• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKs Super Bowl morning mock (1 round)

Included comments for some picks:

1. Panthers:
    A.J. Green - WR - Georgia
    (Panthers need Jimmy Clausen to become their franchise QB, and he won't have a chance without adding a significant weapon at WR.)

2. Broncos: Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU

3. Bills: Von Miller - OLB - Texas A&M

4. Bengals: Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn

5. Cardinals: Robert Quinn - OLB - North Carolina
    (CB is a possibility, but Quinn will help their defense more than Amukamara. The Cardinals take Quinn here and plan to get a CB to pair with DRC next.)

6. Browns: Marcell Dareus - DE/DT - Alabama

7. 49ers: Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

8. Titans: Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri
    (With Fisher gone, the Titans can afford to take a new franchise QB to develop as the team transitions this year with a new head coach.)

9. TRADE --> Bucs (f/ Cowboys): Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson
    (I almost never predict trades, but this one made too much sense. The Cowboys are in an awful spot for value/need, and the Bucs are licking their chops at the chance to get Bowers. Trade compensation = Cowboys swapping #9 to the Bucs for their #20 and #52. Bucs came into the draft targeting DEs, and great a great one.)

10. Redskins: Jake Locker - QB - Washington
    (I know some Redskins fans want Julio Jones here, but the Shanny/Locker rumors are too strong to ignore right now...)

11. Texans: Aldon Smith - OLB - Missouri

12. Vikings: Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas
    (I go back and forth on what my Vikings will do here, but I think they have to take a QB unless a guy falls here that really is a great value. It's Newton vs. Mallett, and I go back and forth on that, too. Mallett may have character concerns, but many agree that Newton does as well. Mallett is a better pocket-passer, and his style of play seems to be more what Bill Musgrave has had success with and will look to build to offense around.)

13. Lions: Cameron Jordan - DE - California

14. Rams: Julio Jones - WR - Alabama

15. Dolphins: Cam Newton - QB - Auburn

16. Jaguars: Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

17. Patriots (f/Raiders): Ryan Kerrigan - OLB - Purdue

18. Chargers: JJ Watt - DE - Wisconsin

19. Giants: Akeem Ayers - OLB - UCLA

20. TRADE --> Cowboys (f/ Bucs): Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin
    (Not only did this trade work out well for the Bucs, but for the Cowboys as well. They pick up a 2nd rounder, and get a nasty mauler of a RT in Carimi, filling a huge hole at an excellent value.)

21. Chiefs: Justin Houston - OLB - Georgia

22. Colts: Nate Solder - OT - Colarado

23. Eagles: Brandon Harris - CB - Miami

24. Saints: Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama
    (The Saints have been playing RB musical chairs for awhile, and their offense would really go to another level with a dependable workhorse RB.)

25. Seahawks: Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College

26. Ravens: Aaron Williams - CB - Texas

27. Falcons: Cameron Heyward - DE - Ohio State

28. Patriots: Stefen Wisniewski - C - Penn State

29. Bears: Tyron Smith - OT - USC

30. Jets: Jon Baldwin - WR - Pittsburgh
    (Looking likely that the Jets will be losing a WR, but they do well to pick up Baldwin who can step in and develop a chemistry with Sanchez.)

31. Packers: Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State
    (More important than this pick: Prediction that the Packers lose the SB.)

32. Steelers: Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Nice Patriots draft. You could argue for Sherrod or Wilkerson as well, but I like Wis.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I would be OK with Mallet. I don't love it, but I am fine with quarterback.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I'm usually not a fan of trade ups for the Bucs, because of how many needs they have but moving up for Bowers for only a second rounder would be unreal.

Comment

Perfect eagles pick.

Comment

Love the SF pick.Would be hard to pass on Jones for a CB though.

Comment

Pouncey or Sherrod > Smith

Comment

Seattle

Like the Castonzo pick, most people dont mock an O-lineman to the Hawks but they should because it is an area of concern for me, especially without a top corner available there.

I think you have the QBs slotted about right, Locker is and will be seeing his stock rise between now and draft day, Mallett is too talented to last past the middle of the first round and Newton is a gamble with only having played one year but a gamble worth taking.

The one i cant figure here is Gabbert, he has done nothing to deserve the love here and everywhere else and seems a protest pick in comparison to the rest. I think when he exposes himself to the process the average ability that he brings to the next level will come out although he is a 1st round talent i think.

Comment

love KC's pick

Comment

I would not be a sad panda if that happened for KC.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'd be very happy with that Patriots draft!

Comment

Great pick for the Saints! Fills a major need. Ingram paired with Reggie Bush and Chris Ivory would be deadly!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we go RB in the first round, I will pick a fight. We need LB/DT/DE. We can wait until the third round when we have two picks to grab an RB. Addressing the front 7 is our priority.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I would rather the Texans go with Julio Jones with the main defenders gone, but I could see them going with Aldon.

Comment

Aaron Williams is pretty meh with Heyward and Smith on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information