Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

Future NFL'ers from the 2009 class from your team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    That's how feel, but at the same time, this new miami isn't the one of the last 10 years. The usual 1st rounders could be 2nd and 3rd rounders now
    only for this coming draft and probably next years, but after that I full expect us to see us dominating the NFL draft once again. I wish this thread was called "Future NFL'ers from the 2008 class from your team" then you would see some real Miami arrogance show up lol.

Comment

That's how feel, but at the same time, this new miami isn't the one of the last 10 years. The usual 1st rounders could be 2nd and 3rd rounders now, and this year and the next should be the marker as where the Canes are at for awhile. Luckily for the Canes southflorida is a hotbed for physical freaks and speedsters which should help continue Miami's draft dominance (only rivaled by OSU and USC).
      Not sure what you mean by this new Miami isn't the one of the last 10 years. As in we aren't putting out the same NFL talent I assume?

Well you aren't exactly going out on a limb there considering the run we have will be nearly impossible to match by anyone. Nobody can rival us as far as the draft goes over the last 10-15 years (including USC and OSU, not a knock on them, just a testament to the dominance Miami had as far as producing NFL talent).

Just to put things in perspective. Over the last 10-15 years, Miami has:

1.)put the most players in the NFL
      2.)put the most players in the Pro Bowl
      3.)broken the record for most 1st rounders in 1 year
      4.)broken the record for consecutive years with 1st rounders

Miami has set records in the draft that are pretty unheard of.

Anyone trying to talk down Miami for not producing the same NFL talent needs to take a step back and just see that the level of talent coming out is something that might never be repeated by any school for a long, long time.

Miami obviously will be lucky if they have 2 players even drafted this year, but there is some talent in the pipeline with guys like Jason Fox, Craig Cooper, Orlando Franklin, Allen Bailey and Colin McCarthy. Certainly not sure fire 1st rounders but certain solid players that should fall in the 2-4 round range within the next year or 2. (Plus there should be a few low round guys mixed in there as well.)

Not bad for a team that player the most freshmen in the country last year and who's biggest talent base is still at least 3 years away from going Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
        Not sure what you mean by this new Miami isn't the one of the last 10 years. As in we aren't putting out the same NFL talent I assume?

Well you aren't exactly going out on a limb there considering the run we have will be nearly impossible to match by anyone. Nobody can rival us as far as the draft goes over the last 10-15 years (including USC and OSU, not a knock on them, just a testament to the dominance Miami had as far as producing NFL talent).

Just to put things in perspective. Over the last 10-15 years, Miami has:

1.)put the most players in the NFL
        2.)put the most players in the Pro Bowl
        3.)broken the record for most 1st rounders in 1 year
        4.)broken the record for consecutive years with 1st rounders

Miami has set records in the draft that are pretty unheard of.

Anyone trying to talk down Miami for not producing the same NFL talent needs to take a step back and just see that the level of talent coming out is something that might never be repeated by any school for a long, long time.
        Miami obviously will be lucky if they have 2 players even drafted this year, but there is some talent in the pipeline with guys like Jason Fox, Craig Cooper, Orlando Franklin, Allen Bailey and Colin McCarthy. Certainly not sure fire 1st rounders but certain solid players that should fall in the 2-4 round range within the next year or 2. (Plus there should be a few low round guys mixed in there as well.)

Not bad for a team that player the most freshmen in the country last year and who's biggest talent base is still at least 3 years away from going Pro.

Get off your soap box joey, I know what miami has accomplished I'm not downplaying anything. I'm just saying, while miami has been arguably the greatest cfb program for the last 10 years, I would'nt be surprised to see them stay at the state they are at now for a lil while. The one thing with streaks is....they end, and sometimes it takes a lil while to comeback to where you were in the past (especially if expectations are high). The good thing for miami is they'll always have talent, the bad part is...talent isn't the problem.

Now with all that said, does miami have a great chance of rebounding this year and become serious title contenders the next, probably more than likely...but if they don't, I would'nt be surprised at all. It's like what you say all the time about not calling things "locks", would'nt you agree?

