LeCharles Bentley :I'm Good to Go"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
    Then, why did he work so hard to come back?
    I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.
      That would be one AMAZING year for a C.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Im rooting for him, he's always been a favorite player of mine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
          I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.
          Ok, that's what I thought. He really wanted to play for Cleveland. I mean, the guy's getting paid either way, it's good to see him try and get back. If he can get back and become dominant, he could become a fan favorite.

Comment

Cleveland has potentially a pretty sick line. 2 years down the line I bet they have a top 10 offense; Winslow, Braylon, Brady, good line. Plug in a running back who's not washed up and a decent number 2 receiver, you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              That would be one AMAZING year for a C.
              It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.
                Good point; as I recall in 2004 Drew Brees got it, and he wasn't coming back from anything. He just developed into a good quarterback in his 3rd year starting. It made no sense.

Comment

I hope he wins comeback player if he does good. I mean, the staph infection he had wasn't career threatening, it was LIFE threatening. And he comes back and in shorter time than anyone thought is back. True gamer. I'm getting a Bentley jersey man.

Comment

I remember 2 offseasons ago, there was a huge rumor that the Eagles had signed Bentley as a FA, and I was ECSTATIC. Either the reports were false, or Cleveland beat the offer. Either way, I wish him the best and hope he can earn the contract he was given. Kudos to the Browns for sticking with him and paying him as he rehabbed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

With Thomas, Steinbach, and Bentley that line could be pretty solid this year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Thomas has to get into camp, and Bentley has to prove he's ready for the grind of the NFL season before you can say that. Right now, the Browns have the makings of an excellent line. However, they are a far cry from having anything "solid".

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          Thomas has to get into camp, and Bentley has to prove he's ready for the grind of the NFL season before you can say that. Right now, the Browns have the makings of an excellent line. However, they are a far cry from having anything "solid".
                          Well, the line isn't bad. They have Butler, Shaffer, and Tucker to fit into the spots on the right side which isn't too good, but Bentley when he come back, Steinbach and Thomas makes for a pretty damn good left side.

Comment

I like the Browns' line to protect their QB's and open holes for Jamal Lewis. I would like it a lot more if Thomas signed, and Bentley went through training camp in full health. I'm high on the Browns' offense to take a step forward, but there are question marks (rookie signings, Bentley, Jamal's overall ability, Kellen's health, viable #2 WR).

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information