2004 Draft Busts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Man, what a great freakin' draft. Might be the strongest first round crop we've seen in quite some time.

Busts:

Reggie Williams
    Robert Gallery
    Kenichi Udeze
    Ahmad Carroll
    Jason Babin
    Rashaun Woods
    Chris Perry

Disappointments (not up to snuff yet):

Eli Manning
    JP Losman
    Kevin Jones
    Michael Clayton
    Michael Jenkins
    The only part I disagree with is categorizing JP Losman as a 'disappointment.' He did a fine job last year and should continue to develop. The Bills were lambasted for that trade to get him, so I think he even has exceeded expectations. Few people thought he'd ever amount to anything.

Comment

Haha I knew this thread was a breeding ground for Carroll jokes from Packer fans.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        There's far too much hate for Losman, he's still young, give him some time to develop. Last year he had 62% completion percentage and over 3000 yards. Add in 140 rushing yards and he's doing pretty well for someone who's only started something like 30 games.
        With 0 talent around him.

I like Losman, hopefully he can get out or Buffalo puts some talent around him. It would be a shame to see him turn into another Patrick Ramsey lol.

Comment

You people will see this year, with Byron starting, how good Reggie Williams can be. He played great when Byron started. When Garrard started, it was a different story...

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            reggie williams may not of lived up to being drafted top 10, but he's a very solid WR, and alot could be due to inconsistent qb play
            My opinion too, I think if the QB play improves he'll be able to score 10-12 td's considering he's so tall

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Any Seattle fans want to weigh in on Marcus Tubbs' progress?

Comment

Wasn't Ahmad Carroll cut from Jacksonville during the season for a drug arrest or something?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  With 0 talent around him.

I like Losman, hopefully he can get out or Buffalo puts some talent around him. It would be a shame to see him turn into another Patrick Ramsey lol.
                  On the contrary, they've done a nice job giving him some help. Just this off-season they've added Derrick Dockery and Marshawn Lynch to go along with pro-bowl caliber players like Lee Evans and Jason Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    reggie williams may not of lived up to being drafted top 10, but he's a very solid WR, and alot could be due to inconsistent qb play
                    Reggie Williams was playing very well at the beginning of last season. Then Leftwich got hurt, Captain Turnover came in, and the passing game fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Contr0versy View Post
                      Ahmad Carroll
                      Eli Manning
                      Rashaun Woods
                      DeAngelo Hall (:D)
                      Eli Manning is a bust? Wow. How stupid of the Giants to excercise an expensive option to keep him in New York a few extra years. Seeing how he's a bust and all.

Comment

I wouldn't call him a bust but he isn't out of the woods by any means

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          Eli Manning is a bust? Wow. How stupid of the Giants to excercise an expensive option to keep him in New York a few extra years. Seeing how he's a bust and all.
                          Value wise, unless he magically turns into Unitas overnight, he's a bust.

3 pro bowlers >

Comment

hey jason babin wasn't a bust. he led the Texans in sacks last year! oh ya, we're terrible. Dunta is awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                              A team exercising an extension has no real bearing over whether he's a bust, but as far as on the field production is concerned, up until now at least, unless he shows something more, he's a bust.

Comment

Oh I see where this thread is going.

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information