NFL Draft Revision Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft Revision Thread

Post what you don't like about the NFL Draft that needs to be changed. For example, when should players be elligible? Also, the time limit to select a player.

the time limit needs to be changed to 10 minutes without a doubt. then in a few years we could consider lowering it again. 15 minutes in the first rnd is absurd.

i think players should be allowed to enter after their sophmore year. i actually think they should be allowed to enter after their freshman year, but baby steps, baby steps.

i would also like to see some kind of slotting system as far as contracts go as well to reduce the number of holdouts.

Comment

I wouldn't change anything about the draft, I would, however, require that there be a camera for every potential draft pick. I really wanted to see Aaron Brandt's reaction when he got drafted in the 7th round.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Shortin the first round time limit to 10 minutes.

Comment

making TSN have the nfl draft longer then one hour.

Comment

I think the NFL Draft is fine how it is. Yeah the first round may take some time but if it didn't then some trades wouldn't happen and that will ultimately hurt the teams.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Not allow Chris Berman on the premises.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                Not allow Chris Berman on the premises.
                hold on what.... k your a lunatic!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                  hold on what.... k your a lunatic!
                  Can't stand his stupid little puns, and it seems he got over his problem with spoiling picks in the draft, but I still would much rather see another person anchor the draft broadcast.

Comment

Can't stand his stupid little puns, and it seems he got over his problem with spoiling picks in the draft, but I still would much rather see another person anchor the draft broadcast.
                    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Scott Van Pelt anchor it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

man i love his puns... there cheesy and make me laugh most of the time.. he is entertaining... i loved him after gaems on sundays night more though... god i miss that show

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

-Actually show the draft pick announcements after the First Round..
                        -More analysis on Post 1st Round picks
                        -10 Minutes between Round 1 picks

Comment

The only thing I hate about the draft is waiting for it to come.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like it.THe only thing Id do is fire Todd McShay.
                            I also like to make sure they say the name before the position.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

1) Regulate rookie salaries to a system closer to the NBA's, such that a player like LaRon Landry doesn't instantly become the highest paid safety in the league without ever playing a down.

a) This would really make high picks an advantage, and would actually help those teams that need help the most by virtue of their horrible play the year before.

b) It would also promote more trading of high picks because the financial ramifications wouldn't be as drastic. More trades means more excitement for the fans.

2) Shorten the time allotted to make picks to 10 minutes for the first 2 rounds, 5 minutes for rounds 3-4, and 2:30 for rounds 5-7. ESPN should then be able to devote more time to the actual analysis of picks as they come in, then have an hour or hour and a half after the draft ends to wrap up things on the whole (winners & losers, etc.).

3) Invite more guys to the draft. Sure, it's tough for them to sit there waiting, but it's entertaining for us at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information