weasel's mock draft 1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weasel's mock draft 1.0

Miami - stung by poor QB play and an aging OL the Dolphins must choose between Brohm and Long. While a trade here is highly probable, the Dolphins grab Brian Brohm

Buffalo - The Bills have taken steps to improve and already have a RB. Dallas might trade up to grab McFadden but if they don't the Bills take a giant step towards rebuilding the OL with Jake Long

St. Louis - Benefits by trading down one spot. New Orleans fears the Cowboys are planning to jump up and grab Darren McFadden so the Saints give up their second round pick to grab the #1 talent in the draft. Pick traded to New Orleans who selects Darren McFadden.

St. Louis the Rams need help in the secondary and grab Kenny Phillips who is the best DB in the draft.

Atlanta - The Falcons need help everywhere and they select Glenn Dorsey a peerless DT who can penetrate and control the line of scrimmage.

Dallas - Calais Campbell will make the defense better. By grabbing Campbell here and a cover corner later Dallas greatly improves its defense. Cleveland's pick for Quinn.

New York Jets - Chris Long is a great DE and he will fit the Mangini version well. It fits better than reaching for a WR.

Minnesota - If no one else sees the problem in Minnesota I do and it is at QB and WR. It would be obvious to anyone else not affiliated with the head coach that a QB is the number one need. Matt Ryan rises on draft day and becomes the second QB drafted.

Kansas City - the Chiefs must retool the OL before they fall into obscurity and waste LJ's career. Sam Baker is a touted LT to build around.

Cincinnati - By default the Bengal defense has a poor linebacking corps and Keith Rivers is a big jump ahead of all the rest of the OLB's in this draft.

Oakland needs help and Gosder Cherilous is a great run blocker. Lamont Jordan finds a benefactor.
    Philadelphia - Pulls off a homer pick in grabbing Dan Connor.

Detroit - Lions need a monster LT and Ryan Clady fits the bill perfectly. 63 sacks in 2006, and on pace for 85 in 2007. This O-line sucks.

I will return when I am able to edit and finish this post.

New England - The Patriots always seem to draft players to fit their scheme. With Tedy Bruschi winding down a great career the Patriots draft his replacement -James Laurenaitis. This is a pick they acquired through a trade.

Chicago The Bears are laboring under a poor offensive scheme and they are in need of aRB and maybe two wideouts . Griese will never lead them to a Superbowl but he is cheap enough to lead them back to the playoffs if you give them some help. The OL is aging but help is probably a year away. The Bears take the best corner available, Malcolm Jenkins, and will build through the draft and FA. (Worst possible move by the Bears was to let Thomas Jones go.)

Carolina - Carolina Panthers take a shot on Andre Woodson who has fallen farther than he imagined.

Denver - The Broncos need a WR as badly as any other position. Limas Sweed makes the most sense as Desean Jackson's stock has taken a big hit.

Arizona - The Cardinals are improving and have lots of weapons. Look for OL or DB here and best guess says the best CB/S available and that might just be Reggie Smith to play safety

Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay has so many needs they need to pick a sore spot and fill it with the best player available. At this point, Sedrick Ellis makes sense as a good fit as a Tampa 2 DT.

Houston - Jonathon Stewart is a load at RB and projects well in Houston. There is a need to get a tackle and there are several still on the board in Tony Hills and Chris Williams but they are reaches at this point.

Washington - The Redskins can go in many directions. WR and DE are the two most pressing needs. OL is another. Washington grabs the best remaining DE in the draft, Tyson Jackson.

Seattle - Jeremy Perry to replace Steve Hutchinson and keep Alexander healthy and Hasselback upright. A RB would not be amiss but Forsett and a few others will be available in the second.

San Diego - Where does this team need help? WR and DB. Adarius Bowman goes to the Bolts.

New York Giants - Giants grab a CB to fill in the Defensive Backfield. King and Mike Jenkins are still available and the Giants grab Mike Jenkins from South Florida.

Baltimore Ravens need a QB and a DE and a CB. The Ravens ask the Question Colt Brennan or Quentin Groves and go with their strength and get a pass rushing OLB/DE. Quentin Groves is the selection.

Tennessee A WR is what this offense really needs. Early Doucet is one of the best and is a good fit in Tennessee.

Green Bay - The offense needs a TE and a RB. Fred Davis and Martin Rucker would immediately become Favre's favorite targets. On the oher hand, Slaton would help the running game.. The pack takes Steve Slaton

Jacksonville I believe they take a shot at QB here and a flyer on Colt Brennan or Derrick Harvey. OL and DE are other possibilities. Colt Brennan is the selection.

Pittsburgh the Steelers must rebuild their O-line. George Robinson is a lineman who will tear your face off and Faneca is probably gone so the Steelers do some damage control.

Dallas - Selecting a corner from what remains availale will be difficult. Justin King, Antoine Cason, Dwight Lowery, Dejuan Tribble ,Agib Talib and Terrell Thomas are all possibilities. The Cowboys select Justin King.

