Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why I hate the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    maybe its because the AFC games on cbs always look old school, and out dated...and the NFC games on fox always look crisp and modern and new school....

    at least thats the feel i get on sundays from both
    Really? I think CBS has better coverage. I can't stand Fox, they always try to do these weird camera angles in the middle of the field and **** and it just doesn't work.

    Oh well, I guess I just like football, I'll watch AFC or NFC, I could careless.

    Comment


    • #32
      Could it be that the AFC kicks the NFC arse in almost every area. They got the better QB's, the more exciting offenses.

      And the AFC has the more exciting cities. Yes I went there.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

        As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

        Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.

        I thought about that too. I mean you could even include Dallas in that if you wanted. It really has a lot more classic teams. AFC has the Steelers, Browns, Jets, and that's it.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Not sure if you're aware of this, but there was an NFL 50 years before there was a Superbowl.

          Read a book.
          America's Game is an excellent choice.

          And if all else fails...*cough*Wikipedia*cough*

          by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
            I thought about that too. I mean you could even include Dallas in that if you wanted. It really has a lot more classic teams. AFC has the Steelers, Browns, Jets, and that's it.
            The Chiefs and Raiders are classic teams as well the whole we have older teams makes us a better conference thing is a joke.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
              The Chiefs and Raiders are classic teams as well the whole we have older teams makes us a better conference thing is a joke.
              This isn't a better conference, we're just brainstorming ideas why he doesn't like the AFC, and he is a Packer fan so it might be a possiblilty.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                maybe its because the AFC games on cbs always look old school, and out dated...and the NFC games on fox always look crisp and modern and new school....


                at least thats the feel i get on sundays from both
                I HATE watching games on Fox, no matter who the teams. I can't stand when Bengals games are on there.

                I actually thought about that but then I realized how much I hated watching them on Fox so surely everyone else did too.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  I HATE watching games on Fox, no matter who the teams. I can't stand when Bengals games are on there.

                  I actually thought about that but then I realized how much I hated watching them on Fox so surely everyone else did too.
                  Fox sucks. I hate Joe Buck (he does baseball games). He has like no emotion.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    I HATE watching games on Fox, no matter who the teams. I can't stand when Bengals games are on there.

                    I actually thought about that but then I realized how much I hated watching them on Fox so surely everyone else did too.
                    I agree, I don't know what it is about Fox, but when I had to watch the Chargers on it last year, it was driving me crazy...I guess because I'm just used to CBS.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      Fox sucks. I hate Joe Buck (he does baseball games). He has like no emotion.
                      Yeah not only do I hate their layout, I hate their announcers and I'm not the sort to get bothered by announcers that often.

                      A lot of it may just be that us AFC fans are so used to the CBS coverage but I like Sunday Football and Monday night layout so who knows.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I actually like FOX's layout better. Joe Buck's okay, I don't hate him like some people do.

                        by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                          I actually like FOX's layout better. Joe Buck's okay, I don't hate him like some people do.
                          He never gets excited at all. I like announcers who get into the games, that's where memorable calls are made. "Down Goes Frazier!", "Flutie Did It!", stuff like that. I mean, he called the game where the Red Sox won the World Series and he sounded like he didn't care.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I find the NFC less entertaining, did back when they were dominant too. It's probably because your team isn't there.

                            So is the hatred of Manning simply an irrational one, or is it perhaps because you fear the inevitable? ;)


                            The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                            If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                            <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I hate FOX and CBS
                              CBS' cameras do something that i cant explain, to me it looks like they have tinted cameras or something. I love to watch games on NBC and ESPN



                              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                i just cant get into CBS cameras as much, they dont look the same as espn or fox games....it looks like the cameras are older they are using or something, seems like when i watch a game on fox its more up to date...or could be due to me watching majority cowboy games so much...

                                but ive been trying to switch over, i tried to catch as many titans games as i could since Vince started, and if they have some good AFC games on vs the NFC games ill def watch those regardless





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information