-***The Bow's 2008 NFL Mock Draft***-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -***The Bow's 2008 NFL Mock Draft***-

I've kinda disappeared for a while, but I'm back with a VERY Premature Look at next year's draft. Could be very good... could be very bad... we will see.

1 Vikings Andre Woodson Quarterback Kentucky
    2 Buccanneers Jake Long Offensive Tackle Michigan
    3 Titans Darren McFadden Running Back Arkansas
    4 Redskins Calais Campbell Defensive End Miami
    5 Falcons Brian Brohm Quarterback Louisville
    6 Raiders Glen Dorsey Defensive Tackle Louisiana State
    7 Cowboys (v/Browns) DeSean Jackson Wide Reciever California
    8 Texans Kenny Phillips Safety Miami
    9 Chiefs Sam Baker Offensive Tackle Southern California
    10 Lions Antoine Cason Cornerback Arizona
    11 Jaguars Derrick Harvey Defensive End Florida
    12 Giants Dan Connor Outside Linebacker Penn State
    13 Bills Limas Sweed Wide Reciever Texas
    14 Cardinals Brian Cushing Outside Linebacker Southern California
    15 Dolphins Rey Maualuga Inside Linebacker Southern California
    16 Packers Jonathan Stewart Running Back Oregon
    17 Jets Chris Long Defensive End Virginia
    18 Bears James Laurinaitis Linebacker Ohio State
    19 Patriots (V/49er's) Malcolm Jenkins Cornerback Ohio State
    20 Broncos Steve Slaton Running Back West Virginia
    21 Cowboys Frank Okam Defensive Tackle Texas
    22 Steelers Justin King Cornerback Penn State
    23 Bengals Keith Rivers Outside Linebacker Southern California
    24 Panthers Andre Fluellen Defensive Tackle Florida State
    25 Ravens Barry Richardson Offensive Tackle Clemson
    26 Eagles Michael Oher Offensive Lineman Ole Miss.
    27 Seahawks John Carlson Tight End Notre Dame
    28 49ers (v/Colts) Tyson Jackson Defensive End Louisiana State
    29 Rams Early Doucet Wide Reciever Louisiana State
    30 Chargers Jonathan Hefney Safety Tennessee
    31 Saints Sedrick Ellis Defensive Tackle Southern California
    32 Patriots Jasper Brinkley Inside Linebacker South Carolina

Let me know what you think everyone!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Sweed would be a nice compliment to evans on teh other side... but i would much rather have adarius Bowman.... or a cornerback or linebacker or even a defeisive lineman with that pick

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I can honestly say I don't know a thing about Rivers but if he's a WLB then I'm all for it. I don't think Marvin will go after a player for SLB this year given what Jeanty has done there and the potential that Henderson is flashing.

Comment

Limas Sweed bbbbboooooooooooo

Comment

All these mock drafts with the Bills taking a WR, they have a good young core and Buffalo wont want to waste a first rounder on a position that is in pretty good shape. I they are going either line, moreso Oline in the first though I wouldnt be surprised to see them take a LB to team with rising stars Crowell and Poz.

Comment

Might want to do a bit more homework on the status of the Bills needs.

First of all, we definitely DO NOT have a good young core at wr. True, we've got Evans, who's a bonafide #1 and hopefully will be for a long time. Outside of him we also have Roscoe Parrish, who's also young, but he'll forever be a slot wr due to his lack of size. Really, those are our only weapons at wr. Price and Reed would be #3 or 4 on most other teams depth charts, and neither (along w/ parrish and evans) have the size of a possession reciever capable of moving the chains and being a redzone weapon and safety blanket for Losman...a big and talented WR should definitely be viewed as a need, whether they view it as a big enough need to use a 1st rounder on, remains to be seen. Right now Marcus Monk in the 2nd or 3rd sounds awfully appealing.

Our DLine IS a need, so you got that part right, but it seems like our OL is pretty set right now. We just spent a buttload of $$ on Dock (LG) and Walk (RT), have a probowler in Peters at LT, seem to really like fowler in the middle, and also seem to be comfortable with the comittee at RG for now. Additionally, we have pretty good young depth with Pennington being able to play either tackle spot in a pinch and a 4 or 5 man rotation in the middle. You could make a claim that RG is a need, but it CERTAINLY isn't more of a need than DL. We're shallow at DE and, outside of Shoebel, are lacking in talent and athleticsm. DT is also shallow right now, and it seems that no one has really emerged as a solid starter, with Tripplet, McCargo and Williams all showing flashes of greatness and inconsistency...If Glenn Dorsey were available, he'd be a pretty good bet to be a Bill next year.

It seems the coaches are real happy w/ our LBing core too. While they may not be stars, guys like Kieth Ellison (as a starter) and Coy Wire, John Digiorgio and Mario Hagan (backups and special teams play) provide enough production to keep us at very worst decent. If a superstar OLB was there it's certainly a possibility...no one saw the Whitner pick coming, so I suppose i wouldn't rule ANYTHING out, but OLB doesn't seem to be a huge need either.

