Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RavenOfProphecy's Mock Offseason W/ Three-Round Draft!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RavenOfProphecy's Mock Offseason W/ Three-Round Draft!

This took forever to do, but I'm finally done. I decided to do a mock offseason with some notable free agents, players who could be traded, and a three-round draft with draft-day trades included as well! Constructive criticism is appreciated, and I'll try to take it into account on my next mock. Reasoning that changes my mind about picks will earn +rep. Thanks!

RAVENOFPROPHECY'S MOCK OFFSEASON!

FREE AGENCY

Free agents are included that I felt would potentially affect the draft plans of NFL teams – guys like Ronnie Brown or Terrell Owens may not be back in town, but I doubt their signing would substantially impact what any team does in the draft. Only free agents who are changing teams were listed. I tried not to project a whole lot here considering how uncertain the entire process is. If there wasn’t a logical suitor, I didn’t include that player. Someone I’m projecting to be released is marked with an asterisk*.

QB Donovan McNabb* – Minnesota Vikings
    No assurance that the Vikings will be able to get a top quarterback prospect, and McNabb is the top free agent quarterback available.

QB Vince Young* – Buffalo Bills
    Buffalo needs to sell more tickets, so they could be pressured into taking a marketable quarterback like Young and throwing him onto the field.

RB Pierre Thomas – New England Patriots
    New England reportedly almost consummated a trade for Pierre Thomas during the season, and he would be a solid addition to their running back committee.

RB DeAngelo Williams – Washington Redskins
    Washington desperately needs to improve talent across the board and adding a workhorse running back such as Williams would substantially improve the offense.

WR Randy Moss – Chicago Bears
    Moss didn’t look very motivated this year playing for Tennessee, but he’s worth a cheap one-year deal as a deep threat in Mike Martz’s offense.

WR Terrell Owens – Cleveland Browns
    It may be risky to sign Terrell Owens, but it’s probably more risky to go into next season without giving Colt McCoy any weapons to work with.

WR Steve Smith (Giants) – Seattle Seahawks
    Pete Carroll brings in yet another former USC player, this time at the wide receiver spot opposite Big Mike Williams.

OT Jared Gaither – Buffalo Bills
    It was rumored that Buffalo was interested in trading for Gaither last year, and they might be able to get a bargain for him after he spent last year on IR.

DE Ray Edwards – Jacksonville Jaguars
    Edwards may chase the money this offseason – Minnesota can’t tag all of their top free agents. Jacksonville is certainly looking to upgrade the defensive line.

DT Shaun Rogers – New Orleans Saints
    Rogers will most likely want to sign with a contender at this age, and New Orleans could seriously use more talent in the middle of their defensive line.

LB Mathias Kiwanuka – New England Patriots
    Has the size (6’5”, 265) and versatility (experience at both defensive end and outside linebacker) to interest the Patriots as a bargain pickup.

LB Manny Lawson – Houston Texans
    Houston needs to get some pieces for their 3-4. Manny Lawson hasn’t been the most productive, but pickings could be slim this year.

CB Nnamdi Asomugha – New York Jets
    I am fully prepared to defenestrate myself the moment this happens in real life – Asomugha previously said he would like to play with Darrelle Revis.

CB Champ Bailey –Detroit Lions
    Champ could be intrigued by the way Detroit has improved under Jim Schwartz. The Lions probably won’t be able to draft a top corner and could pay one in free agency.

CB Antonio Cromartie – Oakland Raiders
    It doesn’t seem like New York is too interested in bringing back Cromartie – the Raiders lose Aso to the Jets and fall in love with Cromartie’s athleticism.

PRE-DRAFT TRADES

Packers trade QB Matt Flynn to Tennessee for the #77 overall pick
    I get the feeling that Mike Munchak may want to bring in a veteran over drafting a rookie – Flynn looked good last year in relief duty and could earn a fairly high draft pick.

Eagles trade QB Kevin Kolb to Arizona for the #38 overall pick
    Kolb will fetch a high price on the market – this year’s quarterback class is weak. Arizona will attempt to keep Larry Fitzgerald happy by taking his recommendations seriously.

Bengals trade WR Chad Ochocinco to New England for a 2011 4th round pick
    This mock doesn’t go to four rounds, but it doesn’t appear Ochocinco will be back in town. He’s a friend of Belichick’s and the Patriots may be willing to part with a mid-round pick.

