McNabb vs Elway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb vs Elway

Banned for nothing or not... McNabb's first 8 seasons are significantly better than Elways on just about every level. Has he lead talentless teams deep into the playoffs? Yes, Led his team without his #1 offensive weapon (#2 if you considered Westbrook #1) to the superbowl... yes... Significantly better #'s at every single area of the game... yes...

It is a fact that McNabb's first 8 years are better than Elways... deal with it

Oh jesus...

for the record Elways early teams weren't that talented either, McNabb has had a #1 target in TO when he led his team to a superbowl, and Elways first eight years were at a differnet time and situation then McNabb's were in...

but I would reccomend this just gets locked before it starts..

Comment

And boom goes the dynamite

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        Oh jesus...

for the record Elways early teams weren't that talented either, McNabb has had a #1 target in TO when he led his team to a superbowl, and Elways first eight years were at a differnet time and situation then McNabb's were in...

but I would reccomend this just gets locked before it starts..
        Wait McNabb had TO when he led his team to the superbowl... funny i dont remember it happening like that

Sorry you lose
        Try again

Love Neo

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
          Wait McNabb had TO when he led his team to the superbowl... funny i dont remember it happening like that

Sorry you lose
          Try again

Love Neo
          Leave. You don't even know McNabb's supporting cast, and you are going to try and make an argument that his was worse?

Look it up, TO was with the Eagles when they made the Super Bowl. He was their leading receiver.

Comment

Leave. You don't even know McNabb's supporting cast, and you are going to try and make an argument that his was worse?

Look it up, TO was with the Eagles when they made the Super Bowl. He was their leading receiver.
            Funny thing is i watched the playoffs that year... i dont remember seeing him, up until the superbowl... if you remember he was injured so as i said YET again McNabb lead the eagles to the superbowl. He did not have TO and infact their offense wasnt any worse in the games without TO averaging slightly more Points per game.

You lose
            try again

Love Neo

Comment

Funny thing is i watched the playoffs that year... i dont remember seeing him, up until the superbowl... if you remember he was injured so as i said YET again McNabb lead the eagles to the superbowl. He did not have TO and infact their offense wasnt any worse in the games without TO averaging slightly more Points per game.

You lose
              try again

Love Neo
              What about the entire regular season? You don't think Terrell Owens helped McNabb get better numbers at all?

Not only that, but its already disproving your argument he's never had a #1 WR...Why is it you don't grasp simple concepts, like the different times theyve played in, the overall accomplishments of their careers, anything like that...

Just stop, go home, and leave, no one likes trolls.

EDIT: AND by the way, when you make such a big deal about teams winning games, not QBs, how do you even get off saying McNabb led his team to the Super Bowl, when Elway has done it more times and more succesfully, then McNabb did?

Comment

You lose
                try again

Love Neo
                What are you? 7 years old? You lose, try again. Showing some serious maturity. Elway is better than McNabb (I'm an Eagles fan), this really isn't a debate. McNabb, unless he stays healthy for 4-5 more years, wins a ring and puts up huge numbers, isn't going to the HOF. I'm sorry. It's the truth.

Comment

What about the entire regular season? You don't think Terrell Owens helped McNabb get better numbers at all?

Not only that, but its already disproving your argument he's never had a #1 WR...Why is it you don't grasp simple concepts, like the different times theyve played in, the overall accomplishments of their careers, anything like that...

Just stop, go home, and leave, no one likes trolls.

EDIT: AND by the way, when you make such a big deal about teams winning games, not QBs, how do you even get off saying McNabb led his team to the Super Bowl, when Elway has done it more times and more succesfully, then McNabb did?
                  Of course his #'s in 2004 were improved however he didnt have a #1 when he lead his team to the superbowl... am i correct, and considering the beginning of last season McNabb's #'s were better than they were in 2004 i think it is safe to say he doesnt need a #1 to succeed. He also led his team deep into the playoffs, with Torrence Small and Charles Johnson, and Todd Pinkston and James Thrash if i recall.

Oh i dont care about led his team crap i am just pointing out that you cannot make that argument to say Elway as better. If you want to bring up the #'s Elway gets slaughtered as well...

and by the way i am not trolling. Simply admit that McNabb's first 8 years have been a whole hell of alot better than Elways. Get off the fan boy stuff and admit to reality.

Comment

Please don't say that McNabb led talentless teams. He has led some very good teams over the years.The Eagles have had a great defense almost every single year he has been there. They have always been able to run the ball pretty effectively with Levens or Westbrook. Just because he's never had another player like TO doesn't mean the other players aren't any good.

I can't say I know too much about Elways first 8 years and the teams he played for so I'll just leave it at that.

stephenson86

Comment

Dude...TO was an Eagle when they went to the Super Bowl.

Anyway, it's going to be tough to convince anyone that McNabb is a better QB than Elway. Maybe if he stayed healthy, but a reputation in the NFL is FAR tougher to overcome than anything else.

