BF51's Top Ten Coaches on the Hot Seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Damn I totally forgot about Marvin Lewis. He was supposed to be 7th but it slipped my mind.

Wade is a possibility but if the Cowboys struggle I don't see the logic in promoting from within. Then again they did hire Dave Campo.

I love Brian Billick. He can do no wrong in my book. Same with Jeff Fisher.

I like marvin lewis a lot, if he just gets his head on straight with regard to not bringing in low character guys, he can be a great HC. It was just a few years ago the Bengals were hopeless.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

On a somewhat unrelated note, I hate it when people make top X lists and then cram 2 choices into one selection. It's your list, just make it the top X+1 list rather than trying to be sneaky or something...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
        He's been our best coach since the turn of the millenium in my eyes. I don't think he's at all on the hot seat in his 2nd year, and if we're not atrocious with our young team then I surely want him as our coach heading into a bright 2008.

no way Juaron is in danger unless the team just falls off the deep end. The players like him and Marv Levy is pretty patient and knows that this is still a developing team. I cant see Juaron getting fired unless the bills go 5-11 or worse, but i dont expect that whatsoever.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
          So ...... you're basing the hot seat on wins/losses only? In that case, Nolan should be fired immediately. In the real world, Nolan's job is quite secure. Care to make a wager?
          Nolan's job is secure now. If he only wins 4-5 games it is not. And no I don't care to make a wager because I don't know or care who you are and likely won't remember this thread past tomorrow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

you lost all credibility with me when you simply couldn't spell "KIFFIN" the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
              you lost all credibility with me when you simply couldn't spell "KIFFIN" the right way.
              Sorry...I'm about as interested in the Raiders as I am the Dr. Phil show. He's gonna be fired in two years and nobody will remember him anyway.

Comment

Sorry...I'm about as interested in the Raiders as I am the Dr. Phil show. He's gonna be fired in two years and nobody will remember him anyway.
                wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.

Comment

wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.
                  Are any of those "countless people" not Raiders fans? Anyone with deductive reasoning skills and a brain can see that the Raiders are a haplessly pathetic franchise. He was what, their third choice for head coach? There are high school jobs that are more desireable than working for the Raiders. Get your head out of your homer ass. You just sound silly talking about football IQ and then saying the Raiders are headed in the right direction. What direction would that be? Relocation?

Comment

They traded their best WR for a 4th round pick, they can't even sign their first round pick, and they still haven't addressed the pathetic excuse of an offensive line that they have. How is that the right direction?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Agreed. This thread became worthless a couple posts back when he said "Nolan's job is secure now" yet he ranks No. 5 on his list of coaches that could be fired this year ... and he stands by that assertion. Lame.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                        Agreed. This thread became worthless a couple posts back when he said "Nolan's job is secure now" yet he ranks No. 5 on his list of coaches that could be fired this year ... and he stands by that assertion. Lame.
                        There are only three coaches on that list that I would consider not having a secure job. Almost everyone is secure until they start losing. Sure Nolan looks solid now but expectations are unquestionably high in Niner land and a lot of that is on Alex Smith's unproven shoulders. If he fails to live up to expectations it's much more likely that they are going to fire the guy that coached and took a part in drafting him than parting ways with the guy they gave a massive signing bonus to. I've countlessly given reasons why, yours consist of "people really like him in San Fran" and "wanna make a bet?". Everyone likes Nolan because they think the Niners are on the upswing, but I think it's 30% tops that the Niners make the playoffs this year. They are likely in for a dissapointment.

Comment

Are any of those "countless people" not Raiders fans? Anyone with deductive reasoning skills and a brain can see that the Raiders are a haplessly pathetic franchise. He was what, their third choice for head coach? There are high school jobs that are more desireable than working for the Raiders. Get your head out of your homer ass. You just sound silly talking about football IQ and then saying the Raiders are headed in the right direction. What direction would that be? Relocation?
                          do you honestly follow football at all? ESPN on monday night football said they were headed in the right direction... I know ESPN is the be all end all source for sports, but they are very anti-raider most of the time and even they recognize that we're going in the right direction. Mark flippin Schlereth gave the Raiders credit and that's about as likely as pigs flying at most times. Just because you have failed to follow the Raiders offseason outside of us not signing Rusell, doesn't make me a homer for noticing the changes. The offensive line made dramatic improvement in the run game and are looking good in pass protection as well. against the cardinals there were screen passes executed as well as short slants and smokescreen passes, which were non existent in shell's regime. before you shoot your mouth off on topics you have no credible knowledge of, make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about.

Comment

Ok well when the Raiders win 4 games again come on back and read that. I'm sure you were excited when they hired Art Shell too. Gotta love the offseason.

Comment

do you honestly follow football at all? ESPN on monday night football said they were headed in the right direction... I know ESPN is the be all end all source for sports, but they are very anti-raider most of the time and even they recognize that we're going in the right direction. Mark flippin Schlereth gave the Raiders credit and that's about as likely as pigs flying at most times. Just because you have failed to follow the Raiders offseason outside of us not signing Rusell, doesn't make me a homer for noticing the changes. The offensive line made dramatic improvement in the run game and are looking good in pass protection as well. against the cardinals there were screen passes executed as well as short slants and smokescreen passes, which were non existent in shell's regime. before you shoot your mouth off on topics you have no credible knowledge of, make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about.
                              Well damn, when you say it like that its unbelievable that they could be one of the worst teams in the league....

Their Quarterback situation is a disaster. Their runningbacks are improved by bringing in Rhodes, their O-Line is still a mess, their WR core is led by someone who hasn't done anything in a couple years (and it's not even Randy Moss), their TE is a rookie, and the only bright spot on that team is a pretty good defense, which may be able to complement that anemic offense just well enough to win 4-6 games.

What they have done in the preseason game, against Arizona mind you, doesn't indicate Lane Kiffin has turned this team round. And lets say they do manage to win 4 games this year. Then 5 the next. You really don't think Al Davis won't fire him? That's improvement, but it sure as hell would be difficult to take steps back from 2-14, everything is improvement. If he's not winning and making a run at the playoffs, with Davis he's on the hot seat.

Kinda reminds you of the commerical...."I don't care if it is preseason, the Raiders are 4-0 baby.".....

Comment

people don't see how badly the team was coached last year. they just see stat lines and say whatever comes to mind. we actually have a real life offensive line coach and a real life offensive coordinator. not some mayor guy who hadn't worked for a decade.

seriously look at who we had...tom walsh and john shoop as the OC.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information