Steven Jacksons goal of 2500 yards.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
    I'll shave all the hair off my body if he does it.

you will shave your only ball hair?

Comment

I'll shave all the hair off my body if he does it.
      Someone needs to put this in their sig so that if Jackson does break 2500, this is remembered.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

2500 i could see him getting in total yards although it would be pretty dam tuff for him to pull it off. 2500 rushing yards forget about it no way in hell, theres a reason a number of people have hit 2000 but no one goes far over it

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
          you will shave your only ball hair?
          Nope, all of it.

Comment

Nope, all of it.
            For the love of God don't proved proof!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              For the love of God don't proved proof!
              Knowing Yoda, we're going to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                You're aware he had 2334 yards from scrimmage last year, right? I think he's already reached "ridiculous" level. 2000 should be expected at this point, and would likely be the result of an injury or diminished role in the passing game. I see no predictable reason to think he'll regress statistically.
                honestly, when someone has a season like SJack had last year, there is every year to think he might regress statisically. Now im a big fan of Jackson and think hes a great player, but the level he played at last year is very hard to sustain, especially on the receiving end. Now I feel like Jackson has the talent to sustain that level of production and maybe improve it, he could get 2500 or more total yards, could rush for 2000...But to act like theres no reason to think his production might slip is kinda ridiculous because the simple fact that he's coming off a great season like his makes him a candidate to slip....only the best players can actually sustain that kind of production, and those players go on to be HOFers....but there are tons of players who have great seasons but just cant keep it up for whatever reason....injuries, supporting cast, lack of talent, lack of motivation, league figures em out, conflict with coach, scheme change that hurts em.....whatever the reason might be, its just a lot of players that cant keep it up....thats why people like Steven Jackson and Frank Gore arent done proving themselves yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                  honestly, when someone has a season like SJack had last year, there is every year to think he might regress statisically. Now im a big fan of Jackson and think hes a great player, but the level he played at last year is very hard to sustain, especially on the receiving end. Now I feel like Jackson has the talent to sustain that level of production and maybe improve it, he could get 2500 or more total yards, could rush for 2000...But to act like theres no reason to think his production might slip is kinda ridiculous because the simple fact that he's coming off a great season like his makes him a candidate to slip....only the best players can actually sustain that kind of production, and those players go on to be HOFers....but there are tons of players who have great seasons but just cant keep it up for whatever reason....injuries, supporting cast, lack of talent, lack of motivation, league figures em out, conflict with coach, scheme change that hurts em.....whatever the reason might be, its just a lot of players that cant keep it up....thats why people like Steven Jackson and Frank Gore arent done proving themselves yet.
                  I agree. Which is why I said I see no predictable reason why he would regress. There's nothing to base the prediction on at this point. No tangible reason to believe that a young player such as himself on an improving team will regress statistically. However, I'd definitely agree that the odds are against him to reach 2500. There are so many things that need to go right for that to happen. The biggest thing being that he needs to stay healthy for the entire year. But there's no reason to believe that he won't. No reason to believe that his role in the offense will diminish. No reason to believe that he won't have improved as a running back. No reason to believe the Rams OL will be any worse than last year. But I agree that there is a very real chance that something will go wrong. There are so many variables that it would be tough to make it through an entire season without some kind of hindrance to his stats. But hey, I think we all can agree that the sky is the limit for him heading into the season.

Comment

Doesn't Jackson make a prediction like this every year? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If Jackson gets 1800 rushing yards, I'll be very impressed. If he catches for 700 yards, I'll be impressed. But doing both...I don't think he can do it. Last year was his first year carrying the full load, but he's trying to improve on excellence.

Steven Jackson is a great running back, but he's not Marshall Faulk.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

agreed sir

Comment

Nope, all of it.
                        I think you should should get ready to shave your body hair. Steven Jackson only needs 166 more yards from scrimmage than he did last year to get to 2500 yards. In my opinion, Jackson is the second best running back in the league behind LaDainian Tomlinson.

And I think you should put up a picture to show you shaved your body hair.

Comment

Of course I'd love for him to do it, he is the running back of my favorite team, so if he does, I will shave all my body hair.

Comment

i believe he wont because, the Rams have a high powered O, and can rack up yards through the air. They also have a VERY good backup in leonard(yea, ima homer, not the 1st time, not the last). but with Leonard, they can keep Jackson fresh and not have him take a huge beating. they also want him healthy for the playoffs, as they will win the NFC West.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Of course I'd love for him to do it, he is the running back of my favorite team, so if he does, I will shave all my body hair.
                              Again don't proved proof, I beg you!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Every year someone makes a statement like this. I think last year Gore said he wanted to break some record and so did LJ, but I could be mistaken.

He already had pretty close to 2500 total yards last year, it could happen, but to break Marshall's record that he obtained during that insanely good offense of course seems very unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information