Simeon Rice CUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
    You have to think DET might make a move for him fast b/c I remember back in February/March rumors circulating that Rice would get cut and the Lions would sign him and the Lions never did a whole lot to adress the DE position (drafted the dude from Hawaii, who is more of a developmental player anyways) so the interest should still be there, adding an edge rusher could really help them and you know Marinelli is gonna put pressure on management to sign him.
    they signed dewayne white in FA as well.

Comment

The Redskins might/should take a look at him. For the right price, bring him in for a year or two. We need all the help we can get along the line.

Comment

What is it with these old Defensive ends? Rice refuses to take a pay cut, Strahan may be planning to hold out for more money. Come on old timers!

Comment

Just because Rice is over the hill doesn't mean he's going to play for the vet minimum and be a backup. Get a clue.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Just because Rice is over the hill doesn't mean he's going to play for the vet minimum and be a backup. Get a clue.
            If he's going for vet min, the Skins or Lions would defiantly grab him.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
              If he's going for vet min a ton of teams would grab him, but why the **** would he do that? It's not as if Rice hasn't made a ton of money already. It's the same thing as Meshawn, if someone doesn't at least pay him marginally he's not going to play at all, washed up or not.

For the record I do think someone will sign him, and he likely won't be a fulltime starter, but he's going to be making at least 2-3 million per year or he won't be playing at all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

hes not gonna go for the vet min imo....
                hes not gonna wanna go from getting 10mil, to getting the Min.....

i could see him going to Det.....

if buffalo hadn't resign Kelsay (like i wished) then i would have liked to see rice brought in

Comment

With Reggie Hayward slowly nursing his injury, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags picked him up to help out the pass rush.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                  It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                  Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                  http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                  421 Witness
                  756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
                    With Reggie Hayward slowly nursing his injury, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags picked him up to help out the pass rush.
                    I hope they don't.

Wherever he goes, he'll command much more then the vet minimum. And he was cut because he failed a physical, which obviously means that he hasn't gotten over his injury.

I'd go after the 14-sack-a-year version of Rice in a New York minute. But it looks like he's still the 2-sacks-in-8-games version. I don't want to pay for former and end up getting the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                      I hope they don't.

Wherever he goes, he'll command much more then the vet minimum. And he was cut because he failed a physical, which obviously means that he hasn't gotten over his injury.

I'd go after the 14-sack-a-year version of Rice in a New York minute. But it looks like he's still the 2-sacks-in-8-games version. I don't want to pay for former and end up getting the latter.
                      Agreed.

Remember when TMD was going red in the proverbial face wanting the Jaguars trading for him? Classic.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

http://www.tampabaybucs.com/

Jul 26, 2007 -

At the end of a busy first day of training camp, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made one more very noteworthy roster move.

Shortly before 7:00 p.m., the Buccaneers announced that veteran defensive end Simeon Rice has been terminated/failed physical.

The move comes before Rice was to begin his seventh season with Tampa Bay. Most of his 2006 campaign was lost to a shoulder injury that limited him to eight games and severely affected his production before he went on injured reserve.

General Manager Bruce Allen is scheduled to address the media from the team’s training camp headquarters at the Celebration Hotel at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night. Allen will discuss the Rice termination in addition to other topics.

In his six seasons as a Buccaneer, Rice tallied 69.5 sacks, third most in team history. He had at least 11 sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa. Including his five years with the Arizona Cardinals, who drafted him third overall in 1996, Rice has career totals that include 584 tackles, 121 sacks and 37 forced fumbles.

______

They say he failed a physical, but didn't they do that with Lynch when he got out of there too? I remember them making some bs about him failing a physical. He did have that shoulder problem last year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                          they signed dewayne white in FA as well.
                          ahh...I forgot about him, I think he might be the pass-rusher they needed...I guess Rice could go a number of places, really any team that could use a boost to their pass-rush, and the truth is DE is one of those positions you can never have enough players at, almost every team would do good to add someone who can rush the passer like Rice so I could see him going a lot of places at the end of the day.

Comment

Meh, failed physical.

Shelton Quarles part deaux.

Welcome to Tampa, Daunte.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                              LMAO, if he's going for the vet minimum, there will be more than two teams in the running.

I think Detroit and Minnesota are obvious contenders for his services. I wouldn't rule out the Broncos too, since they seem to have a Pokemon approach ("gotta have 'em all!") to the defensive line this offseason.

Comment

I predict the Redskins will sign him to an exorbitant contract. I am a bold predictor of all things NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information