No announcement yet.

SI Top 25 Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty bad list...Holt deserves top 5 over Roy Williams. Moss and Plax way overrated, especially Plax.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
      Any list of WR's that doesn't have Holt in the top 10 is completely ridiculous. Almost every list I've seen has him in the top 5 at least, a number 12 ranking is just stupid. There is no way he should be below Johnson, Driver, Walker, Boldin, Moss, or Wayne. I would personally have him no lower than 5 ever, that means above TO. But that's okay, Holt has always been disrespected by analyst. They always mention him on their way to getting a boner for some other WR, usually Steve Smith.
      Blatant Homerism...you are bashing Boldin (who if I'm not mistaken was what, 2nd in the league in receptions 2 years ago, and was over 1200 yards last year...) Moss, who is arguably still the best WR in the game, and is whenever he wants to prove a point, lets hope he doesn't up in NE, Walker who even after a knee injury had nearly 1100 yards teaming with a rookie QB most of the way, Driver, who is one of the hardest workers in the NFL and constantly is putting up stats that no one should scoff at. I mean Holt had a good year last year for a bad team, and has been consistent, but at some point his production has to drop off, he's getting up there in terms of a WR. 9 years in the league already. Not saying he's not a very solid WR, but he's not someone who's going to get a lot of praise anymore because of his team.

He's still a solid player and really one of the better WRs in the league, but I think after you look at his last 4 years of production, it's hard to believe he can put those numbers up again...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
        Blatant Homerism...you are bashing Boldin (who if I'm not mistaken was what, 2nd in the league in receptions 2 years ago, and was over 1200 yards last year...) Moss, who is arguably still the best WR in the game, and is whenever he wants to prove a point, lets hope he doesn't up in NE, Walker who even after a knee injury had nearly 1100 yards teaming with a rookie QB most of the way, Driver, who is one of the hardest workers in the NFL and constantly is putting up stats that no one should scoff at. I mean Holt had a good year last year for a bad team, and has been consistent, but at some point his production has to drop off, he's getting up there in terms of a WR. 9 years in the league already. Not saying he's not a very solid WR, but he's not someone who's going to get a lot of praise anymore because of his team.

He's still a solid player and really one of the better WRs in the league, but I think after you look at his last 4 years of production, it's hard to believe he can put those numbers up again...
        Moss is not arguably the best WR in the NFL at all. He is talented, but he doesn't use it, that isn't an excuse for him to gain rankings. Culpepper has talent and had an amazing season 3 years ago, is he still arguably a top 3 QB? Whenever he wants to prove a point? Being the best WR for a day doesn't mean much if you aren't going to be the entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
          Reggie Brown ahead of Hines Ward is ****ing idiotic.
          Brown will have a bigger year than Ward so he is higher on the list.

This makes sense people.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
            Jackson and Clayton on that list makes the list a bad list...

From what I've heard, 49'rs coaches are already ticked off with Jackson and are very unimpressed.
            What??? lol

Jackson is still recovering from turf-toe. He wanted to participate in the OTA's, but the coaching staff wants him to be fully rehabbed for Training camp.

They said he has been a good presence in the locker room and has attended all OTA's even though he couldn't play.

We'll see how he looks in TC, but as of now he has done what was expected.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              I saw somewhere that the Seahawks were upset with Darrell Jackson and the 49'rs are the same way.

"Darrell Jackson, WR, San Francisco

Sure, he fills a hole, but if he were all that valuable, do you think Seattle would've given up on him? When I visited the Seahawks last summer, coaches were frustrated trying to get him on the field. I think the same thing will happen in San Francisco. Jackson is talented; he's just not tough. "

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10234368

So the post proves you right, I read it wrong.

I just don't think Jackson is a good receiver, I've never liked him at receiver and I don't think he will do good there.

Ahhhh...I see this has been addressed.

Comment

In terms of production, i guess the list is Okay...but in terms of the actual better player...the list is way off....

Comment

I personally think Santonio Holmes is going to outperform Hines Ward this year.

Comment

Driver ahead of walker....LOL

when walker was on the packers he was their number one

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post

Blatant homerism? That's why several non-Rams fans have said Holt is far too low. That is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here, and there have been some doozies.

First off, I think the phrase you were looking for was "his last 7 years of production", or his entire career besides rookie year. So I am not sure why he wouldn't continue to put up the production that he has always done. Secondly, I'm not sure why his team has anything to do with him getting praise, unless its simply that St.Louis is not a media magnet. I am also not sure if you are familiar with the WR position, but the great ones play well into their 30's. Holt just turned 31 on June 5 and has 8 years experience. Harrison- 34 with 11 years experience, Driver- 32 with 8 years experience, TO- 33 with 11 years experience, Moss- 30 wiith 9 years experience. So yeah, obviously Holt is a fossil compared to those guys. Just because you have seen him going crazy on the Cardinals 2 times a year since the realignment doesn't mean you have to be an unabashed hater.

Reverse Homerism- irrational hatred and disrespect of your most hated team's players

I never "bashed" Anquan Boldin, in fact I really like him. But you are out of your mind if you think he is better than Holt outright or that he will have a better statistical year. The Rams offense clearly did not start clicking until half way through the year and Holt still had 10 more catches, 15 less yards, and 10 TD's to Boldin's 4. On top of that, the Rams QB is a top 5 guy and the offense is totally solid for this upcoming season, the Cards QB is Leinart and their O-line is far from great, so the production angle doesn't add up either.

I don't have to even really try to shoot holes in your Moss love affair. Here's something for you, 42, 60, 49.......you know what those are, Moss's receptions the past three seasons. Moss was such an incredible WR because he was a freak of nature. He has never run great routes, is not a hard worker, hesitant in the middle of the field, has recently developed a dropping problem, and the worst thing of all for a guy that was great because he was a freak......he has lost a step.

As for Walker, yes I must truly be insane to think Holt is better and will be more productive. Let's take a look. Walker- 69 catches, 1084 yards, 8 TD's. Holt- 93 catches, 1188 yards, 10 TD's. Oh, and Holt has had more than 2 good seasons, in fact he has had 7 great ones, but I forgot he is a 31 year old fossil. Now that we can see that Holt is clearly better outright, lets look from a production standpoint. I'll just use your same argument against you, Walker has a largely unproven Cutler throwing to him.

Now for Driver, first off I never scoffed at him, or any of these WR's. In fact, they are all great WR's. But, the bottomline is that Holt has had six seasons better than Driver's best.

Just so everyone knows, I am not bashing these WR's. I would love for the Rams to have any of them besides maybe Moss because of the issues. They are all clearly among the best in the league, but Holt simply better.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Roy Williams getting some love I like it.

Comment

fitz and holt are WAY TO LOW...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                            PAY ATTENTION. It goes by what he thinks the guys will produce not how they're ranked according to talent.

Geez.

Roy-1310 yards

Holt-1188

Roy wins.

I know... so because Roy has more yarsd than him one year means hes going to next year? Holt had more TDs than him, you failed to mention that. I he had more catches than him too. Torry wins

Comment

Having Torry Holt that low is a crime.

PM me for sig requests
                              Originally posted by Sean Connery
                              Suck it Trebek!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                I personally think Santonio Holmes is going to outperform Hines Ward this year.

as do i but in all honestly hines is the better complete reciever but holmes is way more explosive.

but i dont think hines is the 23rd best reciever in the league. easily top 15. and at one time top 7

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information