Needs you probably should have mentioned (along w/ DL and WR)... Pass catching/redzone threat TE, and a solid cb.

Comment

Im not a big fan of Stewart but nice Packers pick

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I really don't think the Broncos would draft Slaton, for kinda the same reason that I thought Reggie would be bad for the Texans. He's a back that isn't especially patient and his ability to grind it out for four or five yards every time isn't exactly a sure thing. That's not really what you want from a ZBS back.

That's the only pick that really stands out to me. Everything's up in the air at this point obviously though.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  Im not a big fan of Stewart but nice Packers pick
                  same thing here

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

This looks great, nice job, too bad their are too many Buffalo fan nay sayers.....and by too many i mean two.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Good Seahawks pick dont know too much about John Carlson other than he is probably one of the top two TEs in the upcoming draft.... does anyone have a comparison to him?

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Steelers don't need a first round corner.

We need a premier pass rusher on the Right side.. Give us Vernon Gholston or Tommy Blake.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

If the Bucs are picking that high we need to take a QB so Brian Brohm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                            Steelers don't need a first round corner.

We need a premier pass rusher on the Right side.. Give us Vernon Gholston or Tommy Blake.
                            No.... you drafted Timmons for the Weakside this year and Woodley for the Strongside, those are your future outside pass rushers. Other than that you have Arnold Harrison, James Harrison, & Clark Haggans on the outside, I would say a pass rushing outside backer is the least of your team needs. I even thought tagging two pass rushers with your first two picks this year was a little excessive, so I doubt they would do that next year as well.

A top flight cornerback would be much more probable there considering how high you guys were on Darrelle Revis, and probably would have taken him if it wasn't for the Jets trading up and snatching him right from underneath you. Tell me the last time you had a cornerback that was anymore than average.. I BEG YOU. Enough said.

A top guard like Michael Oher or Will Arnold would be a strong possibility as well seeing as how Faneca looks more and more likely to be heading out after this season.

Just a thought.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

No.... you drafted Timmons for the Weakside this year and Woodley for the Strongside, those are your future outside pass rushers. Other than that you have Arnold Harrison, James Harrison, & Clark Haggans on the outside, I would say a pass rushing outside backer is the least of your team needs. I even thought tagging two pass rushers with your first two picks this year was a little excessive, so I doubt they would do that next year as well.

No.... We drafted Timmons to be a future Mac LB. The idea was use him as a 3rd down cover or speed rusher this season, but train him for Mac. Once Farrior retires they're moving Foote to Buck, Timmons to Mac. So We still need a top flight Weakside pass rusher. Haggans is a UFA after this season and we're big on not giving 3rd contracts. James Harrison could show potential but I think he was a great Utility spot starter, not a full-timer. And Harrison is merely depth, he's ok but nothing that you want starting.

A top flight cornerback would be much more probable there considering how high you guys were on Darrelle Revis, and probably would have taken him if it wasn't for the Jets trading up and snatching him right from underneath you. Tell me the last time you had a cornerback that was anymore than average.. I BEG YOU. Enough said.

Rod Woodson. That wasn't that difficult. We still have to see the effects of Tomlins tutelage on the secondary. In fact, I know it's just pre-season but this is the best i've ever seen the defense play. We still have Ricardo Colclough and Bryant McFadden.. former 2nd rounders coming up.. and we have Anthony Madison and William *** as developing. Jim Wexall said (Who got it from Tomlin) That Revis was a backup in case we couldn't get Timmons. Only because he would've been BPA. Ike Taylor played Lights out in 05. I think with Timmons/Woodley as rushers this year.. coupled with LeBeaus new wrinkles I think our DB's are fine. I think a mid round developmental prospect is more important than adding a top tier CB(4th or 5th rounder like Mike Jenkins of USF, or Darnell Terrell of Mizzou). Ironically.. We won the superbowl with a less than stellar CB group.. yet when we had Lake, Woodson and Co. We lost the superbowl.. food for thought.

A top guard like Michael Oher or Will Arnold would be a strong possibility as well seeing as how Faneca looks more and more likely to be heading out after this season.

I like those guys and I'm open to OL thought. However I think the OL depth in this draft is deep enough that we can grab a top tier pass rusher and answer LG/RT in rounds 2-3. A guy like Heath Benedict, Adam Kraus, Jordan Grimes, Will Arnold could be around in rounds 2-3.. as well as Gosder Cherilous, John Greco, Jeff Otah.

We Need a premier OLB.. if we get a great pass rush, our zone blitz will be more effective. In fact that was the premises of it's design. You don't need top tier corners to run it. Just solid corners that allow your dangerous LB core to get to the QB. Well Adding Gholston/Blake would give us a dangerous LB core.

Just a thought.

I have no problem with suggestions or thoughts, but it's as if you're telling me whats best for my team. I study Pittsburgh and read about them daily.. I know whats going on.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information