Panthers trade WR Steve Smith to Chicago for the #93 overall pick
    Even though I have the Bears signing Moss in free agency, he can’t be counted on at this point. Smith would be a nice fit in Martz’s offense, and easily the team’s number one target.

Patriots trade OG Logan Mankins to Chicago for the #29 overall pick
    Logan Mankins wants out – the Bears need to seriously upgrade their line and Lovie Smith and Mankins share the same agent. They’d be willing to pay up.

THE DRAFT

FIRST ROUND

1. Carolina Panthers – DT Nick Fairley, Auburn*

2. Denver Broncos – CB Patrick Peterson, Louisiana St.*

3. Buffalo Bills – DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama*

4. Cincinnati Bengals – DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson*

5. Arizona Cardinals – LB Von Miller, Texas A&M

6. Cleveland Browns – WR A.J. Green, Georgia*

7. San Francisco 49ers – CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

8. Tennessee Titans – DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina*

Dallas trades the #9 overall pick (1350) to Miami for the #15 overall pick (1050), the #79 overall pick (195), and the #110 overall pick (74)

9. Miami Dolphins (from Dallas) – QB Cam Newton, Auburn*

10. Washington Redskins – WR Julio Jones, Alabama*

Houston trades the #11 overall pick (1250) to New England for the #17 overall pick (950) and the #60 overall pick (300)

11. New England Patriots (from Houston) – LB Aldon Smith, Missouri*

12. Minnesota Vikings – DE Cameron Jordan, California

13. Detroit Lions – LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA*

St. Louis trades the #14 overall pick (1100) to San Diego for the #61 overall pick (292) and WR Vincent Jackson

14. San Diego Chargers (from St. Louis) – DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin*

15. Dallas Cowboys (from Miami) – FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri*

17. Houston Texans (from New England through Oakland) – CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado

18. San Diego Chargers – OT Nate Solder, Colorado

19. New York Giants – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

21. Kansas City Chiefs – LB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

22. Indianapolis Colts – OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

23. Philadelphia Eagles – OG Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian

New Orleans trades the #24 overall pick (740) to Washington for the #41 overall pick (490) and a 2012 third-round pick

24. Washington Redskins (from New Orleans) – QB Jake Locker, Washington

25. Seattle Seahawks – OT Tyron Smith, Southern California*

26. Baltimore Ravens – CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)*

27. Atlanta Falcons – WR Torrey Smith, Maryland*

28. New England Patriots – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama*

29. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

30. New York Jets – LB Justin Houston, Georgia*

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – CB Aaron Williams, Texas

32. Green Bay Packers – RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois*

SECOND ROUND

33. New England Patriots (from Carolina) – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.

34. Buffalo Bills – OG Danny Watkins, Baylor

35. Cincinnati Bengals – WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

36. Denver Broncos – DT Phil Taylor, Baylor

Cleveland trades the #37 overall pick (530) to Indianapolis for the #53 overall pick (370) and the #87 overall pick (155)

37. Indianapolis Colts (from Cleveland) – DT Stephen Paea, Oregon St.

38. Philadelphia Eagles (from Arizona) – OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

39. Tennessee Titans – DT Drake Nevis, Louisiana St.

40. Dallas Cowboys – LB Brooks Reed, Arizona

41. New Orleans Saints (from Washington) – DT Corey Liuget, Illnois*

Houston trades the #42 overall pick (480) to Seattle for the #57 overall pick and a 2012 third-round pick

42. Seattle Seahawks (from Houston) – QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas*

43. Minnesota Vikings – DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

44. Detroit Lions – OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St.

45. San Francisco 49ers – QB Christian Ponder, Florida St.

46. Denver Broncos (from Miami) – DT Christian Ballard, Iowa

47. St. Louis Rams – DE Allen Bailey, Miami (FL)

48. Oakland Raiders – WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh*

Jacksonville trades the #49 overall pick (410) to Kansas City for the #55 overall pick (350) and a 2011 fourth-round pick

49. Kansas City Chiefs (from Jacksonville) – WR Titus Young, Boise St.

50. San Diego Chargers – LB Martez Wilson, Illinois*

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – LB Mason Foster, Washington

