Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whipping my mock out on Sunday morning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whipping my mock out on Sunday morning...

1. Carolina :: Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
    2. Denver :: Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
    3. Buffalo :: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    4. Cincinnati :: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    5. Arizona :: Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State
    6. Cleveland :: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    7. San Francisco :: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    8. Tennessee :: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    9. Dallas :: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
    10. Washington :: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    11. Houston :: Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
    12. Minnesota :: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    13. Detroit :: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    14. St. Louis :: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    15. Miami :: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
    16. Jacksonville :: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    17. New England (f/OAK) :: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
    18. San Diego :: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    19. New York Giants :: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    20. Tampa Bay :: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    21. Kansas City :: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    22. Indianapolis :: Corey Luiget, DT, Illinois
    23. Philadelphia :: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    24. New Orleans :: Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
    25. Seattle :: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    26. Baltimore :: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL)
    27. Atlanta :: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    28. New England :: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
    29. Chicago :: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    30. New York Jets :: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
    31. Pittsburgh :: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    32. Green Bay :: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Cameron Jordan is a good pick. I'd personally hope for Kerrigan there but the Patriots seem to be a little wary of drafting 4-3 ends and converting them to 3-4 linebacker early on in the draft because it's such a different position to play. On that note, I don't think the Patriots are going to draft Brooks Reed. He looks stiff and isn't very instinctive. Keep in mind that the Patriots run a very physical two-gap 3-4 where all of the members of the front seven are asked to be able to stack and shed in order for the defense to function, and one of the biggest concerns with Reed is his ability to shed blocks. He might be picked in that range and play a position that the Patriots need, but that doesn't make him the right man for the job. The Patriots have never drafted for need and will almost always take the top guy on their board. Look at the way they passed on Odrick/Kindle last year for Devin McCourty even though they had signed Leigh Bodden to a new deal and had Butler as a 2009 second-round pick. At that point I think they'd be looking at one of the four guys you have going after him. My personal guess would be either Wilkerson or Watkins. Kerrigan/Wilkerson would be perfect but if I was predicting I'd guess either Jordan or Ingram at #17 and then Wilkerson or Watkins at #28.

Comment

Pittsburgh = Blurgh :(

Sherrod or Cannon would be much better oline picks.

Comment

if one of the top QBs doesn't fall, i guess that i'd prefer Julio to Tyron. But honestly, i could be happy with a number of different players at 12.
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Tyron Smith is a solid pick.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
            if one of the top QBs doesn't fall, i guess that i'd prefer Julio to Tyron. But honestly, i could be happy with a number of different players at 12.
            Originally posted by Heisman View Post
            Tyron Smith is a solid pick.
            I feel if the top offensive tackle drops to Minnesota, it's gonna be tough for them to pass on him given their current situation. McKinnie makes a **** ton of money and after last season it was re-affirmed that he can't protect the backside of any quarterback moving forward. On the other side Loadholt is a huge human being but he's also a massive disaster in terms of his play and should realy be no more than a backup, developmental player at this point in his career. If Smith gets drafted they can place him at left tackle, slide over McKinnie to the right side and then throw Loadholt on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              Pittsburgh = Blurgh :(

Sherrod or Cannon would be much better oline picks.
              It came down to Watkins and Sherrod and really if it plays out similar to this I think it'd be a coin toss, just depends on what the Steelers view as a more immediate need and how the holes might be filled outside the draft.

Comment

I like AJ Green but i don't think the Bengals would pass on Gabbert at 4.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Another solid SF pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                    I like AJ Green but i don't think the Bengals would pass on Gabbert at 4.
                    wouldn't selecting Gabbert be gving into Carson Palmer's demands then? I think Brown is prone to be stubborn and take the player who's the best available when their pick comes around, rather than reaching on a quarterback to guarantee they'll have someone with expectations at the position on the roster for 2011.

Comment

ughhhh.we need a NT, WR, or OLB way worse then a OT.Phil Taylor or Justin Houson would be far better picks

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        ughhhh.we need a NT, WR, or OLB way worse then a OT.Phil Taylor or Justin Houson would be far better picks
                        I see the Chiefs has one of the many teams who will try to move down and hook one of teams looking to trade up and grab a quarterback into doing a deal and then the move down will allow them better value to satisfy their needs. I like Taylor at 21 but I'm not sure how realistic of an option he really is. Jon Baldwin, Torrey Smith and Titus Young all become legit options if the Chiefs move down but not a chance if they stay put at 21. Houston is a real possibility but given the options later on as rush backers and the difference between the talent at tackle compared to OLB, the idea of solidfying the offensive line with someone the caliber of a Gabe Carimi will be too good to pass up; it goes from being a need, to a spot that's good-to-go for the next decade.

Comment

OT isn't our biggest need, but I really like Tyron Smith so I would be okay with it.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan...either one work

Thanks BoneKrusher
                            IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

I think the Saints would take Muhammad Wilkerson over Justin Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information