Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever. They can still sign 25 guys a year and then cut the dead weight. Very little is going to change. Those teams usually signed about that many per year anyways. Most schools usually sign 25 one year, 20 another year, maybe even 18 or so another year. Only the oversigners sign 25-28 every single year. Total BS. The NCAA needs to do something about these kids already on scholarship getting kicked off the team. People wonder why LSU and Alabama and Auburn, etc. are playing in the title game every year and putting more people into the NFL now.
    Last edited by keylime_5; 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellojello View Post
      I'm hearing 700k+ for this guy. Definitely hurts Cal, but not sure how much it will help UW. Now I know Sark is smoking something.
      Might as well spend a few more dollars and buy the State of California. All of their coaching hires so far are people who have top notch recruiting resumes , so I guess they are trying to go really hard on that side.

Comment

• Penn State offered OL named Wendy.

http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157...=1&nid=5882731

I bet this kid has A LOT of stored up anger.

Comment

• When's signing day? What's your guys' prediction on DGB?

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
            Might as well spend a few more dollars and buy the State of California. All of their coaching hires so far are people who have top notch recruiting resumes , so I guess they are trying to go really hard on that side.
            Jake Locker wonders where is this money coming from and why wasn't it available when he was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              When's signing day? What's your guys' prediction on DGB?
              Feb 1st I think and Arkansas.

Comment

• signing day is always the first wednesday in february.

general consensus seems to be DGB to the Razorbacks. Would fit in well with Bobby Petrino's offense and I would wager the kid will have a monster freshman year with Tyler Wilson throwing to him - similar to what AJ Green did as a freshman with Matthew Stafford tossing him the rock.

Comment

• NO!

The Answer we were looking for was "Missouri Tigers".......Missouri tigers there. Thanks for playing though.

Comment

• It's only 1 game but I wasn't that impressed with DGB in the Army game. He needs to add some muscle which I'm sure he'll do quick enough.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Perkins commits to OSU today according to ESPN.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Armond also said that the news of former Cal defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi leaving to Washington meant that the Golden Bears were no longer a school of choice for Arik Armstead.
                        Looks like ND's gonna get this guy

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                          or auburn, theyre seeing if armond can get a waiver or else they would already be at ND

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
                            Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              i would love it but i dont think so tbqh

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• 5* Bounty

TIFWIW, but I am hearing from a pretty reliable source that Tosh Lupoi will get a bonus for every 4* or 5* he recruits to UDUB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information