Polamalu Resigned-Highest Paid Safety

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    I agree that they are different players with varying skillsets however...

Put Ed Reed in the Steelers' system and I bet they get better. The same cannot be said about Troy and the Ravens.

True, I'll agree with that, but I don't agree with anything that Smokey Joe has said thusfar, people would know Troy's name long hair or short hair because everytime you see a Steelers game highlight he is making plays.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      I agree, Polamalu is more of the textbook strong safety, he is more of a hard hitter then a finesse type safety like Ed is. But I also think no one should ever say Polamalu is as good as Ed is.
      I think that Polamalu has the ability to play center field and defend the pass if he was asked to, but he's required to be an impact player all over the field.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

It's going to be very interesting to see how Tomlin uses Polamalu in his Cover 2 scheme. Troy has never really been asked to do the deep cover role, not at USC and certainly not in Pittsburgh. This signing indicates that Tomlin obviously thinks he can make Troy fit, and it'll be something I'll watch closely.

Comment

polamalu is so overrated. he is a personailty along with a football player. if it wasnt for the hair and heritage, he would just be another safety and he would be making 10 million less.

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
            polamalu is so overrated. he is a personailty along with a football player. if it wasnt for the hair and heritage, he would just be another safety and he would be making 10 million less.
            That is going a little far is he Ed Reed no but he is top five at his position he can take over a game.

Comment

It is all about when someone contract expires. Polamalu is a top 5 safety in the NFL and was a significant part to the Super Bowl Steelers a couple years ago. Most people would agree that Ed Reed is better, so wait for his contract to nearly expire and we'll see who is the highest paid safety.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                This guy is severely overrated, IMO. He is good, but he isn't the top safety in the league because he has long wavy hair.
                Basically.

Comment

So, the Steelers finally have opened up the checkbook and paid one of their player's deserved money. And while a lot of fans argue over who the better safety is, the Pittsburgh Steelers obviously think Polamalu is better and have rewarded him as such. While my personally opinion is that Ed Reed is better than Polamalu that puts Polamalu 2nd, which is still not bad at all.

Everybody's contracts are becoming bigger and bigger and this year it shows that with Dwight Freeney's contract and now P's contract. If Ed Reed was to renew his contract this year or next year I'm sure he'd be the highest paid safety. It's all about securing a player who you feel is absolutely irreplaceable to your team and the Steeler's felt that about Polamalu so they gave him top money.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

I'm sure Alan Faneca is pissed.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

things just keep going up and up. i wonder where or when it will end.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

If its 5 years 33 million thats not a bad deal considering what players are getting paid today. He could have easily made over 50 million in the open market.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          It's going to be very interesting to see how Tomlin uses Polamalu in his Cover 2 scheme. Troy has never really been asked to do the deep cover role, not at USC and certainly not in Pittsburgh. This signing indicates that Tomlin obviously thinks he can make Troy fit, and it'll be something I'll watch closely.
                          I'm thinking he'll be used more in a John Lynch/Bob Sanders type of role.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            I agree but not many people share our sentiment. He's a good player but when people start saying he's better than Ed Reed it's pretty over the top...
                            Well KC Joyner did have Ed Reed as the most overrated safety in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                              I agree, Polamalu is more of the textbook strong safety, he is more of a hard hitter then a finesse type safety like Ed is. But I also think no one should ever say Polamalu is as good as Ed is.
                              I don't know, Reed hits like a Mack truck when he wants to. Ask Koren Robinson.

Comment

that cant be more than Reed

Reed got a 6 year $40 mill

Polamalu got 5 year $33 mill

Reed makes slightly more

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information