Can anyone explain why I hate the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.
    Well, that could be, but I was never a fan of the AFC even when I was a little chillen and the NFC was the powerhouse conference.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
      Even though theyre not as old as the Bears teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots...and the list can go on have plenty of tradition. Tradition is not measured by how many years youve been in the NFL. You guys are being pretty ridiculous but I guess you realize that.
      That would help your argument if all those teams were in the AFC.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.
        The AFC is great, and much better than the NFC.

Yeah, I went there.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

Yeah, I went there.
          Haha, agreed! AFC POWER!

As for why you hate the AFC, maybe it's in your genes or something. If you've always hated it then I really have to explanation. Maybe you hate the color red?

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

Yeah, I went there.
            Dude, you like the Jaguars.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Dude, you like the Jaguars.
              Umm...touché...? (What the heck, I'll play along.)

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7954273

This spells it out well.

Comment

The AFC is just a higher quality of football. The games are much more fun to watch. Does that bother you or the fact that I just said that bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    The AFC is just a higher quality of football. The games are much more fun to watch. Does that bother you or the fact that I just said that bother you?
                    Well i just said I DON'T find the AFC more entertaining, so I am unable to see how that pertains to my question.

they get smoked.

Comment

I would have to agree w/ you on this, AFC teams just dont interest me either. I mean you have teams like Miami, or the Bills, Jags, ect, just no interest there for me. Maybe its cause I am in the midwest, and really dont care about anything outside of the midwest, but I just cant really stand the AFC either.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Same reason I hate the Western Conference in the NBA. You're probably tired of hearing how much better they are.

Comment

you are a naysayer.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.
                            You ever heard of the Chiefs? It is our late owner, Lamar Hunt, who started the AFL to rival the NFL. It is Lamar Hunt who came up with the name "Super Bowl". The Chiefs went to 2 out of the first 4 super bowls and won one of them. The AFC Championship trophy is named after Lamar Hunt.

Not sure how you can say only NFC teams helped found the NFL when half of the NFL, the AFC, owes it's existence to Lamar Hunt.

Comment

maybe its because the AFC games on cbs always look old school, and out dated...and the NFC games on fox always look crisp and modern and new school....

at least thats the feel i get on sundays from both

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                                You ever heard of the Chiefs? It is our late owner, Lamar Hunt, who started the AFL to rival the NFL. It is Lamar Hunt who came up with the name "Super Bowl". The Chiefs went to 2 out of the first 4 super bowls and won one of them. The AFC Championship trophy is named after Lamar Hunt.

Not sure how you can say only NFC teams helped found the NFL when half of the NFL, the AFC, owes it's existence to Lamar Hunt.
                                Not sure if you're aware of this, but there was an NFL 50 years before there was a Superbowl.

Read a book.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information