Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Vick ordered by Goodell to not attend Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Wowzers. Chris Houston better turn into a shutdown corner now. Because they ultimately gave up Schaub for him. If Schaub plays well in Houston, Atlanta's GM will never hear the end of it.
    Hindsight is a hilarious thing. At the time Rich McKay fleeced the Texans, by getting a mid-1st round value for a backup QB, who for one game lit up a lousy pass defense. If Schaub is great, the Falcons will be the ones who got "fleeced." Even if Justin Blalock and whomever they take in the 2nd round next year turn out to be great.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Hindsight is a hilarious thing. At the time Rich McKay fleeced the Texans, by getting a mid-1st round value for a backup QB, who for one game lit up a lousy pass defense. If Schaub is great, the Falcons will be the ones who got "fleeced." Even if Justin Blalock and whomever they take in the 2nd round next year turn out to be great.
      I think it will turn out to be a win win situation. I liked Chris Houston alot coming out, and if he can keep his head on straight, I think he'll be a good corner opposite of Hall. Especially in Zimmer's man coverage scheme. I think the Falcons have to roll the dice on Cullpepper now. He'll be available for cheap, and if Petrino can do for him what he planned on doing for Vick, then the season may become salvageable.

      Comment


      • #18
        The Chris Houston pick was our 2nd round pick. The one from the Texans turned into Justin Blalock.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          The Chris Houston pick was our 2nd round pick. The one from the Texans turned into Justin Blalock.
          Blalock will be a stud. I think they got a 2nd round steal out of him. Works even better for Atlanta then.

          Comment


          • #20
            Vick has hired a lawyer. Billy Martin is his name. I don't know much about him, but apparently he represented Monica Lewinsky during the Bill Clinton scandal. He's well connected in Washington and has a sterling reputation. Anybody know more?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Vick has hired a lawyer. Billy Martin is his name. I don't know much about him, but apparently he represented Monica Lewinsky during the Bill Clinton scandal. He's well connected in Washington and has a sterling reputation. Anybody know more?
              He represented a long list of NBA goons from what Ive heard. Vick has plenty of money, you know he hired the best money can buy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                He represented a long list of NBA goons from what Ive heard. Vick has plenty of money, you know he hired the best money can buy.


                He's represented Jayson Williams (NBA), Bill Campbell (Atlanta Mayor), Monica and Lewinsky (White House Intern) among others. Very successful and proven trial lawyer from what I've read. Should be interesting to see who else he adds to the team.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Wowzers. Chris Houston better turn into a shutdown corner now. Because they ultimately gave up Schaub for him. If Schaub plays well in Houston, Atlanta's GM will never hear the end of it.
                  I honestly believe that's a BIG IF... on Schaub becoming a great QB. IMO, he's very overrated. I thought he was overrated on the Falcons, when all their fan's thought he was amazing... and I still think he's overrated. He'll be LUCKY if he turns out to be any better than Steve Beuerlein did outside of Dallas.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Here is the latest from NFL Insider Jay Glazer:

                    LINK

                    The first of what could be a handful of actions taken against Michael Vick by the commissioner's office has been decided.

                    FOXSports.com has learned that commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered Vick not to attend Falcons training camp as his first step in determining Vick's future in the league. That would give the league office more time to assess the facts and judge additional facts that may come to light in the next month.

                    This is just the first part of what could be an extensive punishment for Vick's alleged involvement in a gruesome dogfighting operation at a property owned by him in Virginia.

                    There could also be a strong push to sit Vick down for the year while he clears up his personal problems. In fact, this action could even convince Vick to take a year-long leave of absence, which would certainly be the simplest resolution for all parties.

                    Vick is already facing federal charges for the dogfighting fiasco that has turned the Falcons upside down and could face state charges related to the operation.

                    Calls to the league office for comment have not yet been returned.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I honestly believe that's a BIG IF... on Schaub becoming a great QB. IMO, he's very overrated. I thought he was overrated on the Falcons, when all their fan's thought he was amazing... and I still think he's overrated. He'll be LUCKY if he turns out to be any better than Steve Beuerlein did outside of Dallas.
                      Beuerlein had a couple of good years in Carolina..............

                      Magical sig by OSUGiants

                      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                      Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        Beuerlein had a couple of good years in Carolina..............
                        Yeah, he even had 1 Pro Bowl year... Still never became the QB he was hyped up to be. ...and even if Schaub does that, he's won't make the trade out of ATL regrettable. It's gonna take a helluva career to make it regrettable.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Well, you figure we made ourselves in position (position being key word) to land Landry/ Peterson/ Brown, landed a first round calibre prospect in Justin Blalock, and will have another second round pick next year. We should be OK IMO as far as the Schaub trade. I was never too impressed with him.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                          Next Up: 2012

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's the beginning of the end...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              It's the beginning of the end...
                              *Grabs a beer and some popcorn* cause its going to be a hell of a ride.........

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I wonder if Vick will take down others with him. You can't make me believe that not a single one of his teammates knew what he was doing. Of course they knew. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons Management knew. I wouldn't be surprised if their owner knew! Vick might just be the first domino. Once he starts sinking, he'll be trying to grab everyone else as well... my guess.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information