Elway has a reputation as a great clutch QB who single handedly did everything for the Broncos.

Honestly, I kind of agree with you in a sense. Elway DID play with some weak offenses, but its shocking how he improves so dramatically under Shanahan. For a guy who was so great before that, he sure did improve alot. Got more accurate...threw less INTs...

I know what you're talking about...but you're going to hear alot of intangibles talk...and the louder voice usually "wins" these things.

I like Elway alot and consider him one of the all time greats...but the jump in his numbers once he got a great QB coach kinda says that all of the "Elway played with crap" talk is a little bit skewed.

The funniest/worst is when you'd swear the Broncos were some terrible team without Elway. They had one of the better defenses in the NFL all of Elways career. For all but like 4 years of his career the Broncos were usually within the top 15, most of those in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        What are you? 7 years old? You lose, try again. Showing some serious maturity. Elway is better than McNabb (I'm an Eagles fan), this really isn't a debate. McNabb, unless he stays healthy for 4-5 more years, wins a ring and puts up huge numbers, isn't going to the HOF. I'm sorry. It's the truth.
                        Were Elway's first 8 years better than McNabb's that is the question at hand. I would like to see you come up with a logical argument that says "elway's first 8 years were better than McNabbs". Of course Elway had a better career and late in his career he put up some of his best work. However, if you had to choose a QB who had the more successful first 8 seasons the only logical pick would be McNabb... by a longshot

Comment

Of course his #'s in 2004 were improved however he didnt have a #1 when he lead his team to the superbowl... am i correct, and considering the beginning of last season McNabb's #'s were better than they were in 2004 i think it is safe to say he doesnt need a #1 to succeed. He also led his team deep into the playoffs, with Torrence Small and Charles Johnson, and Todd Pinkston and James Thrash if i recall.
                          Where to begin, he had a #1 WR for 14 games, something you said he didn't have. So that was wrong, and TO certainly boosted his numbers, only an idiot would debate that he didnt. This season he had Donte Stallworth, who was another legitimate target, with Reggie Brown to throw to as well, in addition to Westbrook. Elway had success without a great core early on also, so that whole argument is void.

Oh i dont care about led his team crap i am just pointing out that you cannot make that argument to say Elway as better. If you want to bring up the #'s Elway gets slaughtered as well...
                          You made such a big deal about it before though... And of course I can make that argument to say Elway is better, if your talking about McNabb leading his team through the playoffs. Super Bowl MVPs, Super Bowl Rings...What are things John Elway has and McNabb doesnt?

and by the way i am not trolling. Simply admit that McNabb's first 8 years have been a whole hell of alot better than Elways. Get off the fan boy stuff and admit to reality.
                          They weren't and no one would agree wtih you. I'm hardly an Elway fan boy I'm a Charger fan for cryin out loud. Just ... leave.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                            Dude...TO was an Eagle when they went to the Super Bowl.

Anyway, it's going to be tough to convince anyone that McNabb is a better QB than Elway. Maybe if he stayed healthy, but a reputation in the NFL is FAR tougher to overcome than anything else.

Elway has a reputation as a great clutch QB who single handedly did everything for the Broncos.

Honestly, I kind of agree with you in a sense. Elway DID play with some weak offenses, but its shocking how he improves so dramatically under Shanahan. For a guy who was so great before that, he sure did improve alot. Got more accurate...threw less INTs...

I know what you're talking about...but you're going to hear alot of intangibles talk...and the louder voice usually "wins" these things.

I like Elway alot and consider him one of the all time greats...but the jump in his numbers once he got a great QB coach kinda says that all of the "Elway played with crap" talk is a little bit skewed.

The funniest/worst is when you'd swear the Broncos were some terrible team without Elway. They had one of the better defenses in the NFL all of Elways career. For all but like 4 years of his career the Broncos were usually within the top 15, most of those in the top 10.
                            TO was injured during the playoffs the year they went to the superbowl and had absolutely nothing to do with them getting to the superbowl. Fact

His reputation? what as one of the more successful QB's in NFL history as far as being the QB on good ball clubs, making plays with his arm and feet and being a leader.

Did elway not have the intangables early in his career? was he considered a choke artist because his early career wasnt any more successful than McNabbs.

Again any logical non fan boy would have to say McNabb's first 8 years are better than Elways

Comment

Were Elway's first 8 years better than McNabb's that is the question at hand. I would like to see you come up with a logical argument that says "elway's first 8 years were better than McNabbs". Of course Elway had a better career and late in his career he put up some of his best work. However, if you had to choose a QB who had the more successful first 8 seasons the only logical pick would be McNabb... by a longshot
                              Put down the crackpipe. Elway took his team to the Super Bowl 3 times in his 8 years, McNabb 1. McNabb also had a better defense on his team than Elway.

Elway is in the Hall of Fame. McNabb had a nice career, but has a long way to go before he is in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information