Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs close to backing down

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2948213

Sounds like the same deal Nate Clements agreed to last year.

I'm actually suprised that Briggs might agree to do this before training camp, rather than waiting it out and signing by the 3rd week of preseason and collecting the same amount of dough. Don't mess with Jerry Angelo.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

I still like Briggs as a person. I think this shows he likes his team and teammates and just disagrees with how the front office does business. I think he just went about it wrong.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Well the Bears told Briggs that they would not use the franchise tag on him next year if he signed the one year tender and did not hold out. It's a good move for both sides. The Bears will have him for one season with another shot at a Super Bowl and Briggs can leave after the season and get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Ain't it truth.

Props to you for calling Briggs not missing a single game. I really thought he was going to let the stubborness and righteous indignation keep him off the field until week 10. But the money wins out in the end. I should have known better. Him showing up for training camp does show that he cares about the success of team though so I give him props.

Comment

I knew there was no way the guy was going to walk away from seven million no way.

Comment

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but I think Rosenhaus was brain-washing him.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Is this really a surprise?

Lance Briggs had 2 options. Make money, or don't make money. Which one you think he's gonna choose?

I still feel however that Chicago dropped the ball not trading him. They have capable backups to replace him, plus he's basically gone after this year. They couldve used the Skins draft pick to get a guy like Amobi Okeye or even Laron Landry. I think that wouldve been better for them long term than having Briggs for one more season.

Comment

So in the end a statement like, I will not play for the bears again, wont bite him in the butt?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                  So in the end a statement like, I will not play for the bears again, wont bite him in the butt?
                  Nope, because fans are forgiving, especially when they hear that a star talent on their team will be available for the upcoming season.

Look at Terrell Owens. Dallas fans couldn't stand him. Hated his guts for doing what he did to the star. Oh wait, whats that? He's a cowboy now? Wohoooo! *buys TO jersey*

Thats how fans are. We're fickle. All we ultimately care about is winning.

Comment

This is good. Our Defense won't get any weaker with Briggs at Will and it will give another year for Okwo and Williams to mature and eventually take over. Briggs will get paid after next season and the Bears will get hopefully 3rd round consideration from him. Might not be as much as the Bears could have gotten this season, but it will be worth it if Briggs helps win the Superbowl.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Can't say this surprises me at all, for some reason I felt like Briggs would be the one to cave in.

Samuels I'm not so sure on...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Nope, because fans are forgiving, especially when they hear that a star talent on their team will be available for the upcoming season.

Look at Terrell Owens. Dallas fans couldn't stand him. Hated his guts for doing what he did to the star. Oh wait, whats that? He's a cowboy now? Wohoooo! *buys TO jersey*

So, so true. I'm sure as soon as Briggs makes an INT and runs it in for a TD or makes a huge goal-line stance the fans that can't "stand him" will be cheering their asses off.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

yeah, but I guess as a former business student, if someone burns their bridges like that I would hold them to that regardless. So basically an athlete can say whatever, and in the end go back to status quo and everything be fine? I dont know if I would be happy with that if I am management. Once someone says that I would hold them to that, and move on from there.

Comment

You can consider football a business, but it's a little different than real life. You have to look at your team as a product, and having this component makes your product better. You sell more things and get higher ratings from your consituents with Briggs there. There's the interpersonal relationship aspect and the pure production aspect. Sports franchises and contracts are very intricate.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                              Might not be as much as the Bears could have gotten this season, but it will be worth it if Briggs helps win the Superbowl.
                              Unless Briggs is taking over the QB position from Sexy Rexy, don't count on it.
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information