X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB winning the SB vs the Pats.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      I would have been a fan earlier but my town's team was stolen from us.
      Only because your town tried to steal the team from its owner.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I was born in Tampa, FL so I guess I have always thought that I was born to be a Bucs fan...my dad was a fan of the Bucs when we lived there but after we moved he never really followed TB Football (we moved to Houston, he became an Oilers fan, we moved to KY and well he never became a fan of any pro football team lol).

I think a lot of times ppl don't become fans just through one game but progressively over time. I loved the Bucs new uniforms and I loved Warren Sapp, Johnny Lynch, Hardy Nickerson, Donnie Abraham, Ronde Barber, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott...Tampa had some very markatable players back then.

I fell in love with the way that team played defense..they were fast hit hard and played the game they way it is meant to be played.

The game I remember the most though was 2000 vs. the Rams in the NFC Ship. Total *******. Prohel caught a freaking miracle pass Ronde Barber had him like white on rice I don't know how he made that catch...then Bert Emanuel made a diving catch from Shaun King late in the 4th for the 1st down, but the referee ruled it was incomplete because the bottom of the ball touched the ground AFTER HIS KNEES WERE DOWN AND HE HAD POSSESSION. I totally disagree with that ruling because that ground caused the incompletion. Unlucky break for Emanuel. We get that first down, Alstott pounds the ball in for a touchdown and we go on to win the super bowl (no way the Titans could score on us. If the Rams could only put up 13 points then the Titans would be lucky to get 3.

I know "woulda coulda shoulda" but the Bucs should have 2 Super Bowls, not 1.

Amazing what ripple effect that would cause. Then the Bucs have to keep Dungy for all eternity which means the Bucs never get Gruden...which means where would Gruden coach after he inevitably leaves Oakland????????????? It's the Butterfly Effect into motion.
        Last edited by simms2clayton; 07-09-2007, 03:16 AM.

Comment

The 1995 Superbowl..

I was 9. I never knew I could feel such hatred for someone I didn't know...

DAMN YOU NEIL O DONNEL!

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

It was actually college football that got me hooked. When LSU beat #1 Florida in Tiger Stadium in 1997 I knew I could never go without this game.

Comment

What made that packer game even more special, was the fact i was in the hospital a week after he had brain surgery. Its sad to think that that was the only true time we connected watching football.

Comment

the game that made me a fan was...

madden '06.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Before Pay TV, Australia didn't have a lot of NFL coverage.

But back in either 1988 or 1989, I came home from work & turned the TV on. Miami were playing Cleveland. It was wet, the field look like a 5hithole, & I didn't like the jerseys of the Browns. I started watching the game & since then have followed the 'Phins.
                  No matter how bad a day I have, someone always has a worse day...

Comment

Morton Anderson missing the kick in Jacksonville.

Comment

Man you guys are making me feel old this am. I woke up to modern sports in the fall of 1975. My first memory was of the Fisk homerun off the foul pole against the Reds, and that got me hooked on all things Boston sports. The Patriots next season ended with the "Roughing the Passer" call on Ray Hamilton against the Raiders. It 's funny, I thought at that point that getting to the playoffs for my teams was a given, afterall I was 2 for 2 out of the gait. I had much to learn about seasons of futility. I am relishing the Brady years because I vividly remember the Hugh Millen / Tommy Hodson ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        The 1995 Superbowl..

I was 9. I never knew I could feel such hatred for someone I didn't know...

DAMN YOU NEIL O DONNEL!
                        That person you had that hatred for was Larry Brown.

Comment

I was a fan before this game but I became hooked in the 2002 Browns/Falcons game I was at, that was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

Comment

The NFC Playoff game with the Packers vs. 49ers when TO caught that damn TD pass. I'm not sure if it was the one that made me a fan but it's the earliest game I have a memory of.

stephenson86

Comment

steeler fans are born in to it, like a religion
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                                The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)
                                that was a nice catch.....when i saw that i was like wow

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information