52. New York Giants – WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky

Cleveland trades the #53 overall pick (370) to New England for the #74 overall pick (220), the #92 overall pick (132), and a 2011 sixth-round pick

53. New England Patriots (from Cleveland through Indianapolis) – C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.

54. Philadelphia Eagles – CB Curtis Brown, Texas

55. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Kansas City) – FS Ahmad Black, Florida

56. New Orleans Saints – LB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

57. Houston Texans (from Seattle) – DT Kenrick Ellis, Hampton

58. Baltimore Ravens – WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy

59. Atlanta Falcons – TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

60. Washington Redskins (from New England) – RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma

61. St. Louis Rams (from San Diego through New York Jets) – LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

62. Chicago Bears – OT Clint Boling, Georgia

Pittsburgh trades the #63 overall pick (276) and a 2011 sixth-round pick to Detroit for the #75 overall pick (215) and a 2011 fourth-round pick

63. Detroit Lions (from Pittsburgh) – OG Rodney Hudson, Florida St.

64. Green Bay Packers – CB Brandon Burton, Utah

THIRD ROUND

65. Carolina Panthers – WR Greg Little, North Carolina

66. Cincinnati Bengals – DT Jurrell Casey, Southern California

67. Denver Broncos – DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

68. Buffalo Bills – LB Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

69. Arizona Cardinals – CB Davon House, New Mexico St.

70. Cleveland Browns – DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina

71. Dallas Cowboys – CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville

72. New Orleans Saints (from Washington) – LB Kelvin Sheppard, Louisiana St.

73. Houston Texans – WR Cecil Shorts, Mount Union

74. Cleveland Browns (from New England through Minnesota) – DE Sam Acho, Texas

75. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Detroit) – CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

76. San Francisco 49ers – LB Steven Friday, Virginia Tech

77. Green Bay Packers (from Tennessee) – OG John Moffitt, Wisconsin

78. St. Louis Rams – RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech*

79. Dallas Cowboys (from Miami) – OT James Brewer, Indiana

80. Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Dwayne Harris, East Carolina

81. Oakland Raiders – LB Dontay Moch, Nevada

82. San Diego Chargers – WR Niles Paul, Nebraska

83. New York Giants – LB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina

84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – RB Shane Vereen, California*

85. Philadelphia Eagles – LB Greg Jones, Michigan St.

86. Kansas City Chiefs – DT Jerrell Powe, Mississippi

87. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis) – DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson

88. New Orleans Saints – RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas St.

89. San Diego Chargers (from Seattle) – WR Edmond Gates, Abilene Christian

90. Baltimore Ravens – SS Quinton Carter, Oklahoma

91. Atlanta Falcons – OT Jason Pinkston, Pittsburgh

92. Cleveland Browns (from New England) – LB Casey Matthews, Oregon

93. Carolina Panthers (from Chicago) – DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

94. New York Jets – DT Sione Fua, Stanford

95. Pittsburgh Steelers – OT DeMarcus Love, Arkansas

96. Green Bay Packers – OT Lee Ziemba, Auburn

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
    RB Pierre Thomas – New England Patriots
    LB Mathias Kiwanuka – New England Patriots
    Bengals trade WR Chad Ochocinco to New England for a 2011 4th round pick
    Patriots trade OG Logan Mankins to Chicago for the #29 overall pick
    11. New England Patriots (from Houston) – LB Aldon Smith, Missouri*
    28. New England Patriots – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama*
    29. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
    33. New England Patriots (from Carolina) – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
    53. New England Patriots (from Cleveland through Indianapolis) – C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.
    First off nice work ROP this took forever I'm sure.

Adding Kiwi would be awesome, we need a pass rush and Kiwi seems like a great fit at OLB for us. Great addition.

I could see us picking up Pierre Thomas. I personally like what we have at RB, but adding another would make sense.

Chad Johnson makes a lot of sense.

I don't want to see Mankins go, but if we have to get rid of him because he won't play then I would be OK with getting a first for him.

I am a big Aldon Smith fan, I want us to try and draft him. If we pick up Kiwi I still would like to see us look at an OLB in the first; Kiwi, Smith, and Cunningham would be nice.

I could see us taking Ingram, I really could. I would prefer we look elsewhere if we Picked up Pierre Thomas, but Ingram is a guy who I could see in a Pats uniform next year with the BB/Saban connection.

