Best backup team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best backup team?

preseason games have gotten me thinking about this, if were talking about which teams backups would make the best starting lineup who does it go? I think I have to vote the Chargers, look at the offense.

QB: Volek
    HB: Michael Turner, Darren Sproles
    WR: Malcolm Floyd, Eric Parker, Osgood (Im calling Davis the starter)
    TE: Manumaluena, Chandler
    OL: Oben, Mrucowzki, Withrow

DL: Bingham, Cesaire
    LB: Polk, Dobbins, Waters, Harris
    DB: Cromartie, Jue, Weddle

Im not bothering to mention everyone but as you can see some pretty damn good players who are backups for the Chargers

and also, look at my Raiders. yes, they seem better because i know their backups better than I do other teams, but still I have to say we have a pretty deep team.

QB: Culpepper?
    HB: Rhodes, Fargas, Michael Bush
    FB: Crockett
    WR: Gabriel, Mike Williams, Taylor, Higgins
    TE: Madsen, Stewart
    OL: Newberry, Boothe, McQuistan, Mario Henderson, Chad Slaughter

DL: Brayton, Moses, Hawthorne
    LB: Robert Thomas, Ekejiuba
    DB: Darius, Routt, Carr, Bowie, Frampton, Ward, Starks, Branch.................its a mystery who is gonna make the roster at DB for us...weve got 7 CBs and 7 safeties who all have a pretty decent shot at it and when BJ Ward and Hiram Eugene are the stars of our first preseason game it doesnt help clear matters up at all.

What? A Raiders fan giving credit to San Diego?...unheard of..

Seriosuly though, San Diego does have good backups, but I'm not going to pretend I know enough about every other teams' backups that I can speak with any kind of authority on this.

All I can say is San Diego has some good backups, and I'm sure a whole lot of other teams do also.

Comment

How can the raiders have good backups when their starters are atrocious?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

The Chargers definately have good depth.

The Bears have very good depth also.

Now only if they had a QB;)

stephenson86

Comment

I dont wanna sound like a homer, but the Bears have some pretty damn good depth

QB: Griese, Orton
          RB: Adrian Peterson
          FB: Mr Suspended 4 games
          WR: Bradley, Hester, Hass, Rideau, Rashied Davis
          TE: Desmond Clark, John Gilmore
          OT: John St. Clair
          G: Terrence Metcalf, Beekman *unproven
          C: Patrick Manelly

DE: ALex Brown, Isreal Idonije
          DT: Anthony Adams, Dusty Dvorchek, ANtonio Garay
          LB: Jamar Williams, Ayenbadejo, Leon Joe, Rod Wilson
          CB: Ricky Manning Jr.
          S: Daniel Manning, Brandon Mcgowan, Payne

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            How can the raiders have good backups when their starters are atrocious?
            well it can be a problem when your starters arent much better than your backups lol....

Nah seriously though the Raiders got some great starters on defense, but if you look on offense, a lot of positions, the starters arent a whole lot better than the backups...
            QB: Starter: McCown
            backups: Culpepper, Walter, Russell
            comment: I may very well like McCown the least of the 4 of them
            HB: Starter: Jordan
            backups: Rhodes, Fargas, Michael Bush
            comment: read QB comment
            WR: Starters: Porter, Curry
            backups: Mike Williams, Travis Taylor, Higgins, Whitted, Gabriel....
            comment: in this case our 2 starters really are a cut above the rest, none of the others have proven anything really at the NFL level.
            TE: starter: Zach miller
            backups: Madsen, Stewart
            comment: Miller is a good rookie and Im loving him, I like Madsens upside but yes I really do think Miller is gonna be a huge upgrade for us at TE over Courtney Anderson from last year
            OL: Starters: Sims, Gallery, Grove, Carlisle, Cornell Green
            backups: Mario Henderson, Boothe, Newberry, McQuistan, Chad Slaughter
            comment: I cant wait for Mario Henderson to be ready to take over for that bum Sims, Gallery is a massive dissapointment and I have no idea if he'll do well at guard but I do know Boothe was a bright spot on this OL last year. Carlisle does add some consistency and I like that from him. At C, I am just hoping Newberry will be healthy enough to take over Grove, another bust...and I really just dont know much about Cornell Green but he cracked the starting lineup when we decided that Gallery couldnt cut it at OT and slid him inside to guard.

Comment

i thought this thread was gonna be like you make a team out of back up players on every team. not just one teams back ups. that wouldve been cool.

Comment

I'm not going to be a homer and say the Bucs even though, like everyone else, I am biased towards my own team so i'll just say the Pats have some pretty decent depth, particularly on the offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                  i thought this thread was gonna be like you make a team out of back up players on every team. not just one teams back ups. that wouldve been cool.
                  go ahead and do that if you want....the all-star backup team lol

QB: Garrard
                  HB: Michael Turner, Maurice Drew, Marion Barber
                  WR: Mike Furrey, Chris Henry, Patrick Crayton, Drew Bennett
                  TE: Tony Scheffler, Desmond Clark
                  OT: Roman Oben, Maurice Williams
                  OG: Ben Grubbs, David Baas
                  C: Jeremy Newberry

DE: Mark Anderson, Robert Mathis, Jarvis Green
                  DT: Ian Scott, Darwin Walker, Alan Branch
                  LB: Kendrell Bell, James Harrison, Patrick Willis, Bobby Carpenter
                  DB: Stuart Schweigert, Jimmy Williams, Dominique Foxworth, Richard Marshall, Merriweather, Adam Archuleta

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                    go ahead and do that if you want....the all-star backup team lol

QB: Garrard
                    HB: Michael Turner, Maurice Drew, Marion Barber
                    WR: Mike Furrey, Chris Henry, Patrick Crayton, Drew Bennett
                    TE: Tony Scheffler, Desmond Clark
                    OT: Roman Oben, Maurice Williams
                    OG: Ben Grubbs, David Baas
                    C: Jeremy Newberry

DE: Mark Anderson, Robert Mathis, Jarvis Green
                    DT: Ian Scott, Darwin Walker, Alan Branch
                    LB: Kendrell Bell, James Harrison, Patrick Willis, Bobby Carpenter
                    DB: Stuart Schweigert, Jimmy Williams, Dominique Foxworth, Richard Marshall, Merriweather, Adam Archuleta
                    I personally don't believe rookies should be anywhere near this sort of list. At least not untill they play a few regular season games.

Comment

i thought Stuart Schweigert and Tony Scheffler were both starters

Comment

i would put Joe Klopfenstein as the Tight End

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                          I personally don't believe rookies should be anywhere near this sort of list. At least not untill they play a few regular season games.
                          well i hear what youre saying and I was thinking the same thing myself but there are rookies who have the kind of talent that only stays on the bench in rookie years unless they are busts of course...some of the guys i mentioned like Patrick Willis and Merriweather not to mention guys like Adrian Peterson, I think they are all stars in the making but just landed on a team in a situation where they have to ride the bench for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                            i thought Stuart Schweigert and Tony Scheffler were both starters
                            the way Im hearing it their starting jobs are being taken by Donovin Darius and Daniel Graham

Comment

o yea i forgot about those signings my bad :)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information