Booger McFarland out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
    OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.
    1- Over the last 8 games of the season, the Colts averaged 24.375 pts per game.

2- The Colts run defense was abysmal all regular season long, let's not kid ourselves. Easily one of the worst in league history.

(An interesting stat, brought to my attention courtesy of Pro Football Prospectus 2007: the 2006 Colts went 11-1 with Dallas Clark in the lineup, and 1-3 without him. Clark came back to the playoffs and they went 4-0, but of course the defense improved its play tremendously in that frame.)

3- Starters from last season who won't start this year: DT Anthony McFarland (given this weekend), LB Cato June, CB Nick Harper, and CB Jason David. The Colts already prepared themselves for the latter three.

4- About Peyton being neutralized because the defense can't get off the field: how was that not the case in 2006?

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    I remember the last few years that the Colts go like 13-0 and then they get to rest the starters.. I think this year they're goign to have to fight to the end.. Not that I think they'll be challenged divisionally.. but overall.
    Er, they played the entire season last year. Manning took every single snap, in fact.
    Last edited by Geo; 08-06-2007, 12:01 AM.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

This was before he signed...

Colts | Pitcock fails physical

Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:03:22 -0700
      The NFL Network reports Indianapolis Colts DL Quinn Pitcock, a third-round draft pick out of Ohio State, has failed his physical.

http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl

Comment

This hurts, but not nearly as much as the loss of Tarik Glenn. Unless Tony Ugoh surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          This hurts, but not nearly as much as the loss of Tarik Glenn. Unless Tony Ugoh surprises me.
          i think the losses are almost comparable, booger was the best dt tony dungy has had to work with since coming to indy and reports are ugoh has been doing alright in camp (except being burned by freeney a few times, fully understandable but).
          the loss of booger on the other hand means that the starters look to be pitcock at NT (not exactly a natural postion for him) and brock at UT. that does not sound good to me.

Comment

Well, the Colts are still the obvious AFC South picks but right now I'm not liking their chances for doing much in the playoffs.

Comment

What I'm saying is this:

Most NFL games are decided by 7 points or less. As such, many games are come down to the final two minutes, and are ultimately decided by a single possession.

When that happens, and the game rides on the Colts' ability to keep an opponent out of the endzone.....I just don't see it happening.

If they can jump out to quick leads and force opponents to throw the ball, they'll probably be okay. But when they let opponents hang around into the 4th quarter, they could be in serious trouble.

Comment

Actually I think that the Colts are in good shape when it comes to SOME of the losses.

1)-Marlin Jackson can be as much as Nick Harper was and more. Jackson is younger and showed signs of being good when he did play at CB in 2006. I really like Marlin this year and have heard good things for Jackson as of now.

2)-Kelvin Hayden should be an immediate upgrade over Jason David. David hasn't been special and he's only an adequate starter. I'd say he could be just as good as David has really ever been.

3)-Freddie Keiaho is already an upgrade in terms of tackling and high-energy play over Cato June. Keiaho may not be the same as June in coverage BUT at least there will not be as many missed tackles this year.

The loss still hurts but Booger was still on the field during most of the season in which the run-D collapsed.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

What rounds do the Colts pick in next year? If they have enough picks, they need to trade up and pick Glenn Dorsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    What happened to Tarik Glenn?

And at this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if Peyton Manning got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
                      At this point, 7-9 wouldn't surprise me.
                      Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzgerald11 View Post

He retired and thanks for that last part. Really is a good thing to say. But remember, WE HAVE SORGI.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                          Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
                          Yeah no kidding. Peyton has never had a good defense. I'm thinking 10-6, maybe 9-7 but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                            He retired and thanks for that last part. Really is a good thing to say. But remember, WE HAVE SORGI.
                            Why would Tarik Glenn. I have a new nickname for him, Willie Roaf. But, at least the Colts drafted a left tackle.

Comment

Why would Tarik Glenn. I have a new nickname for him, Willie Roaf. But, at least the Colts drafted a left tackle.
                              worst nickname, its just another guy's name

Comment

He retired.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information