Comment

I'm just saying, while miami has been arguably the greatest cfb program for the last 10 years, I would'nt be surprised to see them stay at the state they are at now for a lil while. The one thing with streaks is....they end, and sometimes it takes a lil while to comeback to where you were in the past (especially if expectations are high). The good thing for miami is they'll always have talent, the bad part is...talent isn't the problem.
          We have been on that down cycle streak for 5 years now, and yes talent HAS absolutely been the problem in Miami, Larry Coker was a horrible recruiter and did not understand how to build a college football team. We are just now getting back the type of talent we are used to starting with the 2008 class.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            We have been on that down cycle streak for 5 years now, and yes talent HAS absolutely been the problem in Miami, Larry Coker was a horrible recruiter and did not understand how to build a college football team. We are just now getting back the type of talent we are used to starting with the 2008 class.

You guys were still pumping out nfl talent, not as much, but way more than any average program. You dont need to put out 6 first rounders to validate talent lol.
            Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 03-09-2009, 03:10 AM.

Comment

You dont need to put out 6 first rounders to validate talent lol.
              haha see I lol at this statement only because as stupid as it sounds... in a way...yes we do! That's why our slogan is "it's a U thing, you wouldn't understand" because we fully expect to be on a completely different level than anyone else in the college football world. It literally starts out at the miami dade pee wee level and just builds up from there. That is why it sickens UM fans to see UF on a higher level than us right now as it should never be that way. Gainesville will always be Canesville no matter what one season says.

Comment

only for this coming draft and probably next years, but after that I full expect us to see us dominating the NFL draft once again. I wish this thread was called "Future NFL'ers from the 2008 class from your team" then you would see some real Miami arrogance show up lol.
                I think we have more top talent in this year's class than last year's. Last year's class is stocked full of future NFL guys but few have 1st round potential.

Jacory Harris, Aldarius Johnson, Travis Benjamin, LaRon Byrd, Thearon Collier, Ben Jones, Andrew Smith, Sean Spence, Brandon Harris, and many more.....all solid football players but not really top NFL talents, at least not yet. Same with Vaughn Telemaque who's a great player but lacks speed.

Only Marcus Robinson, Marcus Forston and Arthur Brown (projection) have 1st round written all over them. Robinson as a 3-4 OLB, Forston as an UT and Brown as a versatile LB.

This year's class is filled with potential studs (quality), albeit the quantity of future NFLers is lower. All 2/3 RBs are 1st round talents. Brandon Washington looks like he'll be a great mauler and a possible 1st day pick. Dyron Dye and Ray Ray Armstrong should become gifted pass rushers, while Olivier Vernon is well-developed physically. Curtis Porter is your prototypical NT and those always get overvalued. McGee and Reid are great athletes in different ways. Prince Kent has a lot of potential at S.

JMO, but the 09 class has more guys with high ceilings. 08 class is more of the "good college player, decent NFL player" kind.

2010 will beat them both :)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  I think we have more top talent in this year's class than last year's. Last year's class is stocked full of future NFL guys but few have 1st round potential.

Jacory Harris, Aldarius Johnson, Travis Benjamin, LaRon Byrd, Thearon Collier, Ben Jones, Andrew Smith, Sean Spence, Brandon Harris, and many more.....all solid football players but not really top NFL talents, at least not yet. Same with Vaughn Telemaque who's a great player but lacks speed.

Only Marcus Robinson, Marcus Forston and Arthur Brown (projection) have 1st round written all over them. Robinson as a 3-4 OLB, Forston as an UT and Brown as a versatile LB.

This year's class is filled with potential studs (quality), albeit the quantity of future NFLers is lower. All 2/3 RBs are 1st round talents. Brandon Washington looks like he'll be a great mauler and a possible 1st day pick. Dyron Dye and Ray Ray Armstrong should become gifted pass rushers, while Olivier Vernon is well-developed physically. Curtis Porter is your prototypical NT and those always get overvalued. McGee and Reid are great athletes in different ways. Prince Kent has a lot of potential at S.

JMO, but the 09 class has more guys with high ceilings. 08 class is more of the "good college player, decent NFL player" kind.

2010 will beat them both :)
                  I get what you're saying. The most productive guys from the 08 class may not be the top end NFL prospects we are used to. Spence, AJ, Jacory, Benjamin...agreed.

A couple guys though I think have some high end NFL potential to add to your list are Tommy Streeter and Laron Byrd. Both have the size combined with very good speed.

