Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

How do I get a recruit recruited?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a recruit recruited?

My friend is a 6'4, 190lbs Sophmore QB with a big arm, how do I get schools to pay attention to him? We live in Canada and we don't often get players go to the States, but I honestly believe that he could play for a major program, in the provincial championship he scored 7 TDs(5 pass, 2 run) with no turnovers. He has not been proactive in getting recruiting and I was wondering what can I do to help him?

Post a video of his forty time comparing to Reggie Bush.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I am a failure. Wow.

Meant for that to go in the recruiting thread. Sorry.
      Last edited by sbh15; 11-14-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

IIRC, Sophomores can't really be recruited that heavily until their Junior seasons. Questionnaires are his best friend though.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

his best interest is too look into schools, and fill out those recruiter questionnares..

then he should have his coach send game film to recruiters..

but he should start off by sending them to d3, d2, d1aa schools

Comment

get game film and send it to recruiting services. Scout & Rivals general forums will have someone who will help you further though. but make sure you have film, its vital

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Tell people he knows Jordy Nelson.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Honestly, he needs to go to camps in the states. Going to college camps is a great way to get noticed and see how he stacks up to other QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                  Honestly, he needs to go to camps in the states. Going to college camps is a great way to get noticed and see how he stacks up to other QBs.
                  Exactly. One of my buddies went to camp after camp and he was getting noticed by his junior year by BCS schools. Also send out game film early in the process, my buddy waited way too long to do it, and by then most schools had all their slots filled up. And he was told by some other BCS schools that he would have been their top LB recruit but he had to wait till next year to get an offer, but he managed to find a d1 school with an opening and now he's at Utah State.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I told him to get a highlight film ready, and that he should go to camps this summer, but I've never heard of questionaires. How would he get one, just email the football program?

Comment

most college's team's sites have a prospective student athlete questionnaire.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Should he be filling those out for major programs, or d2, d3 teams? Or should he just fill out as many as he can?

Comment

have him just fill out as many as possible, and have him send his stuff to rivals and scout and all that to be evaluated. If he's good, someone will get him.

Comment

Originally posted by mat33 View Post
                            My friend is a 6'4, 190lbs Sophmore QB with a big arm, how do I get schools to pay attention to him? We live in Canada and we don't often get players go to the States, but I honestly believe that he could play for a major program, in the provincial championship he scored 7 TDs(5 pass, 2 run) with no turnovers. He has not been proactive in getting recruiting and I was wondering what can I do to help him?
                            Never gunna happen. Sorry to come out and say it.

The only recruits to come out of Canada on a consistant basis are O-Linemen. Not often will skill position guys make it down here and never has a QB ever done it. Just look at the CFL.. its Canada's own league and there are no Canadian QB's in it.
                            The best your friend may be able to hope for is CIS or NAIA. If he truly displays that he has an absolute canon at an American camp that may get him a perfered walk-on offer from a NCAA school, but then again i doubt it... there are too many strong armed kids already down here.

Comment

No Harm in filling out questionares. Just to get his name in the databases. Get him a Rivals and Scout profile. Attend some camps in the US this summer. Call around. Most of the people that you see going to D1 Programs didn't do it by sitting around and praying. Get a highlight tape on the internet

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information