Announcement

Collapse

***Recruiting Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING***

The recruiting forum has gotten out of hand and we need to fix this right now. I admit that I myself may have slipped up in the past, but not anymore. The recruiting forum is not exempt from the rules for the rest of the forums. This is not a new rule, just a clarification of an existing one.

Links:

No factual information can be posted without a link to the source of that information. This means any time a player commits to a school, names a leader, drops a school from his list, etc. you must provide a link with your post. If you do not have a valid link supporting your information then keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't need to link to your own personal opinions. Just make it clear that they are your opinions.

Acceptable Sources:

Most online newspapers and websites are acceptable. No premium information (info that you pay for) is to be posted. The only exception to that rule is if the information you are posting is in the header of a premium article, which is free for all to read. If the information is hidden behind the words "click here to subscribe," then don't even bother. Websites such as Buckeye Planet, IrishEvy, and MGoBlog are acceptable. However, only information from the articles/interviews/blog posts from these sites are permissible. Any information obtain on one of these sites' message boards should be assumed to be unreliable (even if you yourself trust it). Anything posted on Facebook is private information and should be treated that way.

Disciplinary Action:

Since this is a fresh reminder, everyone gets one freebie. The first time you break this rule, you will have your post deleted and that is it. If you break it a second time, your post will be deleted and you will get a warning. If you ignore the warning and break it a third time, you will receive an infraction.

Remember, these are Scott Wright's rules not mine. We want everyone to still have fun, but we can't keep ignoring the rules of the website.
See more
See less

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mellojello View Post
    Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.
    we all know its sarks offense though so the OC is really just a guy who can develop people i would think.


    RIP, Sean Taylor.

    Comment


    • Any Gators fans want to make a bet Nelson Agoholar ends up at USC? :D

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Complex View Post
        Jake Locker wonders where is this money coming from and why wasn't it available when he was there.
        Well if Jake Locker had all these resources he wouldn't have lasted till the Titans pick ;) . But yeah, Sark and Locker for all 5 years would have been ridiculous.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mellojello View Post
          Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.


          Originally posted by critesy View Post
          we all know its sarks offense though so the OC is really just a guy who can develop people i would think.
          Yeah Sark's still the playcaller. Its more about a push to 2013 though, no Barkley , USC feels the bite of losing all those scholarships a heck a lot more and Pac-12 being much more wide open and Price hopefully in his senior year. I think they realize its going to be a down year for their class anyway. Hopefully Zach Banner or Shaq Thompson decide to change their minds.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
            Yeah Sark's still the playcaller. Its more about a push to 2013 though, no Barkley , USC feels the bite of losing all those scholarships a heck a lot more and Pac-12 being much more wide open and Price hopefully in his senior year. I think they realize its going to be a down year for their class anyway. Hopefully Zach Banner or Shaq Thompson decide to change their minds.
            That's exactly the strategy a school like Washington should take. Have a peak every 3 or 4 years vs the every year target that works for a very few major programs.

            It's not like I'm talking about sacrificing the other seasons, just about building a team that will have all of the parts every 3 years or so.

            There are only so many 5 and 4 star players, and only a few schools are going to get those each and every year.

            Comment


            • Cane fans, what are you hearing about Reggie Northrup? He is visiting FSU this weekend, and I think we have a good chance of turning him.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                Any Gators fans want to make a bet Nelson Agoholar ends up at USC? :D
                i'm pretty sure florida gets him, but i wouldn't bet on it (since it's recruiting and a month from now he could be feeling uga for all we know *knocks on wood*)

                Comment


                • apparently auburn commit jaquay williams (edit) was supposed to ov to florida today. hopefully we can flip him (not holding my breath, though) because nelson agholor apparently got his mom to visit cali with him and she may sign off on him going there. distance is the real question here.

                  edit: disregard that. no visit this weekend. usc still looks good for nelson, unfortunately
                  Last edited by sbh15; 01-28-2012, 06:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hines
                    GA S Jordan Moore is visiting this weekend. This kid has blown up and I loved his senior film. He is visiting with a teammate and I wouldn't be surprised if he commits on his visit. I'd LOVE the pick up.
                    kids got sick film for safety. really want him to come to auburn.


                    RIP, Sean Taylor.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by critesy View Post
                      kids got sick film for safety. really want him to come to auburn.
                      Yeah he didn't end up visiting. It sucks. I really wanted him especially this late. Looks like he's going to Auburn.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sbh15
                        3* qb skyler mornhinweg, a penn state commit, flips to florida. i think this was pease's guy
                        He left because the new coaches got another QB and wanted Skyler to play S. IIRC, doesn't Florida want him at S too?

                        Comment


                        • FSU offered a grayshirt to 6'8, 330 lb OL Adam Duckett to come in for January. I am sure some will say this is an evil practice and either take him now or don't bother. However in this kid's case, his ACT jumped from 13 to 20 which means the NCAA will definitely flag him and likely hold up his enrollment anyways, so it seems like a smart move to me as there is little chance he'd actually be able to go in August.

                          K Roberto Aguayo will also Grayshirt. Another move that makes sense as when he enrolls in January Dustin Hopkins will have run out of eligibility and he'll enter the spring as the kicker and thus not burn a year of eligibility as a Redshirt.

                          I know people hate the practice, but there are legitimate applications for it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                            FSU offered a grayshirt to 6'8, 330 lb OL Adam Duckett to come in for January. I am sure some will say this is an evil practice and either take him now or don't bother. However in this kid's case, his ACT jumped from 13 to 20 which means the NCAA will definitely flag him and likely hold up his enrollment anyways, so it seems like a smart move to me as there is little chance he'd actually be able to go in August.

                            K Roberto Aguayo will also Grayshirt. Another move that makes sense as when he enrolls in January Dustin Hopkins will have run out of eligibility and he'll enter the spring as the kicker and thus not burn a year of eligibility as a Redshirt.

                            I know people hate the practice, but there are legitimate applications for it.
                            Actually, I think greyshirts are an entirely acceptable practice, so long as you tell the kid before he sings his LOI. If a kid has to wait a year to get his scholarship, and he's ok with that, I don't mind. Just don't pull his scholarship once he's part of the team.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sbh15
                              i can't help but think some of that is on uf's coaches, though. after every visit he would reaffirm his commitment to fsu. unless he's more talented at bullshitting than he is at football, i don't see how they could have bought that he was interested every time.
                              I honestly wonder how much of this was Jimbo using the kid to screw with Muschamp and waste UF's time while he focused on other prospects like Tracy Howard and JHC. It seemed, and I could be wrong, whenever UF was meeting and wasting their time with Fowler that FSU was meeting with another prospect both schools were after.

                              Comment


                              • FSU commitment 4* WR/ATH Marvin Bracy ran a 6.08 55m at an Indoor Meet this weekend, which would the the fastest in the world this Indoor Season. He wants to make the Olympic team this summer in the 100m.

                                Safe to say he has a 99 speed and acceleration rating in NCAA 13?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information