No announcement yet.

Cowher secretly planning 2008 return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would actually like Bill in Cleveland, IMO it's a good fit. i.e 3-4 Defense, young QB and solid O-Line...

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
    421 Witness
    756*

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
      It will be Washington. Where the money is for him and his players. I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...
      From what I have heard, Lerner is willing to offer him the house in terms of money, and the Browns have good spending money, the only problem is we dont have a first round pick next year, but we got 2 this year in Quinn/Thomas which would really help.

I'm not ready to give up on Crennel though, hes a defensive guy and everything out of mini camp is that the defense looks amazing and the offense looks horrible (new offense in place.) granted it is mini camp, I just think Chud will get the offense into shape and our defense will be our strength... I see the Browns as a team that will try to pound the ball and hit with some mid-yardage passes, just seems that would make the most sense with Winslow/Edwards receiving and Jamal running the ball.

Comment

It will be Washington. Where the money is for him and his players. I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...
        If they do he'll have a job the next day.

Comment

I doubt it will be Washington. Danny Boy Snyder is too meddlesome of an owner for Cowher. He was spoiled in Pittsburgh where the owners were not meddlesome and believed in organization stability over firing coaches after a down season.

Comment

If he goes to the Browns there will be a legit riot when he makes his return to Pittsburgh.

If Carolina some how gets rid of Fox it is the perfect spot as he can stay close to home.
            New York might be tempting for him.

I can't see him going to the Redskins.
            Last edited by DeathbyStat; 06-19-2007, 01:23 PM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Defiantly don't want him in Washington. He's a good coach and all, but it just wouldn't work out. Snyder, Gibbs, and Williams already made an agreement that when Gibbs retires, the team goes to Gregg. Based on this season's play, and how Campbell developes, I don't want Cowher coming in changing things up.

Besides, Gibbs' contract is up after 2008 I believe. And Snyder will have Ceratto as the 'GM,' something that Cowher would probably not like.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                Snyder, Gibbs, and Williams already made an agreement that when Gibbs retires, the team goes to Gregg.
                Good luck with that.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Maybe they are content with the memory of 2003 to keep them warm come late January/early February.
                  You could apply that same thought process to Tampa, which may have a HC opening after the season.
                  "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                    If he goes to the Browns there will be a legit riot when he makes his return to Pittsburgh.
                    Good no one will miss Pittsburgh :)

Comment

I don't think he comes to NY. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do well in NY. Plus we just got a new GM this year so I doubt they would give him full football control.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Good luck with that.
                        With Gibbs as team president (or some position on the team) and Saunders still controlling the offense. It's better than bringing in a whole new coach and knocking over what you've already built up.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                          I doubt it will be Washington. Danny Boy Snyder is too meddlesome of an owner for Cowher. He was spoiled in Pittsburgh where the owners were not meddlesome and believed in organization stability over firing coaches after a down season.
                          Apparently, you didn't read the actual article. sure PFT is hit or miss, but hey.

"Another league source confirms that Cowher has had at least one private discussion with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder about the possibility of replacing Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs, if Gibbs calls it quits after the 2007 season."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Report: Redskins deny interest in Cowher

Comment

Of course they deny it. They can't let Gibbs/Williams think that there planning on replacing them for the next season.
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Nice, brings those comp picks Pittsburgh's way. If Gruden got a couple first rounders and seconds than Cowher will set Pittsburgh for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information