With Mankins gone, OL is a huge need so Pouncey is good there. Addidng Wisniewski as well is awesome.

Heyward in the second is sextastic.

One question, I probably missed this but how did Cleveland end up with our third rounders?

Overall, this would be a pretty successful Pats offseason I'd say even though I'd like to hold on to Mankins.

Comment

Don Vito, here's the Cleveland trade:

Cleveland trades the #53 overall pick (370) to New England for the #74 overall pick (220), the #92 overall pick (132), and a 2011 sixth-round pick

Comment

Restocking the defensive line would be awesome, however we do have greater needs. Cam Jordan is fine in the first round instead of a quarterback, but I don't think we can afford to use both picks on the defensive line. I would rather see Sherrod in the second round though. But given how this played out, I wouldn't be terribly upset with this draft.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

very solid KC draft

Comment

Very good skins offseason - Love signing Deangelo..and I love the Julio pick as well as Locker. The only thing I do not like is that the skins traded up for Locker. The skins under Snyder have wasted so many picks by trading them away...and I am hoping Allen/Shanahan can change this tendency the skins have. I would have rather the skins kept their second round and next year's pick and taken their chances with what QB were there in the second. In this draft if Locker does indeed go before they get to pick in the second round - you would still have Mallet and Ponder available. I would rather take one of those two and keep my future draft tpick - but nice job overall

Comment

First things, first: nice job. This looks like a ****-ton of work. I'm not sure about signing TO to the Browns though...

WR Terrell Owens – Cleveland Browns
              It may be risky to sign Terrell Owens, but it’s probably more risky to go into next season without giving Colt McCoy any weapons to work with.
              I just can't imagine Heckert bringing him in after watching the whole McNabb/TO situation unravel in Philly. I don't think he would want to subject a young QB to that kind of unpredictability. First and only priority should be protecting Colt (with playmakers, but also mentally and emotionally). Draft Green (which you did and I love), and let them develop together.

EDIT: Also, if Stephen Paea is available at our 2nd round pick, I really, really, really want to take him!

EDIT: I keep posting/editing before I finish going through the whole mock lol. Anyway love getting Acho and Matthews as well. Two guys that caught my eye at the Senior Bowl that are on my 'Do Want' list.
              Last edited by fear the elf; 02-18-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

give the falcons Greg Romeus in the 3rd round and ill be thrilled.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Not a bad Ravens draft, but I would be very surprised if we don't come away with a pass-rusher in the first three rounds. I think we could possibly let Zbikowski and Nakamura compete for the SS spot if we let Landry walk, so that position might be one that we skip in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                    Not a bad Ravens draft, but I would be very surprised if we don't come away with a pass-rusher in the first three rounds. I think we could possibly let Zbikowski and Nakamura compete for the SS spot if we let Landry walk, so that position might be one that we skip in the draft.
                    I considered pass rushers for the second and third picks but I couldn't find any I was really sold on as good values there. It seems like the Ravens usually try to land someone who slid a bit and is BPA.

Comment

I considered pass rushers for the second and third picks but I couldn't find any I was really sold on as good values there. It seems like the Ravens usually try to land someone who slid a bit and is BPA.
                      That's very true. I think the most likely way that we would get a pass-rusher in your mock is by taking Houston or Reed in the first. I'd actually be fine with taking either instead of Harris, but I know there will be a lot of people/Ravens fans that will disagree with me.

Beal would seem like Newsome pick in the second round IMO, Oklahoma is one of his favorite (if not the favorite) colleges to pick from. But like I said the mock wasn't bad anyways.

Comment

I'm very happy with Jacksonville's acquisition of Ray Edwards, Blaine Gabbert, and Ahmad Black. However, I don't feel WR would be a smart pick with Greg Jones on the board, considering our starting MLB and WLB are free agents.

Comment

Don Vito, here's the Cleveland trade:
                          OK cool. Great job again.

Comment

Id go with allen bailey in the second and kaepernick or best QB available in the third. I just dont see us picking him the in second round as of now pre-combine.
                            San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                            Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

I like getting Deangelo, Julio, and Locker. Problem is that I think we need skill players but that's not really how to build the oldest team in the league. Our offense and defensive lines are attrocious and we need backers and safeties. If we are going to trade up for Locker I'd take Cam Jordan with the 10th pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information