I don't normally do mocks.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't normally do mocks.....

But the Bears are depressing me right now. And when depressed it's always nice to think of potential draft picks next year. Anyway..here's a brief mock. I'd say be polite but I really don't care.

1)Bills - Jake Long. They might go QB, but I'd lean O-line.
    2)Raiders- McFadden. If I was the Raiders I'd actually go for Dorsey, as I think they have bigger problems on defense, but I don't think that's what they'll do.
    3)Falcons- Brohm. Seems obvious, which means it likely won't happen.
    4)Dolphins- Dorsey. That D-line is old as sin.
    5)Cowboys (via Browns)- Kenny Phillips. Secondary is terrible.
    6)Giants- Calais Campbell- Top prospect, replaces Strahan.
    7)Rams- Sam Baker. Assuming that Pace is done.
    8)Saints- Dan Conner. They need linebackers dearly.
    9)Vikings- Andre Woodson. Tavaris Jackson sucks.
    10)Chiefs- Ryan Clady. O-line help.
    11)Cardinals- Chris Long. Hustle guy...might help transition to the 3-4.
    12)Jets- Desean Jackson. Clemmens needs weapons.
    13)Detroit- Derrick Harvey. Lots of holes on this defense, but a legit pass rusher is needed for Marinelli's defense. Kalimba Edwards doens't cut it. "The Animal" would be a good fit here too.
    14)Cincy- Sedrick Ellis. Beastly.
    15)Tennessee- Steve Slaton. It's not that I don't like Lendale, it's that I think he works better in tandom. With he, Slaton, and Young they can run the ball down people's throats.
    16)Chicago- Matt Ryan. He can actually see over the offensive lineman!! Of course Lovie will probably push for another D-lineman.
    17)Washington- Gosder Cherilus. It seems that Jansen can never stay healthy, and as long as Gibbs is there they'll need some big hog-mollys.
    18)Houston- Limas Sweed. This is turning out to be a good team. But they need another WR across from Johnson. Why not bring in another Texan?
    19)Broncos- Keith Rivers- the offense probably needs more help than the defense, but there isn't much available at this point.
    20)New England (from San Fran)- James Laurinaitis- Some punishment eh?
    21)Tampa Bay- Frank Okam. The defense is actually playing at a high level but they're getting older and are relatively easy to run on.
    22)Carolina- Malcolm Jenkins- Their secondary needs all the help it can get.
    23)Jacksonville- Colt Brennan. I don't know what to make of the Jaguars, or Brennan. This probably won't happen, but that defense is too good for a mediocre QB.
    24)Philadelphia- Quentin Groves. He'd be a great value here. Javon Kearse and Darren Howard have never fully earned their paychecks.
    25)San Diego- Antonine Cason. This secondary needs help.
    26)Baltimore- Tommy Blake. See Scott's comments.
    27)Seattle- John Carlson. Makes sense here for a lot of reasons.
    28)Green Bay- Aqib Talib. They need youth and depth at the corner position.
    29)San Fran (via Ind)- Earley Doucet. Another target for Alex Smith to not throw to.
    30)Pittsburgh- Barry Richardson- Big Mauler type for the RT position.
    31)Dallas- Terrell Thomas. Plays the nickel for now, but could challenge Henry.
    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Justin Tuck is our replacement at DE and Kiwi will move back after this year (hopefully). Even though we need defense more, I would take Baker, but consider reaching for Keith Rivers.

NO DE!!! =D

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Justin Tuck is our replacement at DE and Kiwi will move back after this year (hopefully). Even though we need defense more, I would take Baker, but consider reaching for Keith Rivers.

NO DE!!! =D
      Keith Rivers would be a huge reach at this point.

Baker would be a fine pick, and I don't disagree, but equating Tuck to Campbell is silly. Tuck would be an ok starting DE, and is a good 3rd DE, but when you get the chance to draft a lights out DE you don't not do it cause you have Justin Tuck.

But yeah..Baker would be fine too.

Comment

Hopefully some Rams fans can confirm or deny this, but I believe Alex Barron (a left tackle the Rams drafted in the 1st round a few years ago) has actually played pretty well since moving to left tackle after Pace went down to injury. The problems have been elsewhere along the line.

And I don't think a team drafts Baker to play right tackle, though more foolish decisions have been made on draft day. That's probably the area where Baker goes though.

And the Jets have MUCH bigger needs than Desean Jackson, I would think. As in fielding a competent defense. But again, that's probably where Jackson will go.

