• Show
Clear All

• Easiest position in the nfl

minus punting and kicking

i would probably have to say gaurd

Originally posted by amag View Post

Defensive End in a 4-3. Unless they are stellar, many coaches might be apt to just let the pass rush all day (i.e. Simeon Rice).

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Defensive End in a 4-3. Unless they are stellar, many coaches might be apt to just let the pass rush all day (i.e. Simeon Rice).
      nice, true simeon only averaged like i think it was 1.5 tackles a game?

Comment

Running Back is a position that is most reliant on instincts and raw talent. The only transition that most Running Backs go through when they come to the NFL is in the passing game, blocking and route running. Physically speaking, it is grueling. Mentally, it is easier than any other position I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Running Back is a position that is most reliant on instincts and raw talent. The only transition that most Running Backs go through when they come to the NFL is in the passing game, blocking and route running. Physically speaking, it is grueling. Mentally, it is easier than any other position I can think of.
          Mentally though you have to know all the plays and you have to be able to pick up those blitzes based off what the defense is presenting you with. For a defensive end, especially one like Simeon Rice, all you're doing is going after the QB.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

There is a reason Linebackers and Running Backs typically win every rookie of the year award. It is by far the easiest positions to transition to from college. Since '93 only four players have won the OROTY that were not Running Backs. This decade only one player has won the DROTY award that wasn't a Linebacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              It's find the gap. Hit the gap.
              That's about it.

saying it's easy to play guard is ridiculous though. mentally it's challenging as hell. sure, you don't put as much wear and tear on your body because you don't do hard cuts like backs and defenders do... but it's far from the easiest.

d-line is IMO the easiest position. most of the time it's all physical skill and being able to shed blockers. you do three things. anticipate snap counts, force the pocket. create or block gaps for your LB's. that's it. i mean, sure you're 250-350 lbs, down in 3 or 4 pt. that's strenuous, and then saying hey to the o-lineman infront of you, all like, yo dude, what's up. i gotta get by you.

i respect them for their talents, especially top of the line, you can be decent and still start.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by amag View Post

there is actually a lot of skill that is in punting and kicking... not everyone can handle the pressure of kicking to win the game... you have to be abel to play your best with limited warm up time aswell... you can be called on when ever... and all i can say is... you try dropping a kick perfectly down the feild... punting is harder than it looks..

My easiest though... i would definatly have to say DE in a 4-3.... easist transition from college is easily linebacker or runningback though

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

long snapper

Comment

Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                    long snapper
                    You know how precise a long snapper has to be. If they miss by a few inches, they could cost a team the chance to beat the 49ers in a 2002 divisional playoff game...

Comment

idk about NFL but in HS its probably Safety. all u gotta do is know your assignment and be aware of whats around u.

u dont have to cover a guy 1on1 and possibly get beat..just play your zone ..dont let anyone get behind u.

you get the best opportunity i think at safety to make big hits..you see everything ahead of you..you have a lot of space

everyone on the field has to try to recognize what the offense does..the safety probably gets the best view .

Comment

Clipboard holding

Comment

Peyton Manning's backup QB. The man never comes off the field, Sorgi has it made.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            Peyton Manning's backup QB. The man never comes off the field, Sorgi has it made.
                            He's the Maytag repairman. =D

Comment

you have to divide it up physically and mentally(playbook, pressure situations) physically easiest(not punter or kicker) is probably Safety, mainly FS. most of the time you're in zone, playing zone or covering a slower player.(granted he's prob. bigger but still) mentally easiest is probably DE. Its between rushing the passer or playing the run, and the set the O has on the field and the situation helps you out alot. Theres no do i go back into zone or play man? etc and dont have to know much of the playbook really.

but there is no "easy" postition in the NFL, every guy works their @$$ off and has to know techniques, plays, audibles and characteristics of their opponent
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information