San Francisco - Derrick Harvey is a classic tweener in the mold of Julian Peterson. This is Indy's pick traded to SF.
    Last edited by weasel; 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM. Reason: back from work.

Miami - stung by poor QB play and an aging OL the Dolphins must choose between Brohm and Long. While a trade here is highly probable, the Dolphins grab Brian Brohm

miami does not need a QB, we drafted one in the 2nd round last year that we wanted more then Quinn. We were going to trade up into the 1st round for him.

Miami wont draft a QB

Comment

Did you seriously trade a 2nd from the Saints to move up one spot to draft McFadden? Do you not remember we have Reggie Bush AND Deuce McAllister. Sure Deuce is hurt alot but there is already too much money tied up in the backs and not enough in the DBacks. Give us Dorsey or Phillips, its common sense man.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Nice try. :)

Comment

Nice Vikings Pick Matt Ryan is the perfect fit.

Comment

Atlanta - The Falcons need help everywhere but elect to select Glenn Dorsey a peerless NT who can penetrate and control the line of scrimmage.

no, nbto everywhere, btu a lot of places.. we won't waste a pick on UT Glenn Dorsey though. he isn't an NT by a logn shot. we would get an OT or QB with our first pick as those are our biggest needs.

Owner of ScarDraft
            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
              Did you seriously trade a 2nd from the Saints to move up one spot to draft McFadden? Do you not remember we have Reggie Bush AND Deuce McAllister. Sure Deuce is hurt alot but there is already too much money tied up in the backs and not enough in the DBacks. Give us Dorsey or Phillips, its common sense man.
              I didn't believe it either...

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

There is a reason I picked a QB for Miami and that is

Dolphin fans...franchise QB trumps other needs
                John Beck is not playing for you, your current QB stinks and he is still not playing. If you have an opportunity to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Do you guys really think Beck is a franchise QB? I don't, much the same as I feel the Lions wasted a pick in the second round last year on Drew Stanton.
                Saints fans...NO team needs DT, MLB, RB
                I sure did. Deuce has had the wheels come off twice in the last two years and is almost thirty. Bush is not a RB. If you want to call him one then line him up and hand him the ball. What you have is a glorified athlete who should be playing one position instead of trying to play three. Case in point, Brian Westbrook. He is what Bush should be. A RB that splits out to take advantage of his mismatch potential. Don't get me wrong. I want every pick I make to be a good one. The reason I had them trade was to keep Dallas from trading up to get McFadden, that's why it cost a second round pick.
                Atlanta fans...Which QB do you want at 005 overall? Is there a LT you want at 005? A safety that wasn't already selected. To me that means DT and Dorsey is the elite DT in this draft. Is he built like any NT you know? No, but he is the best DT available.

By the way thanks for responding.

Comment

Dear Weasel,

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

Best,

bearsfan_51

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

That's amazing, a Bear's fan that can count

Did you and and friend take off your shoes to get to 32? If you read the post it stated I left for work. Well I am back and I am continuing with the mock and when I am done there will only be 31 teams drafting in the first round. Current events doesn't seem to be your strength either. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by weasel View Post
                      Did you and and friend take off your shoes to get to 32? If you read the post it stated I left for work. Well I am back and I am continuing with the mock and when I am done there will only be 31 teams drafting in the first round. Current events doesn't seem to be your strength either. Thanks for posting.
                      It's so true. And not only can I count, I can make a mock that isn't ******** and has more analysis than:

"Pulls off a homer pick in grabbing Dan Connor"

or put together sentences that are coherent unlike:

"If no one else sees the problem in Minnesota it would be obviousto anyone else not affiliated with the head coach that a QB is the number one need."

But no...really....you should mock other people's intelligence. Great post. I'm sure you'll be around here for a long time.

Comment

yeah and if you weren't being a smarta$$

I wouldn't have responded in the way I did. I don't care how often you post, being rude means you get what you have coming. You think I didn't know there were 32 teams in the NFL. It seems like you were questioning my intelligence, while exposing your lack of manners and knowledge of NFL current events. If you are a moderator and I doubt it then have my post deleted. Otherwise, can the BS. Nobody wants to hear from you.

Comment

terrible GB pick, we just drafted a damn RB, give the dude a chance. We need CB's before Al and Charles get old and suck and so he can replace Jarrett Bush who is a big reason why we give up so many pass yards (and poor LB coverage)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Justin King > Mike Jenkins. That is all. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by weasel View Post
                              That's nice.

Your Bears pick was the dumbest pick you possibly could have made. Honestly, there isn't a dumber move possible.

We have Tillman, Vasher, and Ricky Manning Jr all under contract until at least 2010. We just gave about 30 million dollars in guaranteed money to Tillman and Vasher-both of whom are under the age of 27 I believe.

And you are giving us a corner in the 1st round when our quarterback is Brian Griese and two of our starting o-lineman are 34 and 35. Brilliant.

Unless you think Jenkins can play safety that makes no sense. Even then it's a terrible terrible pick. I'd honestly rather draft a longsnapper. At least he would play.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information