Nice job.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

can't argue with mcfadden even though we have bigger needs like you said. good draft.

Comment

We can still get a few more years out of Todd Wade. I still think we go DE first round, and OT second, but based on BPA they can go either way.

Comment

the Giants taking a DE is one of the worst ways to go. They would start Tuck or start Kiwi there. We need a CB or LB, we'd probably trade down(or up for Philips) maybe take Connor
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Slaton for the Titans is an interesting pick.

As of right now, the Titans don't have a glaring need, possibly except for WR. Though, a few positions could be upgraded. RB could be one of them, since Chris Brown is a FA next year and may decide to leave at a chance to be more of a featured back. Not to mention, I don't see a player left on the board that is a must have and there would still be chances to assess positions in the later rounds (Hopefully WR in round 2). The only question is Chris Henry, and how he'll pan out. But currently, most Titans fans are viewing him as a wasted 2nd round pick.

Slaton is the definition of a big play threat. Him, White, and Young would go wild. Not mention, the transfer for Slaton going from one mobile QB to another would be easy. You're definitely thinking outside of the box, bearsfan. Nice pick.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I don't do trades. If Phillips was available I'd have taken him for the Giants.

Connor is a possibility, but 6th seems high for an OLB that doesn't have elite skills. Same with Baker, who Geo pointed out, has questions about playing Left Tackle.

Tuck to me just seems like the stereotypical fan response "we don't need elite draft pick, we have so and so that only our own fans think is special".
                  It happens all the time. Just like the Vikings took Adrian Peterson when they already had Chester Taylor. 9 times out of 10 the smart teams will take the most elite prospect available. Especially in the top 10 where $$$ makes a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    Slaton for the Titans is an interesting pick.

As of right now, the Titans don't have a glaring need, possibly except for WR. Though, a few positions could be upgraded. RB could be one of them, since Chris Brown is a FA next year and may decide to leave at a chance to be more of a featured back. Not to mention, I don't see a player left on the board that is a must have and there would still be chances to assess positions in the later rounds (Hopefully WR in round 2). The only question is Chris Henry, and how he'll pan out. But currently, most Titans fans are viewing him as a wasted 2nd round pick.

Slaton is the definition of a big play threat. Him, White, and Young would go wild. Not mention, the transfer for Slaton going from one mobile QB to another would be easy. You're definitely thinking outside of the box, bearsfan. Nice pick.
                    Thanks. I just feel like with VY's limited throwing ability (at least right now) why spend a bunch of 1st rounders on wide recievers? Didn't we see the results with Mike Vick? If the Titans are going to be a running team, embrace that. Get a guy like Slaton that compliments Lendale very well and throw a bunch of packages at teams. Not to mention the O-Line is made for a rushing offense.

I dunno...just my thoughts.

Comment

Meh, not a pick i'd want but in that situation i don't really see a better option

Sig by Me

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Thanks. I just feel like with VY's limited throwing ability (at least right now) why spend a bunch of 1st rounders on wide recievers? Didn't we see the results with Mike Vick? If the Titans are going to be a running team, embrace that. Get a guy like Slaton that compliments Lendale very well and throw a bunch of packages at teams. Not to mention the O-Line is made for a rushing offense.

I dunno...just my thoughts.
                        My sentiments exactly. Though, we haven't had a WR that demanded attention since Derrick Mason left. Many think that having a great WR who attracts a DEF's attention would benefit the offense. Because as of right now, we have no one. Also, over the past 4 years, we've drafted I think 4 WR's in the 3rd round, one in the 2nd, and 3-4 in rounds during the 2nd day. Currently, 4 of those WR's are still on the roster, and two of them were drafted in last year's draft. I think that actually drafting a polished WR in the first 2 rounds would be best. But you are correct in that this offense is a run-first offense, so great talent at that position is needed. Plus, we value defense over offense, which was apparent last year when we passed on Meachem, Bowe, and Jarrett for Michael Griffin. Though, I think Vince Young is a good passer...every other week. So maybe a great WR would help him in his consistency. I would definitely consider Adarius Bowman or Fred Bennett, if you have him declaring, in the 2nd round.

But, its nice to see you actually think about the team and how its run when you consider your picks, as opposed to most other mock makers.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Calais is a good pick but I see us taking either Baker, Malcolm Jenkins, or Dan Connor there over him.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Great pick for the Vikings. The new coach will want his own QB of the future.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Buc's could definitely use some help on the defensive line but I guess I've just never been a fan of Frank Okam.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information