Comment

I get what you're saying. The most productive guys from the 08 class may not be the top end NFL prospects we are used to. Spence, AJ, Jacory, Benjamin...agreed.

A couple guys though I think have some high end NFL potential to add to your list are Tommy Streeter and Laron Byrd. Both have the size combined with very good speed.
                    Yeah I thought about Byrd. Problem is, last year he was purely a possession receiver. He only ran fades, hitches and curl routes. Same with Aldarius. I'd like to see Byrd get into space and prove himself running a full route tree (woohooWhipple) and making plays all over the field. He's built like a ************, he's smooth and he can catch. I think he's a Day One pick at least as he has the most physical ability of our WRs. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame Nix.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on Streeter (in the NFL). I like him as a weapon for us in college, but he's always been a 1-dimensional guy and NFL teams don't like that. He's like a poor man's James Hardy, but I think he'll get drafted higher than most expect because he's got size and apparently runs a good 40.

TBH, all our receivers from that class have NFL potential except maybe Davon Johnson. He's been kind of silent lately. Even Kendal Thompkins has been impressing lately and he will have an extra year to be "the guy" after Benjamin and Collier are gone.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I took the Miami job after 2 years with Louisiana Tech in my NCAA Dynasty...

Aldarius Johnson and Sean Spence kicked ass. Travis Benjamin transfered.

There are your predictions, mark it down.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                        I took the Miami job after 2 years with Louisiana Tech in my NCAA Dynasty...

Aldarius Johnson and Sean Spence kicked ass. Travis Benjamin transfered.

There are your predictions, mark it down.
                        You're not allowed to play with Miami!

Comment

I used to play as the Gators in NCAA 08 because their playbook rox in that game. Then I realized the magnitude of my actions and started using other teams (WVU, OkSt, Navy) with the UF playbook. Never again will I run up 100-0 scores on teams with Tebow (this was pre-lovefest though) and the ***tors.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You're not allowed to play with Miami!
                            Fine, I will take back the three straight national championships I won. And did I mention the 10 5*'s and 10 4*'s in the recruiting class I just had? I'll play with just about anyone really, except non-Gator SEC teams and FSU. I refuse to whomp on the Gators every year in that game.

Comment

Braveheart,

You either completely misunderstood my point or I didn't make it clear enough. But we are on the same page. Miami will not produce NFL talent at the same level as in the past. But neither will any other program. I think that level is unlikely to get reached anytime soon.

As for talent not being the problem in Miami. You couldnt be more wrong on that. Lack of talent and poor recruiting was 100 percent responsible for the downturn in Miami football.

Don't look at us putting out a couple 1st rounders every year as evidence at we had talent.

We had a couple players every year but there was zero depth to speak of and tons of busts.

Look at our newest recruiting classes just to get feel for how bad an issue our talent and depth was.

7 WR in one class (2008) would never happen to good talent and depth. They wouldn't need to get that drastic.

We took 5 LBs in the 2008 class as well just to make up for the lack of depth and talent at LB. Yet we were still able to produce Tavares Gooden. That doesn't mean we had good LBs. It means we had a good player. But we still sorely lacked talent at that position.

Anyone that thinks Miami had talent and depth during the last 6 or so year downturn has no idea of what has been going on with the Miami program.

Comment

Guys slow your roll on the 2008 class not having high ceiling caliber players.

Sean Spence to me has Ernie Sims written all over him. Ernie was a top 10 pick.

In all honesty, you guys are telling me you can't see guys like Travis Benjamin, Marcus Forston, Vaughn Telemaque, Arthur Brown, Marcus Robinson go the route of guys like Jeremy Maclin, Glenn Dorsey, William Moore, Keith Rivers, and Anthony Spencer respectively?

All are possible. Plus don't sleep on guys like Cookie, Brandon Harris, Tommy Streeter, LaRon Byrd, Aldarius Johnson, Ben Jones, Andrew Smith, Micanor Regis and a few others becoming mid round picks to compliment a handful of top guys the 2008 class could produce.

Remember these guys are just freshmen. The sky is the limit for them. When Sean Taylor was a freshman, everyone wrote him off because he didn't see the field. Let these kids develop. There is plenty to work with and tons of potential for them to turn into top tier NFL talents. They are all on their way if their freshman year is any indication.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information