DE or DT with most schools?
                                I think Green is the better prospect. ;)

                                Seriously tho, Christian is the better of the 2.

                                Ego is wide open but I the feeling I get is he wants to stay on the east coast. I've seen him connected with us, PSU, Rutgers, BC and UF.

                                You mentioning him is the 1st I've heard of any west coast talk for him.

                                Check out his list of interested schools. Not that these are 100 percent accurate but that fact that there are zero west coast schools on there is very telling.

                                http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...=84259&Sport=1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information