No announcement yet.

Best backup team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is gonna be nothing but a complete homerfest by tomorrow afternoon.

Seriously. Most fans just assert that so-and-so on their team is among the best backups in the league at his position.

And David Garrard should not be at the top of any sort of "Best" list unless we're talking about players that are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Seriously. Most fans just assert that so-and-so on their team is among the best backups in the league at his position.

And David Garrard should not be at the top of any sort of "Best" list unless we're talking about players that are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
      In other news, I could definitely make a case for the Jaguars for being the best, but never mind.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
        go ahead and do that if you want....the all-star backup team lol

DE: Mark Anderson, Robert Mathis, Jarvis Green
        Robert Mathis is a starter

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I thought it might be some sort of all nfl back up team but oh well, I suppose that isnt immune to the homerfest either.
          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
            I dont wanna sound like a homer, but the Bears have some pretty damn good depth

QB: Griese, Orton
            RB: Adrian Peterson
            FB: Mr Suspended 4 games
            WR: Bradley, Hester, Hass, Rideau, Rashied Davis
            TE: Desmond Clark, John Gilmore
            OT: John St. Clair
            G: Terrence Metcalf, Beekman *unproven
            C: Patrick Manelly

DE: ALex Brown, Isreal Idonije
            DT: Anthony Adams, Dusty Dvorchek, ANtonio Garay
            LB: Jamar Williams, Ayenbadejo, Leon Joe, Rod Wilson
            CB: Ricky Manning Jr.
            S: Daniel Manning, Brandon Mcgowan, Payne
            the dline back-up for the bears is crazy

but yes chargers has some very nice backups especially at the RB position probably one of the best combos, behind duece and reggie

Comment

I'm impressed someone other than a Steelers fan gave James Harrison some credit.

But its the Chargers if we are talking about a complete team. They have several people as backups that could easily be starters on other teams. Billy volek is a solid backu qb and turner is the best back up runningback in the game. They have good oline depth and there recievers are decent aswell.
              Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

The only Browns players that I would even give consideration for this would be: C Hank Fraley, TE Steve Heiden, ILB Leon Williams and CB Gary Baxter(If Eric Wright starts which will probably happen.)

Comment

DB: Stuart Schweigert, Jimmy Williams, Dominique Foxworth, Richard Marshall, Merriweather, Adam Archuleta
                  .....Maybe for punt protector.

And no mention of Betts yet? I think him or Turner would be the best bet.

Comment

yea, it could turn into a homerfest...if it happens it happens nothing I can do about it, its still fun this time of year to talk about the top backups on teams, a lot of them will actually become starters during the season and possibly have breakout years.

And while Garrard had some bad moments last year (Titans game comes to mind), hes still a damn good backup QB. Who do you think is better?

Comment

We just had this thread, it was "What Team Has the Besst Depth" or something. Taking the best back ups from around the NFL and making a team would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                        .....Maybe for punt protector.

And no mention of Betts yet? I think him or Turner would be the best bet.
                        ah Betts...surprised I forgot about him...theres a lot of good backups at running back though, I also left off Adrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                          I'm not going to be a homer and say the Bucs even though, like everyone else, I am biased towards my own team so i'll just say the Pats have some pretty decent depth, particularly on the offensive line.
                          really cause i know the bills back ups basically arent that good

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

The 49ers have a little depth for the first time in a long time, but only at certain positions.

OL is our biggest strength as we have: Adam Snyder, David Baas and Kwame Harris (maybe Staley) as backups.

All of those guys will likely be starting and playing well next year or possibly this year.

CB isn't too shabby with: Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown

MLB looks solid with: Patrick Willis and Jeff Ulbrich.
                            Last edited by MasterShake; 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                              The 49ers have a little depth for the first time in a long time, but only at certain positions.

OL is our biggest strength as we have: Adam Snyder, David Baas and Kwame Harris (maybe Staley) as backups.

All of those guys will likely be starting and playing well next year or possibly this year.

CB isn't too shabby with: Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown

MLB looks solid with: Patrick Willis and Jeff Ulbrich.
                              I think Ulbrich retired but yea the 49ers have some good backups for the first time in a while....they got some other good ones at WR with Jason Hill and Arnaz Battle, Keith Lewis is a good backup at S, and Ronald Fields a solid backup at NT.

Comment

I think Ulbrich retired but yea the 49ers have some good backups for the first time in a while....they got some other good ones at WR with Jason Hill and Arnaz Battle, Keith Lewis is a good backup at S, and Ronald Fields a solid backup at NT.
                                Ulbrich hasn't retired, don't know where you got that.

Keith Lewis is a nice backup but I didn't want to get too homerish.

Battle is starting so he isn't a backup...Lelie is the backup.

Fields is a backup DE who could possibly start, but he does backup the NT position as well as a 3rd stringer. With Ray McDonald our DE position has a few pretty good backups, but again getting homerish.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information