No announcement yet.

The Game That Made You a Fan

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The '98 Falcons/49ers playoff game. Before that I didn't really have a "team," after that game I did.

but there wasnt a game that made me a fan

as i grew older i became more obsessed with the team
      but idk i guess since my mom made me one then i have become one

Originally posted by Paul View Post
        That person you had that hatred for was Larry Brown.
        no odonnel threw him the ball

right at him too

it was neils fault not browns

Madden '95 and the preceding Super Bowl

Follow me on Twitter!!/aMo_Captain

The first game that actually got me into football was the Broncos and Packers superbowl, John Elway and Brett Favre, I was like 7 or 8 years old, just watching the plays that Elway made and then going back to the superbowl the year after, yeah, that was the game, and then I just followed the Bucs since I live in tampa and that was pop's team.

I wasn't even born yet for the "game" more like a play that made me become a Raiders fan. I was 4 years old watching NFL films on whatever channel with my dad and I watched Jack Tatum absolutely light up Stingley and I had never seen anything like that before, it caught my interest right away. I asked my dad "what team is that?" my dad looked at me and said " that's the Raiders, they're the dirtiest scumbags to ever play" and i've been a fan ever since. i've always liked the "bad guys" starting with cobra commander, to the decepticons and leading to the Raiders. Bo Jackson and Tim Brown also kept my spark alive, they were great...

Bucs Super Bowl win in 02...not just because they won though (I watched the Pats win in 01 and I don't liek the Pats), but because of how dominating their defense was and how well they played as a team.

I also like how intense Gruden was :D
                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                A fan of the USF Bulls

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                  The NFC Playoff game with the Packers vs. 49ers when TO caught that damn TD pass. I'm not sure if it was the one that made me a fan but it's the earliest game I have a memory of.
                  I remember that game. That last drive by the 49'ers was BS on so many levels.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Watching the skins win the superbowl in 91.

I was 1 month :D lol. First game I remember though was something with Gus Ferrotte as QB.

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                      1996 Raiders @ Ravens,inaugaral(spelling?) game of the Ravens history and we won, and I've been hooked ever since. I would have been a fan earlier but my town's team was stolen from us.

This reason is the same for me..........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Hmm I was like 7 at the time but the 1996 AFC Divisional Playoff game when the Pats played the Jags. It was a great game, very close, and it ended with O-T-I-S Smith returnung a fumble for a TD to essentially win the game. I've been a Pats fan ever since.

My first full game I remember watching was a Colts game in '03 or so I think, but I forget who against.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

I'm gonna date myself here.

1989-the Packers were pretty comparable the Arizona Cardinals of today. Perennial losers. the 49ers were defending champs. I knew nothing about football or sports. I did know that the Packers sucked and Joe Montana and the 9ers ruled. So, one day, I heard my dad yelling and, i sat on the couch and watched Don Majkowski lead the Pack down the field and score the game winning TD himself. I have been a fan ever since.

I started following the Panthers in 02, (year before their superbowl run) and after watching them struggle and fight every game I became a fan. What cemented it though was the 04 season, their comeback stretch, never have I seen more grit and determination in a team.

I started as a Panthers fan before they even started playing games, but the one that sealed it was the NFC championship against the Packers. I wanted them to win bad.

I've loved them (as well as hated the Packers and Favre) ever sense.

Debug Information