Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come back player of the year, who will it be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    Yea I meant 9.20. He had:

8.88 his first season
    8.90 his second season
    7.49 his third season.. I think it's not out of the question for him to average over 9 yards an attempt.
    I'm sure those 8+ had something to do with his limited amount of passes. Look at what the starting QBs have in the league, none have above 8. Tom Brady doesn't even have above 7. Over 9 ypa is borderline ridiculous.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      I sure hope so because Manning/Palmer/Brees are all at 8.0 or below.

I'd think Big Ben or Moss take it, maybe Portis or McNabb.
      I forgot about Portis, I definitely think he can get it too, I expect 1,400 yards from him next year.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Why is it so Insane for him to hit above 9? He's gotten awfully close 2 times before.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Why is it so Insane for him to hit above 9? He's gotten awfully close 2 times before.
          He's going to be throwing a lot more passes, and a lot more passes that aren't just bombs like he did his first two years. So his yards per will fall as the growth in pass attempts will out weigh the growth in yards.

Comment

Originally posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
            He's going to be throwing a lot more passes, and a lot more passes that aren't just bombs like he did his first two years. So his yards per will fall as the growth in pass attempts will out weigh the growth in yards.
            Thats possible. I'll just wait an see what happens.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Because both of those times he threw under 300 times and was on a team that ran the ball a ridiculous amount. Seriously, NONE of the top 16 QBs yard wise had over 8 ypa, how is Big Ben getting over 9 not ridiculous?

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                I forgot about Portis, I definitely think he can get it too, I expect 1,400 yards from him next year.
                I can't see that happening with him splitting the ball with Betts?

Comment

Originally posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
                  I can't see that happening with him splitting the ball with Betts?
                  I think Portis should see above 300 carries. Betts is a nice back but nothing special and certainly not talented enough to steal a good amount of carries from Portis, just keep him fresh. The only reason I don't think Portis gets 1,500 is because of Betts though.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Andre Wadsworth and Michael Haynes are two guys to look out for from OLB/DE hybrid and DE.

If Wadsworth has a decent season it has to be him. I remember reading somewhere he had over 20 knee surgeries in his life.

Designs by Thule

Comment

So does the browns ;)

I still see him being a legit competitor for it.
                      Our db's are actually strong.

Bodden/Wright Jones/Pool young and full of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                        Andre Wadsworth and Michael Haynes are two guys to look out for from OLB/DE hybrid and DE.

If Wadsworth has a decent season it has to be him. I remember reading somewhere he had over 20 knee surgeries in his life.
                        if he gets 1 sack, it has to be him, not many people get another chance, and this is like number 10....

Comment

I'm thinking:
                          3k-3.5k Yards
                          24-25 Tds
                          7-10 INTs
                          99-101 QB Rating.
                          9.92 YPA Avg.
                          All of that, ESPECIALLY the last one, would be nothing short of a miracle.

My pick: Clinton Portis

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                            All of that, ESPECIALLY the last one, would be nothing short of a miracle.

My pick: Clinton Portis
                            forgot about him

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I hope it's Bentley, but it'll probably go to a bigger name.

Comment

I don' think it will be Bentley. Lineman just don't get many awards.

I think this is between Donovan McNabb and Ben Roethlisberger. There are some others that are long shots like Culpepper but Ben and McNabb will both be back, healthy and should have good seasons. Reports have been thet Ben has looked great in camp and McNabb will be McNabb as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Edit: Forgot abotu Clinton Portis. If he has a big year it could easily be him aswell. Though a QB stands a better chance of winning this kind of award IMO.

I don't think Moss deserves it. What is he coming back from? Laziness?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information