No announcement yet.

BF51's Top Ten Coaches on the Hot Seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure San Francisco's front office and fans alike, are all high Nolan. He's brought us a long way from the Erickson Era. No ways he's in the hot seat.. HE'S SOOOO CLOSE!

Comment

Nolan can't get fired he wears a suit. that makes him coach numero uno in my books.

Comment

Good, Childress is on there.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only reason I would say Norv Turner is not on that list already, is because of how big AJ Smith was on continuity when he brought him in, and how hard it would be to find a good replacement.

But you can sure as hell bet if he doesn't win, and win big, he's on the hot seat right away.

Comment

Excellent list and yes I agree the only glaring exception is Marvin Lewis. He hasn't lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl or for that matter anywhere close and how fitting is it that a Brian Billick protege who's resume is based on defense can't build a solid one? Marvin Lewis, while a great person, has been the man in charge during all these off the field incidents and apparently his high character is not being adopted by the players or management when it comes to drafting players. Its a real possibility that if the Bengals once again miss the playoffs that he could be gone.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              Excellent list and yes I agree the only glaring exception is Marvin Lewis. He hasn't lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl or for that matter anywhere close and how fitting is it that a Brian Billick protege who's resume is based on defense can't build a solid one? Marvin Lewis, while a great person, has been the man in charge during all these off the field incidents and apparently his high character is not being adopted by the players or management when it comes to drafting players. Its a real possibility that if the Bengals once again miss the playoffs that he could be gone.
              Read my reply above.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                Read my reply above.
                I read your reply and yet I stick my post. Marvin Lewis needs a good/great year from this team or he's gone in my opinion. You can love the man all you want but the bottomline is he hasn't produced in the playoffs and thats what matters most.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I read your reply and yet I stick my post. Marvin Lewis needs a good/great year from this team or he's gone in my opinion. You can love the man all you want but the bottomline is he hasn't produced in the playoffs and thats what matters most.
                  It's not just me that supports him, it's an extremely large amount of our fan base and most importantly our owner/media. There is zero pressure on Mike Brown to even consider doing this and Marvin has only had one bad season thus far. To even have expected him to do anything in the playoffs his first 2 seasons would've been absurd and his third season a freak incident (star player getting hurt very first play) screwed us anyway. To fire him on the basis of one rough season then assuming this year isn't bad for the sake of the argument is a bit much.

He's been here 4 seasons with a winning record.

Bruce Coslett was 21-39 over 4 seasons before he got canned and Mike Shula was 19-52 before he did, all under Mike Brown. He doesn't have a quick trigger and he's the one making the call, even if I didn't want Marvin I'd still concede that he'll be here AT LEAST another 2 years even under the worst circumstances.

I'm not the sort to support my coach regardless of his performance, I love UK basketball and wanted Tubby Smith gone after this year but Marvin would have to really underachieve this year to even be on the hot seat next year.

Comment

I definitely would have put Norv Turner there, but that's just me. He needs to win in the playoffs or he's one and done.

Comment

I think Millen is closer to getting fired than Marinelli.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Yup, Coughlin is definately #1. Its gonna take a miracle for him to save his job. And making the playoffs isn't good enough. Reese made it very clear that if this team doesn't do damage in the playoffs, he'll be disappointed (ie he's gonna fire Coughlin unless he goes to the NFC championship game bc he doesn't like him and only kept him bc it was the only way the Giants would hire him as a GM).

And yeah....I don't see that happening. Taking this Giants team that far would require alot of smoke and mirrors trickeration from the coaching job, ala 2006/2007 Jets, but this staff is far too unoriginal to adjust. Coughlin won't adjust his belt buckle let alone his playbook or playcalling. And the talent on the roster isn't good enough to overcome that as well. This team has average talent (from what we see so far) with below average coaching. Of course, Im doing a complete 180 from last year and being a major pessimist this year, but hey, I still make valid points.

Comment

Figuratively dead in the water:
                          Tom Coughlin, New York Giants

Head coaches on the legit hot seat:
                          Jon Gruden, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- needs to get to .500 at the very least
                          Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars- Del Rio has to get to the playoffs to keep his job, the Jags are probably the most talented team in the league
                          Brian Billick, Baltimore Ravens- the overrated blowhard doesn't have any more excuses now that the team brought/signed Willis McGahee, if the offense doesn't considerably improve for the better (and actually be able to win a playoff game like the defense definitely can) then he needs to get canned
                          Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns- needs to get to .500, Quinn might help buy him another year though

Head coaches a (bad) year away from the 2008 hot seat:
                          Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings
                          Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans

Who should be on the hot seat, but won't ...
                          John Fox, Carolina Panthers- he's got years and dollars on his current contract that the frugal Panthers owner won't eat, although I think he should be fired for wasting all that talent; Fox should stick to being a defensive coordinator, he's much better in that role
                          Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers- the Packers will be one of the worst teams in 2007 and contend for the first overall pick in the 2008 Draft

Head coaches nearing retirement:
                          Joe Gibbs, Washington Redskins- likely replaced by Bill Cowher
                          Tony Dungy, Indianapolis Colts?
                          Bill Belichick, New England Patriots?
                          Last edited by Geo; 08-14-2007, 08:41 PM.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Figuratively dead in the water:
                            Tom Coughlin, New York Giants

Head coaches on the legit hot seat:
                            Jon Gruden, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- needs to get to .500 at the very least
                            Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars- Del Rio has to get to the playoffs to keep his job, the Jags are probably the most talented team in the league
                            Brian Billick, Baltimore Ravens- the overrated blowhard doesn't have any more excuses now that the team brought/signed Willis McGahee, if the offense doesn't considerably improve for the better (and actually be able to win a playoff game like the defense definitely can) then he needs to get canned
                            Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns- needs to get to .500, Quinn might help buy him another year though

Head coaches a (bad) year away from the 2008 hot seat:
                            Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings
                            Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans

Who should be on the hot set, but won't ...
                            John Fox, Carolina Panthers- he's got years and dollars on his current contract that the frugal Panthers owner won't eat, although I think he should be fired for wasting all that talent; Fox should stick to being a defensive coordinator, he's much better in that role
                            Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers- the Packers will be one of the worst teams in 2007 and contend for the first overall pick in the 2008 Draft

Head coaches nearing retirement:
                            Joe Gibbs, Washington Redskins- likely replaced by Bill Cowher
                            Tony Dungy, Indianapolis Colts?
                            Bill Belichick, New England Patriots?
                            Thats a ridiculous assumption, Coach Billick is not going anywhere and the rumors need to stop. He signed a 4 year contract extension back in January of this year:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo...e.aspx?id=2440

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

It's been 9 years since Holmgren left the Packers already? Wow.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thats a ridiculous assumption, Coach Billick is not going anywhere and the rumors need to stop. He signed a 4 year contract extension back in January of this year:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo...e.aspx?id=2440
                                Personally, I hope Billick remains as the head coach of the Ravens for years to come.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information