No announcement yet.

Dominic Rhodes suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He abused drinking alcohol by driving.. I'm sure Alcohol is considered a "Controlled Substance" when it's used illegally

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Same exact reason Antonio Bryant was suspended 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
        So putting not only your life, but the lives of anyone else who is on the road, on the line because you are a stupid idiot doesn't warrant a suspension. I'd bet a majority of people would lose their jobs if their employer found out they got a DUI. Dominic Rhodes is being suspended for four days.
        It would warrant a suspension if Leonard Little's actions warranted a lifetime ban. I will be upset over any suspension that has to do with a DUI as long as Lenard Little is allowed to play with no punishment after killing a woman while DUI.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I'd bet a majority of people would lose their jobs if their employer found out they got a DUI.

Not sure I agree with that, and I think it is kind of an apples and oranges comparison. Most peoples jobs do not include an employment contract with a morales clause.
          "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Indeed this was not unexpected, I would be amazed if the Raiders are caught unaware by this development given how likely a scenario it was before the time of his free agent signing.

It's not the end of the world, Dom Rhodes will serve his 4-game suspension and then he'll play. Wasn't too long ago when Travis Henry served a 4-game suspension (2005) for violating the substance abuse policy.

The Raiders signed him for two years, and he'll be a good (rotational) back for them. I still like LaMont Jordan personally, I think he's a good runner who can also catch the ball well, but having Dom there to push him, help carry the load, and pass protect will help. Especially when there's two young quarterbacks at the helm.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

hahah yessss
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

So putting not only your life, but the lives of anyone else who is on the road, on the line because you are a stupid idiot doesn't warrant a suspension. I'd bet a majority of people would lose their jobs if their employer found out they got a DUI. Dominic Rhodes is being suspended for four days.
                I agree that Rhodes should be suspended, but I don't think the average Joe would automatically lose his job, it might happen but I have a buddy who has some many DUIs the court ordered him to put one of those breath testers on his ignition and he kept his job at UPS, and I know they know because they had to move him of driving trucks.

But if the NFL doesn't do anything to Rhodes it's like saying to all the kids who wath the NFL that it's ok to get DUIs, nobody idolizes UPS drivers.

Nice sig by the way, and that's a Yankee fan saying it!

Comment

Most people wouldn't lose their jobs for a DUI. I would venture a guess that most people would get at most a slap on the wrist. Like I have said in every other thread involving drunk driving. Just about everyone who has ever drank alcohol has driven drunk(since cars were invented). This is not some new phenomenon.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Dont believe he tested positive for anything...this has to do w/ his DUI. Torrie Cox was also suspened today.

I'm not sure this has to do with his DUI, he can't be punished if he wasn't charged with it, which he wasn't.

Comment

He could have already been in the leagues substance abuse program and he violated it with his DUI, leading to his suspension. Quincy Carter was in the program from day 1 in the NFL, it just wasnt known to the public.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                        I'm not sure this has to do with his DUI, he can't be punished if he wasn't charged with it, which he wasn't.
                        He can be punished if he wasn't charged, this has been gone over many of times. The NFL is a private organization, and can do as it pleases if it thinks he is causing a bad image.

2nd of all, he was charged, Rhodes pleaded guilty in March to reckless driving and was sentenced to 180 days in jail. But 178 were suspended and he received credit for two days.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                          He can be punished if he wasn't charged, this has been gone over many of times. The NFL is a private organization, and can do as it pleases if it thinks he is causing a bad image.
                          Why is it the employer's responsibility to tell its employees how to act on their free time? Better yet, why does the employer feel as though it's their responsibility to do so?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                            Why is it the employer's responsibility to tell its employees how to act on their free time? Better yet, why does the employer feel as though it's their responsibility to do so?
                            Did I say I agreed with it? No, but its how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                              Did I say I agreed with it? No, but its how it works.
                              The question wasn't really aimed at you. It's more of a general question to the supporters of the new conduct policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                                Because in a mass media, spectacle driven enterprise like professional football, image is everything. If a player looks bad, the franchise loses money, so it becomes their responsibility to make sure these guys don't embarass their team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information